We had a lovely 10 day stay at this resort with our teenage son. The resort itself has been built into the hillside and is about a 10 minute walk into Karon which is fine but at night it is advisable to get a taxi as too dark and road too dangerous to walk on. We originally had booked a Deluxe Pool Villa which was lovely but really not suitable for 3 adults as not enough space, so once we got to the resort we upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa with pool. The 1 bedroom villa (which we nicknamed Tree Top Villa) was up in all the green vegetation and really was lovely and extremely spacious. We used the adult pool a couple of times and this pool is quieter and has a stunning view over the ocean. The main pool has activities in it at varying times of the day and the lazy river and cliff jump were popular with the families. The beach is quite unkept and although there is a lot of debris from the trees on the beach I expected this to be cleared up daily and it wasn't (especially around the sun-bed areas). The grounds within the resort were very well kept and the foliage quite stunning. We ate at the Beachcomber several times as the setting next to the beach is lovely. The food was good but I thought could be improved by serving steamed vegetables instead of sautéed and adding a grill tomato to fill the plate (a few finishing touches were needed). One area I think lets down the resort is the reception. It's very dull and dark and really needs brightening up if it's to reflect the rest of the resort. We used the main dining area 'The Cove' for breakfast the first morning but found it very busy and very hot as there are only ceiling fans operating. As we had a villa we were able to use the club facilities - there is a small separate lounge for breakfast, snacks at lunch time, afternoon tea and cocktails in the evening. We took breakfast in the club lounge every morning and although smaller with less choice we found it a lot quieter and quite adequate for what we wanted. The staff all around the resort were extremely courteous, polite and always smiling. Would like to highlight a couple of the staff - the first Au who worked in the club lounge the beginning of our stay (didn't see her towards the end) was extremely professional and had a lovely smile every morning and nothing was too much trouble. The other member of staff Martin (Quality Manager) was extremely efficient and helpful as we had a few problems in our villa with the internet and the water in our pool being drained unbeknown to us. I have to say any small problems that we had were dealt with promptly and resolved very quickly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, the five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is right on the sands at Karon Beach. The resort is backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own landscaped water park which features a meandering lazy river, waterslides, a kids’ pool with a waterslide, a cliff jumping platform, and an adults-only pool with its own pool bar. You will love the other exhilarating leisure activities on offer, including water sports (kayaking, windsurfing and sailing), snorkelling, tennis, and Muay Thai (Thai boxing). Diving can also be arranged, and there’s a fully-equipped fitness centre. Relaxation seekers will head to the award-winning Spa Cenvaree, a refuge for the senses which combines ancient healing practices that reflects Thailand’s wellbeing heritage with modern rejuvenation techniques to nurture and rebalance the body. The resort also has age-specific kids clubs, free Wi-Fi, and seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Each of the spacious rooms, suites and pool villas (49 to 209 square metres of total living space) is designed in a Sino-Portuguese décor and features a balcony or terrace with soothing views of the pools, the gardens or the sea. A number of rooms come equipped with an outdoor Jacuzzi while the suites comprise a plunge pool. Phuket International Airport is less than one hour by road from the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon