“Very bad....never book”

Ranked #55 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very bad....never book”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel pictures were impressive in the site and even the reviews. But actually the hotel was very shabby with no service. The breakfast area was pathetic and dirty. They make eggs but with a horrible oil. The fruits were not fresh. Most of the days we used to eat only cereals with the milk not being fresh.
We arribed at the hotel very late in the night and could not believe our eyes that it is hotel or so called resort. There was no security neither any service guys to carry your bags even. The reception man was almost asleep and very dull. The deluxe rooms that they provided was horrible with torn bed sheets. Dirty toilets with locks not working. There was leakage from the AC.
The other day we were shifted to the Standard rooms which were still better. But nothing great.
The only good thing in th hotel is the swimming place.
And never book any trip or transport from the hotel. There are two Italian owners who will completely take you for a ride and book you with very shabby travel guys.
So never book this hotel. It is overpriced and zero value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sanchari M
DarioPhuket, Owner at Manohra Cozy Resort, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for expressing your impression about our hotel: guests opinion is appreciated and respected, as it’s usually useful in order to improve the quality of the service we offer.

All my staff and myself are a bit bewildered by some comments of yours, in details:

- We find quite difficult to get how you can define a 2006 building, featuring larger spaces and areas then the average new constructions a “shabby” one. Furniture and details are exactly like you saw by pictures during your reservation process: we don’t use any photoshop trick in order to avoid any kind of complain concerning this matter.

- What is the meaning of "pathetic" if referred to an area (breakfast area)? Our Breakfast area is cleaned up twice, before and after breakfast session, everyday. Me and my partners personally have a look at it everyday to make sure that the cleanliness level is constantly good: are you basically saying that I can’t recognize dirt from clean?

- About breakfast supplies: we continuously use good quality fresh new oil, our cook never makes 2 eggs using the same oil, even because we do not make deep fried eggs; how was our oil “bad” in details?

- Fruit is coming fresh from the market everyday and cut just before serving it at the buffet..wish you could reveal to me your secret for a more-than-daily-fresh fruit buffet.

- We’re forced to refill the milk dispenser and cereals baskets at least twice during a breakfast session, as those are probably the most popular guest choices: I really don’t get how you could find those “ not fresh”.

- After consultation, my cleaning staff chief is astonished, as me: this is the first bad review about our deluxe rooms, as it is the first one complaining about deluxe room toilet cleanliness as well. We provide newest sheets possible to our deluxe room guests, in order to respect the room category level.

- I guess you can understand how it appears to be ridiculous and not fully credible that you preferred an easy standard room (24sqm, small toilet with shower only, cathode tube TV, small fridge) to our deluxe one (42 sqm, big toilet featuring bath tube, flat 42” LED TV, big fridge, private PC, much nicer and tasteful details and furniture)…have you really been here with us?!!

- Trip and tours service is not our core business at all, by the way, I have to say that we spend a huge amount of time on this, helping and supporting guests, in order to avoid them form major headaches concerning which kind of activity to choose among thousands on the market. Sometimes, with customers like you, our job is useless, as after clear and exact suggestions about which are the trips to avoid and which are the good ones, the guest (I clearly remember, we’ve been discussing for almost one hour) goes for the cheap choice (the one we usually suggest not to take)…and here comes the “shabby travel guy” you were mentioning. Next time you can easily go and find your cheap trip by one of the hundred tour desks outside, as you really didn’t care about suggestions: I don’t understand how could you now blame us about your mediocre trip.

- Of course I can’t agree with your opinion concerning our rates overpricing. I usually define as overpriced other cases, like a guest house offering a small basic room, coffee+toast breakfast, no swimming pool, no added services at 1,500thb/night: you can try your next stay at Hilton Aracdia for only 10,000thb/night…probably that environment will better match your weird concept of “value for money”.

- One thing I have to agree with and thank you about, is the night reception/guard matter you mentioned: we’ve already taken appropriate actions to solve the problem. Night security is a main focus for us, we do apologize for the “bad welcome” you got upon arrival…by the way I can guarantee that Mr Ton is not dull…could it be an English pronunciation matter maybe?

Overall, I have just one big question I can’t find an answer for: why would you stay with us, not expressing any concern about anything in order to wait to go back home and write a bad review about Manohra Cozy Resort? Wouldn’t have been better to tell us about what you didn’t like, giving us the chance to make your stay a good one, instead of keeping it all inside of you, bring it back home with you, spending a bad vacation? We really care about our guests’ holiday quality.

Warmest regards
Dario Bortolati
Manohra Cozy Resort
Resort Manager

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
yellowknife
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Booked for 6 nights in this hotel. Did not stay for one. The hotel is dated. Organized a pick up at the airport and they did not show up. Bugs in the room and dirty sheets. Very dated. Would not stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank KBreeno
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you are reasonably fit this hotel is very good and reasonably priced with easy access to beaches and shops. The food was really good, helpful staff and away from the noise of the bars.
My only criticism as a lone traveller with some mobility problems I found the facilities on 3 levels with too many stairs a bit too much for me. I asked for a ground floor room which was south facing and hot with a flight of stairs to get to the room and quite a noisy work site next door. Although the noise wasn't too much of a problem for me and I did take advantage of the free room service when I didn't feel like climbing 3 flights of stairs to the pool restaurant.
I made the most of my 11 night stay here by hiring one of their motor bikes to get around so overall enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms still have stairs
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Carol K
Sandnessjoen, Norway
Reviewed 4 May 2014

very helpful staff , we came one day earlier than we had booked and the Nice ladies in the lobby mad a phone Call to an another hotel and booked us for the night .
Even do this hotel was just 150 meter Down the street they drove us Down because it was hot and they saw us struggling With Our luggage...the bed are e little bit hard but who cares With this kind of location and as you see of the Pictures , they do not lie...Food are affordable ,but it could be better .they have Nice italian Food and thai and as long as you keep to this you cant go wrong .they clean every day and i always leave a tip on the bed for the ladies that , clean`s my mess up. this is a hotel withe good value for Your Money.

Room Tip: take the rooms that you can see when you arrive at the hotell. that means the front..if you like gar...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you’re scrolling through reviews of this resort and thinking (as I was) “there’s no way this place can be so awesome at such a reasonable price point,” you’re mistaken. The Manohra Cozy Resort is an amazing little spot and I strongly doubt you’ll find a place that offers more value for your money in Karon. I travelled with a large group of 8 and all of us were completely blown away by this place.

Pros
-Amazing value for your $
-24 hour access to the pool (which is never very crowded – we basically had it to ourselves)
-Tasty, authentic Thai and Italian food (we all agreed it was the best we had in Karon)
-You’re located next to a hill and lots of greenery (you can hear crickets and toads – amazing sounds!)
-Scooter rental on site
-The owners and staff are fantastic.
-You can drink at the hotel for a reasonable price

Cons
-Because you’re so close to nature, it inevitably means there are ants and bugs. I had lots of bites by the end of the trip (bring bug spray!)
-There are no duvets on the beds and it was a struggle between turning the AC on and off in order to be comfortable. Some people requested blankets from the front desk. In hindsight, that's what I should have done!

All in all, a fabulous, magical place. We’re still talking about our amazing stay at the Manohra Cozy Resort! Just book now! You won't regret it.

Room Tip: We had a room right next to the pool. You could actually order food from your balcony, which was kin...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Allis0n007
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at Manohra cozy for 5 days, I want to say thanks to all the workers there, they have been doing whatever was possible to make my holidays perfect. The superior room is big and toilette as well. Everyday there is a cleaning service which works pretty good, the room was clean perfectly. The swimming-pool area is wonderful and towel beach available every day , great Italian and thai food at the restaurant. I will be back again for sure, value is the best I have ever found in Thailand. The room comes with breakfast and the price was the cheapest I found in Karon area. See you soon guys and I’ll recommend your resort to all my friends!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: best choice ever in Karon area
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Giorgio B
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Spending part of my holiday at Manohra Cozy Resort, Karon Beach, was such a positive experience! The staff is happy and always ready to help you, and Dario & Mattia take really care of your holiday. They always make sure you feel comfortable, they explain and book every tour, taxi or bus ticket you could need. The atmosphere at the pool on sunset is something not to be lost, maybe having dinner with a classic Thai speciality or an Italian pasta. Food is really fresh and good. I want to say thank you to all the staff and especially to Dario & Mattia.
Keep going like this and see you soon! :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Baan Suay Resort Karon Beach
#62 of 134 in Karon
Lap Roi Karon Beachfront
Lap Roi Karon Beachfront
#113 of 134 in Karon

Been to Manohra Cozy Resort? Share your experiences!