“''Diver'' want to enjoy and take a relax in holiday”
Review of Phunawa Resort

Phunawa Resort
Ranked #74 of 132 Hotels in Karon
lieto,Finland
“''Diver'' want to enjoy and take a relax in holiday”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

It was excellent to visit in this place. My friend recommend this Hotel and it was ''AMAZING'' how huge rooms we had. We feels like freedom our kids had own bedroom and we had own room with my wife, one of our kids have food allerci and it was easy to made private food for her, and we enjoy many evening in Hotel restaurant and I really enjoy this ''Green curry soup with chicken'' It's my one of favourite food in this holiday. Test and ENJOY.. THANK's FOR TO KITCHEN!!!
´´PHUNAWA HOTEL'' is excellent choose, for to people appreciate good service, silent, good swimming pool and kids likes a lot jacuzzi, some rooms you can enjoy nice KARON SUNSET to sea, AMAZING rooms wih all equipment!!! WE will coming back 100%

Room Tip: All rooms are suite, we had family 2 bedroom it was perfect for us 2+ 3, we take one extra bed. it...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Petri T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
kellyville ridge
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last year and it was dewa then now it has changed hands and has got even better.The staff here are really exceptional and this time we have our kids 2,5 and 14 and they just love all the staff. We have our daily walks to karon and if our 5 year old can handle it we reckon everyone can.The only problem we have is getting the kids out of the pool to go out. The food here is great and also a good price. We would highly recommend to everyone and would like to thank Mr Lek and his staff for a great time and we will enjoy our next three weeks left of our stay.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank pete7310
Noida, India
Reviewed 25 October 2013

friendly staff along with peaceful surroundings make this one special. you are in the middle of lush green forest on one side and can see the sun setting from your terrace on Karon beach.. We stayed in two bedroom suite and though a part of resort was under repair work, we could hardly notice any noise.

Room Tip: top floor has roof access with private jacuzzi and nice sea view!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ashoksuyal
Kittiya S, Manager at Phunawa Resort, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Mr.Ashok,

Thank you very much for your spent your holiday with us, we are really happy your holiday time increase the value, We hope in future Karon Sovereign All Suite Resort, is the one you will choice for next visite.

Have a pleasant time.

Heng Kh.
Direcotor of Sales.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The location is set off the main road, maybe a 5 minute walk to the nearest 7-eleven. This is a good so you don't get traffic noise. The staff were absolutely fantastic and the restaurant staff were so friendly we ate there every night. The rooms were nice and theres a nice area to relax by the pool. There isn't too much in the way of shopping in Karon and its about 350 baht to get a taxi to Patong. Karon is a much nicer place than Patong, cleaner and the beach is nice, clean and quiet. Karon is a nicer place for couples. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We had booked and pre-paid what we thought was going to be an experience for my families’ first trip to Thailand (Phuket). Upon arrival the hotel transport I had booked was not there & after ringing them they informed me that I had not confirmed my pick up (I had a copy of the confirmation with my travel documents clearly showing where to walk to as I exited the airport to meet their driver & they looked forward to our arrival). Great start! I had paid for a 2 bedroom (Quad) apartment with 1 double & 2 singles. Upon arrival & check in we were directed to our room & upon inspection noted that there were only 2 double beds. Now I don’t think my kids (Young Adults) of 15 & 17, boy & girl are happy with sleeping together at that age. I enquired with the staff & was told that Thai's usually don’t have single beds. Strange! I informed them that it is not really the done thing to have young adults of differing sexes sleeping together even if they are siblings & requested a single bed. They informed me that they could look into that the next day. “What about tonight I’m thinking all to no avail!” The resort has a 4 star rating according to Booking.com & all I can say is don’t believe it. The apartment was supposed to accommodate for adults however the actual furniture in the apartment amounted to a whole 2 ½ seater. Where were the other 2 going to sit. The A/C did not work in the second bedroom & the outside furniture was rotten & one of the chairs actually collapsed when brought inside to try & overcome the lack of furniture as one of us tried to sit on it. Luck no one was hurt. The comfort of the beds………..well the floor had more spring to it! I know that as resorts age certain maintenance is required however in the advertising picture is shows quite a serene setting on the rooftop in the middle of the pool area (Dining area). Not the case. The entire rooftop was under re-works with nothing but hammers, concrete & workers everywhere. Half the pool was closed off for this reason & one could only access the lower side of the pool configuration. We had room service on the first night due to our arrival at approx. 10pm only to be hurried up as they were about to close the kitchen. There was no mini bar so also had to order our drinks through room service. In the end we checked out the next day & I paid for accommodation at another resort that was relaxing & could not do enough for you. All up we enjoyed our stay in beautiful Phuket however I would not recommend anyone to stay at this “Resort” if you are actually expecting 4 star type of service. Definitely leaning more towards 2 or 3 on the outside! We ended up staying at the Karon Sea Sands Resort. Well worth the extra outlay.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank apkp6570
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here for our first three nights in karon- in a two bedroom suite. We were so impressed by the friendly helpful staff and the standard of hotel amenities and service. One pool was having small renovations (we were told before arriving) which we hardly noticed, and they had the courtesy to not do anything noisy until ten which I thought was great. The hotel is less than a ten minute walk to karon beach and the start of the shopping strip which has a lot of little restaurants, some street food, and massage places of course! We ate out every night so can't comment on the restaurant although it looked very nice. Rooms were tidied daily and staff were so inconspicuous, always trying to do our room at a time when we were out. They offered us extra water for our day trips which was great! Room having a kitchenette was really handy for the odd snack or breakfast etc. Enjoyed lovely massages from their on site masseuse. Missing minor luxuries that make it five star but nonetheless this is great clean, comfortable accommodation in a location with plenty of shops nearby. Thank you so much to all the staff at karon sovereign all suites resort- we will definitely recommend you to others!

Extra notes:
Most Thai food along the strip of shops nearby cost about 120baht for classic noodle type dishes. Right at the start of the strip there is a couple of alleys selling it cheaper (60baht), although you don't get the air conditioned restaurant to go with it!
Beach is lovely, chairs and umbrella available to rent for 100baht each
We got the hotel to transfer us from airport for 1300baht.
Tuktuk to big Buddha cost 500baht without bargaining so I'm guessing could be cheaper.
Most of the day trips, diving etc do free transfers from karon so a great location to take advantage of that!
We found it to have all the same things as patong but much cleaner, and less busy (although that would be in part due to visiting in low season!)

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Annie D
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed there for a week and found all staffs are quite friendly. There is a massive renovation work going now. We was not that bothered as we stayed out most of the day time. Had a dinner there once and was not impressed so started eating out.
Breakfast was good with different options.
Poolside sitting arrangement is really inadequate.
Rooms are nice and same goes for house keeping.
If you are planning to stay there, make sure you get your own transportation as it's little far from city centre. Karon beach area is somewhat quite and calm.
Overall it was good as my 3 year kid enjoyed the pool. I would love to go back there some day if I stay near Karon Beach area.

• Stayed August 2013