“Incredible - value for money & customer service”

Manohra Cozy Resort
Ranked #59 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 7 August 2014

During a week's stay the staff were excellent. From arranging a variety of excellent tours at drastic discounts to the lovely receptionist getting up at 5:30 am to drive me to the airport when the driver I'd arranged didn't show - I cannot express how wonderful my stay was. There was no pressure for anything but honest evaluations and recommendations along with the every present welcoming smiles.
My room was spacious, much larger than expected, and quite comfortable. The pool was clean and refreshing, the restaurant (with free room service) was quite lovely as well. Breakfasts were expansive and filling. Motorbikes are available for rent although I chose tuk tuks - and they called them for me whenever needed. While there were a variety of fellow guests it never felt crowded - a lovely balance between the number of rooms and open space.
I've never experienced such a welcoming and peaceful hotel - the staff had an incredible impact on my whole trip. I'm already planning my next visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeno26

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Another one from the not so indian (NSI) traveller. Manohra cozy is a small resort with just the right amount of everything. Right attitude to guests, warm yet not over sugar coated behaviour. Just the right amount of amenities pool, restaurant and beautiful rooms. They also give you the option to check out the room yet use their toilets for shower etc after you are back from beach on day of leaving. Very budget friendly and comfortable.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anujseth55
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the second time i stayed in this place and..Wow that's amazing!!!! I got a direct reservation through tripadvisor and i got 10% off too!!!
Quality/price ratio deserve 10/5 stars.
Services provided deserve the same ratio!
The owners are already present to help their guest for any need.
Dario and Mattia are great! Also this time they suggested me the best way to enjoy my holiday at best!!!!!!
Thank you guys!
I suggest everybody to stay in this place!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tach D
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Got here today and still a bit overwhelmed by it!
We got a taxi which was managed by the hotel. On our way from the airport I've only seen some sort of industrial road and places that didn't look very welcoming. So, when we made the turn to the resort's driveway I didn't have a very good feeling because of the environment. But then we got into the hotel... :O

Our suitcases were practically pulled out of our hands! So helpfull. The lady behind the desk was very kind and asked immediately if we would like to have some information about things to do, trips to do, but not in the way we're used of the hotel managers in Thailand at all! Not so... Let's say, aggressive! She gave us the feeling we also had the option to say no, if you catch my drift.

We were extremely lucky to have booked very late, because it ment that we were replaced in one of the deluxe rooms for the first night because the other rooms were full. And what a luxury it is! :D Our own bath, big flatscreen, DVD player, room right next to the pool (which was very clean opposite to the ones we've seen before) and personnel which is willing to help you in every way. Nice touch; as we haven't planned anything in our holiday, we asked if we could stay another few days if we liked it. No problem at all and we even managed a good deal for the coming days, so, negotiations are allowed! :D

Directly after checking in, went to the restaurant which is besides the pool with a very typical view over the lagoon. We were served in a very nice way, but at first, the prices seemed pretty high for Thai standards! But when we got our plates... I got it! Totally worth every penny! Good full plates, and with French fries included! :P and we got a knife too! (Seems to be unusual in Thailand). Oh, and before I forget, you can order anything from the menu and get it delivered to your room for free! ;)

After we we were finished, sat ourselves down next to the pool for some swimming and relaxation. Ordered cocktails which are brought to you! (Usually you have to come and pick it up for the price we are staying here right now). You can pay the tab at the front desk whenever you want to. So, never got this much service for this price! Cocktails are very good and they have a good choice.

We don't know about the breakfast yet, but, undoubtedly, that won't be a problem at all...

Also LOVED the comments from the management on the bad reviews! ;) 2 guys with a lot of humour I presume? Hope to meet them one of these days...

Also, renting a motorbike was no problem at all... Enough choice, for a very good price! Eventhough it isn't there core business...

There are some things I would like to inform the management about though:
- I would consider putting a blanket in every room. (You are offered one when you check in, so that's no serious issue, but still)
- there are no 'big bikes' to rent here, which I find a pity! A lot of travellers I spoke with on our journey really miss that in hotels around Thailand!
- the hallway looks a bit 'messy' in it's setup. It's all clean, everything is where it should be, but when you get there, you don't instantly see what is what. A bit confusing if I may...

There are more things which I have an opinion about, but hey, this isn't the Hilton Arcadia, right? ;) like I said, the best value for money I ever came across so far!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sjoerd Hendrik v
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The best value for money i've ever found. I book a superior room, very big and clean, great bathroom. The buffet breakfast is various and it served homemade bread and cookies. The swimming pool terrace is amazing.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mario1981mugavero
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

For the standard of service and facilities, this hotel could charge about £40 a night instead of £10. The one downside is it's location. It's about a 15 minute walk to the start of the centre of Karon, and about 25 minutes to the beach (definitely not 10 minutes as some other reviews say). Of course for the money you save you could get a taxi in and out every day, and the hotel also runs a free shuttle bus so it's not a massive problem. The food (mostly Italian) is also delicious, if a bit pricey.
The rooms facilities are great.
When I visited, the pool and other communal areas were a little messy but it was low season and I think they were refurbishing.
If you don't mind being a little bit out of town, this is an excellent choice (and I'm sure the immediate area is a bit more lively in high season).

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank jfjf k
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Incredible surprised!!Manohra cozy resort is a special place to stay, room are big and clean,swimming pool are is amazing, the staff is helpful and friendly, they took care about all my needs. I suggest to make an inquiry via trip advisor so you can get 10%. discount,this is what I did and what I got!i suggest to everybody to stay at Manohra cozy resort, the staff really deserve 5 stars!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends