“Professional, passionate, and knowledgeable”
Review of Sharkey Scuba

Sharkey Scuba
Ranked #2 of 34 Tours in Karon
More attraction details
Owner description: Sharkey Scuba is a 100% legal PADI dive center in Karon, Phuket. We are complete diving fanatics as our guests will testify! Started in 2002, the owners, Oui and Iain alone, have been teaching and guiding in Phuket for 30 years between us. We were the first company in Phuket to exclusively offer private scuba diving courses from complete beginner to professional level. We also arrange day trips and Thailand liveaboards. Every guest is very important to us which is why we offer a highly personalised service including hotel visits and after dive events. Wherever you are staying in Phuket we can help with free transfers for dive trips from all of the following towns: Karon, Patong, Kata, Kamala and Chalong. Dive courses, day trips, Similans liveaboards - just ask and we will help.
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Iain, Oui and their daughter made us feel part of the family for our day under the water with them. We completed two dives around Racha Yai and Racha Noi. Both had great visibility and plenty to look at. The boat we were on was busy, but the experience we got with Sharkey Scuba was entirely personalised. Iain, took the time to brief us both before and after the dive meaning that our log books are full of accurate information! I would highly recommend this team over and above any of the other companies i saw in operation for whatever level of experience you have. We will be back!

1  Thank 155lucy15
"days diving"
"an unforgettable experience"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

A superb day of diving. Iain was our guide for the day and he was thorough, passionate and professional. I have come away from the diving day feeling excited to go back and experience more dives with Sharkey Scuba. The service throughout the entire day was first class! Thanks for a fabulous experience. Lindsey Shutts.

1  Thank Lindsey S
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I took my father diving with Iain after a 16 year break for my dad.

Iain took my dad through the refresher questions and equipment thoroughly on the boat as we headed out to the first of three dives in the phi phi islands. My dad went through the skills needed with Iain as part of our first dive and we had a great day. Iain spotted sharks for us as well as many other forms of water life which we would have missed otherwise. The small group personal approach provides a high quality service plus an improved level of safety when compared to larger dive groups. Iain was great company between dives, changing the air cylinders and preparing our equipment and then giving a detailed predive talk, taking us through the dive in detail and the areas to attention to for wildlife and any potential hazards.

We would all recommend Sharkey to our friends and will defintely go diving with Sharkey when we return to Phuket.

2  Thank mynzforapple
Reviewed 18 April 2018

I recently had the great pleasure of diving with Oui on 2 day trips. Once again diving in Thailand was an awesome experience. Nice warm water and plenty of fish life. The highlight being a dive with a whale shark.
The service supplied by both Oui and Iain was outstanding and very professional. I was made most welcome from the moment that we met. My partner (non diver) and I were invited by Iain to dine with them at a local restaurant one evening which we thought was a nice touch to our trip.If any one is thinking of diving in Phuket (karon beach, Patong) get in touch with these guy's, you won't be disappointed.
Thanks again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner had never scuba dived before and I was really apprehensive! Oui and Iain looked after us like friends and made sure that we were happy, reassured and confident with what we were doing at all stages. They took the time to check every detail with us and that we were comfortable. Nothing was a problem for them at all and they could not have done more to help us. I would highly highly recommend Sharkey Scuba as I am a huge worrier and I absolutely loved it! I felt very safe the whole time. I would absolutely use Sharkey Scuba again if we come back to Phuket - and wish we could had them if we scuba dive anywhere else in the world. Thank you so much !

1  Thank Grace B