“Great staffs in beautiful Resort”

Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Ranked #15 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great staffs in beautiful Resort”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The design and architecture of resort is very beautiful with fantastic view. Very nice beach area. Superb facilities. Staffs are very attentive and excellent service for example, Khun Syria, Beach Manager , Khun Win -Chef at Egg station At The Cove and a Thai trainee guy from Switzerland (I didn't ask the name) at Front office Reception. All of you made my trip more memorable. :)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AmmoAloha
CPBR-QualityManager, Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Sawasdee AmmoAloha,
Thank your for providing a review of your recent stay.
It is a great pleasure to read your feedback. We really appreciate your comments about attentive and excellent service and will share with the team.
I am also glad you like the design and architecture, the view and the beach.

I hope we can welcome you back at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket in the near future.

Kind regards,
Martin Jensen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (682)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Currumbin, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, resort facilities, rooms, restaurants and above all great staff. Thank you Au, Penny and Laurent!! Friendly service and going that extra mile to make sure we were happy. Our room was excellent, room service quick and meals in the restaurant and drinks at the Luna Bar good for quality and price - Dragon on the Beach yum. Loved the separate family and adult pools. Very family friendly with great kids amenities including water slides and for the big kids a day spa, gym, tennis courts...it's got it all. The gardens are immaculate blend well with the direct beach access and security visible but unobtrusive. We are definitely coming back here, bringing our adult family next time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AndreaK4223
CPBR-QualityManager, Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Sawasdee AndreaK4223,
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience.

We really appreciate your feedback regarding great staff. Your comments will be shared with Laurent, Penny, Au and the team. I am delighted that you liked the excellent location, resort facilities, room and restaurants. Your feedback regarding good quality and price when it comes to meals and drinks and separate family and adult pools has been noted as well.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket.

Martin
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

My family and are staying here at the moment and its SUPER. Our children are 10 and 6 years and are having the most fantasic time, this hotel has ticked all our requirements as a family, there is nothing for us to complain about what so ever, there is something for all ages. The pool is wonderful, very large so even lots of splashing would not bother you, for the smaller children there is a lovely little pool with a slide, and for the older children you have two larger slides with a jumping cliff which my son loves and a lazy river. Each afternoon you have staff members walking around the pool offering free melon and pineapple which I think is a lovely gesture. The hotel itself is situated at the beginning of Karon beach which I feel is rather private and it wonderful because Karon beach can get rather busy. You can walk into town which we do and it takes approx 10 minutes and we take a tut tut back which takes no more than 3 minutes that costs 200 bhat. We have chosen a plunge pool room which I can recommend, its a large hotel with many blocks and we are in block 9 which is facing the beach and feel its the best block to be in its also beside the pool block 8 is the next best block its tucked a little behind, ground floor has gardens and pool view rooms above have sea views, some blocks are in the hills maybe a little far from the pool but they must have the most amazing sea view. All in all the hotel is wonderful for us and we plan on returning next year, we have stayed in many Centara hotels but this one has thumbs up from our children and from us. Thanks Centara you are making this holiday a wonderful experience.

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Michelle Jane C
Dear Michelle Jane C,
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket.

It is a great pleasure to read that you are enjoying your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about wonderful pool, room, location and offering melon and pineapple around the pool.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year.

Salta, Argentina
Reviewed 25 February 2014

very good hotel one of the problems though is the complex to the pool was a little bit complicated and the food was a little bit expensive considering if you walk 200m you find the same quality of food at 1200 baht

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leonardo L
CPBR-QualityManager, Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Leonardo L,
Thank you for staying with us at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket.
We appreciate that you consider us a very good hotel. I have noted your remarks about the complex to the pool and the food prices.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Everything was great, nothing to complain about, staff is very nice.
Room is great with superior view, lobby is a bit small for hotel of this size.

Direct beach access, no need to walk, which is great advantage.

Breakfast are great, caters to all needs, staff at The Cove very nice.
Thai food at hotel is not bad, but too adapted to European taste, in my opinion.

Spa is very nice as well.

P.S. if you are looking for really good Thai food, try local restaurant called Family Seafood.
It's near Karon temple, on the left hand side, the last one before you reach the temple.
Thai food and seafood are just awesome.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AnnWang1111
CPBR-QualityManager, Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Sawasdee AnnWang1111,
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience. We appreciate your kind comments about very nice staff, great room, a great breakfast that caters to all needs and direct beach access. I am glad you liked the spa as well, and I have shared your comments about Thai food with our Chef. Enjoying Thai food can be a unique holiday experience, although some authentic dishes might be a little spicy for some of us.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Best wishes,
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Our family cannot speak highly enough about this fabulous resort & amazing staff! Our stay was originally planned for 10 nights. Unfortunately the day before our planned departure, my husband had a health issue & spent 4 days in hospital + an extra 5 days at the resort. Even though the resort was almost at capacity, we were accommodated for the extra 10 nights with no problem whatsoever. We had daily phone calls enquiring about my husbands well being, the hotel manager Michael even made a visit to the hospital! Everything has worked out well with my husband & we will never forget the care shown to our family during this time. We absolutely loved the pools, fantastic restaurants & the beachfront location was just perfect! If you are looking for an amazing resort, in the best possible location then we can highly recommend this beautiful resort!

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Jane W
CPBR-QualityManager, Manager at Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Jane W,
I am very glad to hear that everything has worked out well with your husband. Thank you for sharing.

It is a great pleasure to read that you loved the pools, the beachfront location and that the restaurants were fantastic.

We appreciate your kind words about Michael and the staff. I hope that we can welcome you back soon.

Staffordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Where do I start with this review! I cannot fault this hotel at all. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome, our baggage was taken to our room and we were handed a lovely cocktail, most needed after a long journey! We were celebrating our honeymoon, and our room was upgraded to a room with a Jacuzzi on the balcony, filled with petals. Very cute! The rooms were immaculate and cleaned daily by our very attentive maid, who always greeted us with a smile!
The pool facilities were brilliant, and the life guards are so funny! At 35 they coaxed me off the cliff jump...and gave me a big cheer when I managed to do it! My husband and I never struggled to find a sun lounger and there were plenty of empty spaces, but to be honest we favoured the beach....who wouldn't it was amazing!
Breakfast was great, I don't understand anyone who has moaned about it, the choices of food are endless!!
We ate a few times at the Beach Comber, we found the food really cheap and excellent quality. We did have a hiccup one day when they took an hour to bring my husband's food, however Bird was so polite and apologetic that it didn't seem an issue in the end! His attitude to customer service is be commended!
We spent our last day by the adult pool, which was bliss, and again the bar staff especially Peak could not have been kinder or more helpful.
We ate one evening in the Cove and it was delicious and although more pricey than out on the streets it was worth it! I must point out we had our meal as part of our honeymoon package!
The location itself it ideal, taxis to Patong are about £6, which I don't think is too bad, I would pay this at home so I don't see the problem with some of the reviews! Karon is an easy walk, took us 10 mins most times we went! We also caught a taxi to Kata one night which I can recommend if you don't like the madness of Patong!
This being our 3rd trip to Thailand I can honestly say its the best one yet! I can fully recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: book trips with outside tour companies, we did a great one buggy karting up to the big Budda and a t...