We decided to spend a few days at Karon as whilst we wanted to be near to the crowds we didn't want to be in the midst of them.
This resort is nested on a mountain and it overlooks Karon beach. It's a 15 min walk from the beach although the hotel provides a free one way shuttle to the beach every hour on the hour from 10:00 until 15:00.
We had a corner room with a jacuzzi which was fantastic. Pattong, the tourist mecca is only a short taxi ride (300 baht) away. Phuket old town is about 45 min away and costs 600 baht.
When we arrived we were greeted at the reception with cold towels and a local juice which is delicious and ice cold.
The hotel is a luxurious hotel.
Our room was fab with a mosquito net and an aircon. The mini bar wasn't as cheap as the other hotel but it was affordable.
The only downside was that the jacuzzi needed filling regularly. That being said the resort is nestled on a mountain so a few bugs made their way into the water but it's not like there was a plague.
We arranged a trip to Fanta Sea through the hotel and our airport transfer without a hitch.
Our wake up call was spot on.
The breakfasts are buffet with the eggs made on demand. The restaurant food was good yet not exciting. There are restaurants a stones throw away which continue right onto the beach should you wish to get out.
The resort, being on a mountain has very steep roads and there are 2 lifts. The 1st takes you to the vernacular lift which takes you to the level where your room is situated. Your baggage is brought up by golf carts.
This is a great romantic breakaway close to the crowds without having to be engulfed by them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hide yourself away from the world in a hillside paradise in Phuket, Thailand. The individual villa-style buildings of the Karon Phunaka resort and spa are set amidst a lush forest and scattered down Naka Mountain in true tiered wedding-cake style. From every almost every point in the resort, you'll have sea views to die for, floor-to-ceiling windows in your Deluxe bedroom that bathe the room in natural sunlight and a balcony with your own private Jacuzzi tub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Karon Phunaka Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karon Phunaka Hotel Karon
- Karon Phunaka Resort And Spa Phuket