“Phuket diving/ Sharkey Scuba”
Review of Sharkey Scuba

Sharkey Scuba
Ranked #3 of 28 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharkey Scuba is a 100% legal PADI dive center in Karon, Phuket. We are complete diving fanatics as our guests will testify! Started in 2002, the owners, Oui and Iain alone, have been teaching and guiding in Phuket for over 20 years between us. We were the first company in Phuket to exclusively offer private scuba diving courses from complete beginner to professional level. We also arrange day trips and Thailand liveaboards. Every guest is very important to us which is why we offer a highly personalised service including hotel visits and after dive events. Wherever you are staying in Phuket we can help with free transfers for dive trips from all of the following towns: Karon, Patong, Kata, Kamala and Chalong. Dive courses, day trips, Similans liveaboards - just ask and we will help.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My wife, Daughter(13 years) and I have just returned from Thailand where we had "The Most Wonderful experience learning to dive".
We had planned to do our open water referral starting off in the UK then finishing the open water dive part in Thailand. We struggled with time to complete this in the UK and we spoke to Iain and Oui who are the husband and wife team that own Sharkey.
They have been running the business for over 11 years I believe and couldn't be more helpful.
Nothing was too much of a problem and they helped us progress.
I managed to do all my confined water learning's and pool work in Thailand and then managed to get out on the boat.
Their local experience was Awesome and we socialised with them after some of the dives with very local amazing restaurants being recommended( I love my food so this was totally amazing for me)
The diving opened up an new world of adventure and normally hidden beauty to us
On my fourth dive we came across an "Eagle Ray"....... it glided past me and its majesty and beauty will stay with me forever........
Every step of the way the guys gave us great advice and I feel that as they are a family company with their own young family their safety conscious attitude was very clear .
Thank you for helping us learn to dive and for getting us to know more about Thailand!!!

1  Thank Craig R
Kanniga P, Owner at Sharkey Scuba, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was a real pleasure to introduce you and your family to the wonderful underwater world. We are glad that you not only had a great time but appreciated our continued efforts to ensure that everyone had a safe diving experience. Iain was jumping up and down with excitement when he got home after seeing the eagle ray, a truly beautiful creature. We very much look forward to seeing you and your family again sometime soon:).

There are newer reviews for Sharkey Scuba

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I recently did my Open Water Scuba certification with Sharkey Scuba, and I highly recommend these guys.
I enquired with them via email before travelling to Thailand, and Iain was very helpful and prompt with his email replies.
Oui was my dive instructor, and she was fantastic! She was very professional and thorough, and also a pleasure to dive with, pointing out heaps of interesting marine life during the dives.
I will definitely look them up on my next trip to Thailand!

NOTE TO TRIP ADVISOR - Your map to the office of Sharkey Scuba is incorrect. You sent me in the opposite direction! Please fix it!

2  Thank JackManPI

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a real pleasure to teach you to dive and once again experience the joy of a new diver. Do keep in touch and hopefully we will see you back here again next year:).

Reviewed 7 May 2014

From the moment we made our enquiry with Sharkey Scuba the service we received from Iain and Oui was outstanding, both very professional, knowledgeable and so enthusiastic about their passion that they are lucky enough to have made their job. They ensured everything went very smoothly, never left us feeling lost or unsure and made us feel like part of their extended family. I would have no hesitation recommending them to unqualified/qualified divers alike. A jewel in the Thai diving industry

2  Thank Holton33

Thank you so much for your kind review. We had a really great time meeting, diving and socialising with you both. It is also very nice to be so appreciated by a fellow dive professional. We certainly look forward to your next visit:).

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

This was our first time diving and we had an awesome time. Oui was our instructor for the day and she was really thorough in the instructions. There were 2 dives with the photo session in the second dive.
Every thing was as per the plan. Would highly recommend this experience for first time divers.
Thanks for the great day Oui !!!

2  Thank AmeyaJShetty

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I had a really great time showing you around underwater and once again feel very honoured to be the first person to show you our world. Iain and I feel very fortunate to have such a great job! Keep in touch and hopefully we will see you back for some more diving soon:).

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I just did my PADI rescue diver certification in Phuket with Sharky Scuba. Oui and Iain run their family business very professional and put serious efforts into their trainings and made sure that we learned a lot and having fun at the same time. Awesome service and hospitality, i'd like to highly recommend sharkey scuba to anyone who want to Learn from the best and is seriously interested in learning how to dive.

2  Thank TFK79

Thank you so much for your kind review. The Rescue Diver course is a very important step in continuing your dive experiences and probably the most challenging of courses. We are glad that you not only took the course very seriously but also managed to have fun in the process. Iain and I also had a lot of fun teaching you plus we made another new friend. We look forward to your next visit to Phuket:).