As I write this review, I am still in the deluxe spa room. All thanks to Agoda that I got to book this room just 1 week ago. Arrived today, 18 June 2014. Upon arrival, bell boy was not at front porch waiting, but he managed to appear when our luggage are taken out from the Phuket Shuttle transfer we arranged. Walk to the available 3 tables for check-in. 2 ladies sitting behind the desk, on phone. 1 table was empty. Greeted by a trainee staff as her name tag clearly shows that. She was helpful and cheerful and took our passports to photocopy. Took my credit card as well.
When served by this lady name, Oil. She was constantly on phone while serving us. I told her we requested for early check-in and she was checking. Told us bluntly that we need to print out the agoda provided voucher. We did not print it and show her via our iPad. She gave us an email address indicating we must email her that copy. I was amazed why such arrangement through agoda was not made in advance for paying customers.
She then told me she will swipe my credit card for 6,000 Baht per/day and will refund 15 days after our check-out. This puzzles me as there was no such information beforehand.
She gave 2 forms to fill in, one for hotel the other for a loyalty programme. Handed the form to me while she was on phone and kept pointing I must sign the loyalty programme.
I was puzzled. She then blatantly mentioned that if I sign up this loyalty programme, I will then be given internet usage. I was puzzled as when I sign up with agoda, it indicated free wifi.
We then proceed to lunch at the restaurant while await the room to be ready at 12.30pm.
At lunch, ordered our food, and realised missing cutlery on our table. Requested not once, but three times to 2 different staffs and yet, it was not met. We ordered Tom Yum Gong. It came without spoon for us to scoop and drink it. Strange indeed.
We ordered noodle and requested for chopsticks, and it did not came only after requesting it on third time. Strangest thing was that, we saw staff of hotel or some tour agent having their lunch being served despite our ordering was made earlier than theirs. By the way, lunch was not nice.
Went on to our room after checking in at 12.40pm. No baby cot found. Called them, and it got delivered shortly.
The hotel is in low season as entire phuket is low season. Not sure why such poor services provided.
Went to the Italian restaurant for dinner and the service crew were much better. Friendlier and more service-oriented. Dinner was good, paid for set menu dinner and would recommend this italian restaurant.
Overall, I feel that, as a first timer in this resort and having not visited Phuket for more than 8 years, the first impression given in the morning was really not very nice, not friendly and not willing. I believed they could do alot better, and most importantly, alot more smiles will be added advantage as a new resort.
Let's see what will happen for the next 3 other days of my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Expedia, Fastbooking, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon