“Great Customer Service”
Review of Sunrise Divers

Sunrise Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sunrise Divers is a PADI 5 Star Center based at Karon Beach, Phuket since 1999. We offer a wide variety of dive options - liveaboards to the Similan islands, diving day trips and overnight trips around Phuket and Phi Phi, and dive courses for new and experienced divers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We registered for our PADI Open Water Dive course with Sunrise Divers after getting a recommendation from an experienced dive couple that uses them frequently. As we were promised, the staff at Sunrise were friendly, responsive, and provided us with the answers to our questions related to the diving course and diving in general. Jaime, the office manager, also provided other helpful information for us about Phuket (check out his personal blog for restaurant recommendations and general info. on Phuket). We were pleased with the transportation and lunches provided to us over the three day course and really enjoyed working with our dive instructor, Alexia, who was knowledgeable and easy to learn from. We also appreciated having our PADI temporary certification cards emailed to us only two days after we completed our course. We would recommend Sunrise Divers for other divers and would also highly recommend completing the e-learning courses at home prior to your arrival in Phuket. We found that as first time divers, having studied the basics of diving at home, it made the experience less overwhelming for us...and believe me, while scuba diving is fun and I plan to do it again, I found it to be intimidating when I first got in the pool.

1  Thank woshoudebuhao
JamieMonk, Manager at Sunrise Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and hope you can get back in the water again soon. It's very nice to see a new diver overcome a little early anxiety and become a dive addict! And living in Asia you have a lot of options nearby. Very nice to meet you here!

Jamie
Shop Manager

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Our internet search for diving in the Phuket area had us landing at Sunrise's website - professional, clear and offered everything we were after: PADI certification and good diving. Upon arrival we were glad to find a very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable team. Although terrified at the beginning, the one-on-one instructor soon killed my fears and three days later I was certified. Then we booked 2 days in Similan Islands with Sunrise. Fair prices, good diving, a very professional team, good rental equipment, excellent food! Essentially, Sunrise delivers promptly and reliably. Thank you Jamie and Tristan! Zsuzsi

Reviewed 15 March 2013

These guys can sort through all the different dive operators and get you a package that suits your needs and levels on the days that you can do it. The most flexible way to get a really good dive operator and program. We were beginners and ended up on MV Greta, and our dive instructor was great with a family of all different ages, we all felt confident we were in safe hands.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I organised 4 days diving through Sunrise Divers while I was in Phuket. I was switched onto them by Jamie Monk's blog which gives good advice on Phuket. I felt he was someone I'd like to do business with. Knowing how exhausted I am after a day's scuba diving, I decided to do a dive every other day. Sunrise rent you their equipment and act as an intermediary for other dive clubs in the area. It just so happened that I dived with a different club each time; Dive Asia, South Siam, Kamala and All 4. All the boats were comfortable and well managed. The only problem I had, and this has nothing to do with Sunrise Divers, was that my equipment bag didn't make it onto the boat for my final day's diving with All 4. Not entirely sure what happened, but they have 2 boats, and I suspect it ended up on the wrong boat. Fortunately, they had spare equipment, but a word to the wise, check for your equipment bag before the boat leaves. Overall, Sunrise Divers are good value, have decent equipment, offer good service and a useful website.

Reviewed 30 January 2013

His Excellency, Jamie, is awesome! Patient guy that he is, he's answered at least 40 of my emails, before I finally booked and paid up! Meeting him in person was a blast! He also outfitted us with out BCDs, just so it's the right one, not the one that I wanted, but it's the right one!! He gave us a lot of good advice, and was he ever right! I'll be back for more diving with Sunrise divers!!