“overbooking, not very happy, but good stay.”

Princess Seaview Resort & Spa
Ranked #117 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“overbooking, not very happy, but good stay.”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed here in January this year. Really enjoyed my stay but had a rocky start. I booked through booking.com a few months before travel for a pool access room. I was to be spending my first night by myself there as my friend was arriving the next day, however when I arrived at the property for check in at about 10pm, I was told that my room had sustained water damage and they had no other rooms in the whole hotel for me. I was a bit scared as I had never travelled to Thailand before and it was late at night and now I had no where to stay. I insisted that I didnt mind the water damage and would still like to check-in. They said they could not allow it and said they could accomodate me at their sister hotel close to the beach and they would pick me up early in the morning and bring me back to check in. I agreed as I had no where else to stay. Their sister hotel Karon Princess was ok, except they put me in a room right up the back of the hotel, away from anything and pretty much in the dark. Anyway, i stayed here the night and went back to the Princess hotel at about 8am to check in. I was then told by a different reception lady that told me that my room was still occupied by the family that had decided to stay for an extra night. So my room actually didnt have any water damage, they just decided to overbook the room and make double the money. I had to wait until about 11am when the family checked out, then for housekeeping to clean the room. It was 2pm by the time I finally got into the room. I was really annoyed that they had lied to me. Anyway it turned out to be quiet a nice hotel and I loved the direct pool access from the room and the swim up bar. Had a nice stay in the end, but was still annoyed about being ripped off for the room for my first night.

Room Tip: Go for the pool access, its great!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank lilkatlee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is the 3rd hotel we stayed in our trip. we passed by the hotel and the sign was not eye catching. We then get in and discovered it was an new hotel. so we moved to stay.
Mostly non air condition corridor, big and clean,. Helpful staffs, nice rrom abd big, air was very fresh from seaside to hill in the back. a lot of trees in the back, all natural mountain. nice breakfast. small town besides there , we rent a motor bike , safe place. wound be number one choice for young traveller looking for clean and non luxuarious feeling. practical .

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian C
United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed here over Xmas and New Year 2011 and wont be returning!

Upon checking in I was informed that as a single traveller I would be charged 2000 baht (£45) per night if I took anyone back to my room. Not only had I payed the full double room rate at the time of booking, but I was offended by the inference. Not all single male visitors to Thailand are into Thai prostitutes and I felt that I was being tarred with the same brush.

The room itself was modern and spacious and I have no complaints apart from the daily servicing. Generally this didnt occur until around 5pm and almost every day something was missed in terms of towels being replaced, bins not being emptied, mini bar not being restocked etc. This became very wearing in terms of ringing reception to have the job finished. The only english speaking TV channel is a Russian TV station which showed the same programmes/interviews etc repeatedly over a 24hr period.

The pool simply lacked atmosphere and greenery and spent a large part of the day in the shade. It was also extremely quiet with only a handful of people ever being there which just added to the lack of atmosphere.

I have never stayed in a 4* hotel before which doesnt have a bar! Yes there is a small poolside bar open during the day but the staff were unable to speak any english and I had to resort to pointing to the menu to order my drink. This aside, there is no main bar and in my opinion is the reason why this is such a clinical place. There is simply no focal point in the hotel where people have the opportunity to meet and speak to each other. I found this particularly important as I was here as a single traveller. People just seemed to come and go from the hotel but nobody spoke to each other.

Service at breakfast was disappointing. Every day I had to chase the staff for tea or coffee as they would be busy chatting amongst themselves. They would then have to be chased again for the milk to go with it! This became very onerous. The level of food available was ok but nothing special.

Perhaps the final issue was that it took me over 30 minutes to check out and I'm aware that others experienced the same problem. The male receptionist who was dealing with me, rather rudely kept breaking away to answer the phone or deal with other customers, which I became quite frustrated with. Had he not done this I could have checked out in 5 minutes or so. All the reception staff seemed extremely disorganised in general.

A final minor point is that there is the Princess seaview and The Princess Karon within a short distance of each other and this seems to cause confusion with the taxi drivers who often take you to the far more popular Princess Karon. Please just be clear on where you are staying when ordering a taxi.

I ended up doing little more than showering here and returning to sleep. The Hilton opposite is a vastly superior resort and I ended spending all my days, evenings and money there where I met some really great people in the process.

This really wasnt the hotel that I was looking for and wont be back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NorthamptonHarry

Travellers are raving about these Karon hotels

Denmark
Reviewed 17 December 2011

With large clean rooms, where only the shower cabin is quite small and spacious outside floor areas and a rooftop terrace make this hotel fantastic and very good value for money. The staff is very service minded and there is a free shuttle to/from the beach from 8.00 to 17.00. Walking is around half an hour!
The main pool beautiful and is around 60 meters long.
Internet with cable connection is fast and 1 hour is around Bath 120 with logon/logoff facility.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This brand new hotel is lovely to look at and nice clean rooms, however it is quite eery that almost no-one else was there. The pool bar is not manned and at times it felt like I should get a bike and ride around the hallways like in the Shining.
The location is poor, it is atleast 10 minutes away from any shops or bars and this is a major downfall for the hotel for there are places much closer to the beach that you can still get a good nights sleep at without having to walk for ages to get to They also charge 120 baht for 3 hours of internet (minimum amount of time) and all up it is quite costly for the level of service that you get. The restaraunt is also not very good. I would reccomend looking at somewhere else before booking here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Emma H
Dugi Rat, Croatia
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is new resort, not fully funcional yet but it is awesome. The rooms are huge and very clean. The pool is wonderful - very big and clean. They have a bar in the middle of pool with barstools inside, amazing! Bar staff was excellent - they were so friendly, funny and we had best time there. The location is bit of a walk, but we didn't mind. When we didn't want to walk, we had a tuk tuk for 4 of us for only 200 baht to Patong, Karon or Kata. Buffet breakfast is also very good. I was bit dissapointed their spa is not working yet. They also provide free transfer to Karon beach every half hour until 17.00 h. If I go back to Phuket, I would stay in this hotel again.

1 Thank Kreka
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We stay at this hotel for 7 night while visiting thailand, it is clean and the staffs are friendly, but do expect the lack of service as it is too new.

My biggest complain is the lack of free wifi. You have to pay for internet and there's no wifi anywhere besides the lobby area, this is contrary to what they advertise in Agoda when I book the room (Agoda has since updated their site).

Second of which, their fitness center and their spa is still out of service, only 1 of two pools are in used, and coffee corner and pool side bar service is suspended. During our stay, the hotel is very empty, we were the only guess using the swimming pool at times.

The location of the hotel is also a bit remote, there's a 20 minute walk to the nearest shops and maybe a 25 minute walk to the beach. However, the hotel do provide a shuttle to their sister hotel by the beach, from the hour of 8am - 5 pm.

On the upside, they do have a excellent breakfast. They breakfast menu cater to the northern asian travelers, so you'll find items like fried rice, fried noodle, rice congee in additional to the normal eggs, bread and cereal.

Room Tip: We pay extra for a 'sea view' room. While I can't see the sea due to the location of th...