We stayed at this resort for 5 nights and for the most part it was good but there are alot of faults that would be easily fixed with a better maintenance program,
When I'm paying the sort of money I did to stay in a reset in Thailand I expect every thing to be to a very high standard and unfortunately this place missed the mark in a few ways.
Our first room was a disaster, water leaking everywhere blinds that didn't work, no hot water and some lights that didn't work so the next day we got moved and again the water was either burn your skin hot or cold and the main lights didn't work but by this stage I was so over complaining that I just put up with it.
I own a pool maintenance business and the state of the pools here is not flash I was a little reluctant to let my little girl swim in them even though they are great they are just very dirty and the water balance is all over the shop.
The kids club was really good although they expect you not to leave the resort while your child is there which is a little bit of a pain, not that it stopped us.
The staff were mostly really great and helpful and friendly and I can't really fault them, it's more the facilities that let this place down.
The breakfast was average also, we were at the end of a month long trip around Asia and this was the least impressive breakfast we had.
Overall I will stay somewhere else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon