The Centara grand was amazing and definitely value for money! We went in September 2013.
The drink on arrival was delicious and we just sat while they sorted everything out for us!
The rooms were huge and we had a lovely jacuzzi on the balcony.... The bed was so big we could both spread out starfish ! The shower was lovely so big and you can look out onto the sea.
We had a slight problem with the fan outside it was very old and rusty but we called maintenance and they fixed it straightaway. The cute little things they put in the room were lovely such as the different dried fruits/fruits.
The facilities such as the big huge pool , lazy river, slide and diving area were definitely enjoyed by us earlier in the day , later on in the afternoon when we were looking for something more quiet we went to the adult pool which had amazing views and was very quiet! The only downfall was having to tip constantly when ordering drinks and food round the poolside, but we has already realised by this point after being in Bangkok for 3 days that this was a norm in Thailand and was expected everywhere even when their service was slow and they got it wrong!
We did a lot of activities such as phi phi Island, James Bond island, tiger kingdom, elegant trekking and zip wiring. We went into Phuket centre most nights and it was so alive!! The location of the hotel made it easy to get everywhere and do everything we wanted!!
I would definitely recommend for both couples and families!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon