“Clean but far from the Sea !”

Princess Seaview Resort & Spa
Ranked #114 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Kochi (Cochin), India
“Clean but far from the Sea !”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

First time in Phuket ; stayed here for 3 days in May 2013.The Karon beach is a bit far from the hotel.Though the hotel offers free drop and pick up to & from the beach, the timing is not very comfortable.The last pick up vehicle from the beach is at 5 p.m. Food was good though a bit expensive. Breakfast was alright. Restaurant staff was very friendly and polite and offered very good service. But one lady in the reception was weird - totally unfriendly,Rude and Impolite. Inconveniently located, to reach the main streets with stores and restaurants with better quality seafood at more reasonable prices. Reaching Patong & getting back is a pain as it is far & u have to rely on Taxis or Tuk Tuks . The pool is nice and the rooms are very neat and well maintained !!Very quiet place & reasonable room tariffs! The rooms offer only distant views to the sea ,as the sea is a "Kilometre" away !!The views to the surrounding hills from the rooms are pleasant !! But a tiny balcony with no privacy as they face the pool !!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ArunTomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Fredrikstad, Norway
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The hotel and the staff very very good...We have stayed at hotel 5 times in a few year.. Going back already in november and in march NeXT year..The pool very big and Nice and rooms the best.and the view, looking at the see..very very nice..And only 15 minutes going to Karon or Kata...The beachbus very often and Nice People..
We are so looking forward to visit NeXT time..its Our second home...And we will come back again and again, says mom&papa

Room Tip: I think all rooms are good, but we have always been high floor..
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Inger252
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 16 May 2013

This is my 2nd trip to Phuket. I stayed around Patong Beach the first time. This time round, we stayed from 10-12 May.
The positives - Well-maintained, warm water pool. Quiet and peaceful because it is far from the main street and Patong beach. Better than average massage experience
The negatives - Unfriendly staffs. Expensive for average food at the restaurant but we have no choice as we were tired and back to resort late. Inconveniently located, to get to the main streets with stores and markets, and restaurants with better quality seafood at more reasonable prices, you have to take tuk tuk or taxi. The resort also charge a high price for wifi, including paying 120Baht for one-hour wifi. I will not recommend anyone to stay here on your first trip to Phuket, and want to visit the stores and resto the Patong beach area has to offer.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TobyNg

Travellers are raving about these Karon hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at Princess Seaview Resort & Spa, Karon Beach at the beginning of May 2013 and would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

The good parts- the room was clean and they cleaned them well each day. We had ocean and mountain view room/balcony which was a great view. The rooftop pool was nice, big, clean. It was empty every time we went to use it (which was mostly good) and they had a nice spa section (which was good when it was turned on). Terrific views from the pool level.

The bad parts-
However the pool bar was rarely staffed, the pool jets and waterfall was not often on, and there was no atmosphere up there whatsoever. When there were staff in the pool bar they ignored and seemed disinterested in serving you.

Staff at this hotel were very unfriendly and we would even describe some of them as very rude. The hotel caters for Russian tourists (we only heard/saw Russians there) and none of them- staff or other tourists- offer any smiles or friendliness whatsoever. It was a very negative even hostile feeling hotel.

Breakfast was also a real let down, you are rarely greeted by staff when you enter and when I asked for a little bit of milk for my coffee, staff were very rude about it. Also, most of the breakfast food is covered in flies (so you only want to eat the hot stuff in the bain-marie's which is covered). (One day we had booked a tour which left early in the morning and since they had brekkie all set up we asked to grab something quickly to take with us on the tour, but they refused to allow us to do this as the official breakfast time hadn't started. This is technically fair enough on their part but shows how unaccommodating they were towards us).

The bed was extremely hard and the pillows were useless. Both my husband and I had sore backs and necks during our stay at this hotel. Sheets and pillow-cases were clean/fresh but were stained. Water out of the shower smelled a bit off too.

Had to pay for internet use which isn't a big deal but a lot of hotels now offer this for free. They had free wifi.

Overall we wouldn't encourage anyone to book this hotel and even if we was offered free accommodation there- we wouldn't go back.

We also stayed in Patong at- Citrus Heights and Sea Sun Sand Resort & Spa- both really great. We have previously stayed at Karon Sea Sands Resort (back in 2010) which was ok (nice rooms, nice pool and staff were friendly but the plumbing stank).

Room Tip: If you don't get an ocean view, your balcony can be literally looking across at the doors of oth...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Peta C
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Stayed in January 2013, 3 adults, 2 teenagers. We stayed at the hotel with a voucher purchase which was a pretty good deal, however had to pay extra due to the peak season. Fortunately my expectations weren't that high due to some negative reviews. However, turned out to be far worse than expected. Front staff were very unhelpful in regard to everything, rooms, facilities, tours etc. We stayed in ocean view rooms, rooms were ok, the view from the balcony was wonderful. I would give credit to the cleaning staff, the rooms were always cleaned well and they were quite friendly and helpful. The hotel seems to be a resort of choice for Russian charter package tours and the hotel is definately geared towards these guests at the expense of everyone else. I'm not sure why they even bother to market the hotel anywhere else.

The hotel is on the hill behind Karon, but there is a shuttle bus in the day and it isn't a hard walk to the main area, or pay about $10 for a tuk tuk. There is nothing to do at the hotel, the pool is well maintained but the atmosphere is non existant, and the cocktails and food at the pool bar are average to bad.

The restaurant is the lowest point, large open area for about 150 pax, never more than 12 guests, 'even in peak season', we had a complimentary dinner included in our package, we thought we should use it, big mistake, it was a choice of three set menus, our entrees came out quite quickly, but were inedible. Waited over an hour for the mains, which I thought might be a good thing, cooking it fresh etc, they eventually arrived, it was disgusting, worst meal I have ever had in many trips to Thailand. A heated up can of coconut milk with some veges thrown in and no flavours. After this experience one of the kids ended up with food poisining, two doctors visits, two jabs, and three days in bed. I think it was a suspect salad dressing. The hotel staff didn't seem to care when we reported the problem and no approach was made by management to check on how the child was etc. Also, the included breakfast consisted of boiled sausages, stale pastries, greasy noodles. The toast was just ok, and not many choices of fruit. We ended up walking down the road to a bakery and buying fruit from the local friendly store.

The staff in the spa/massage were great and the services they offered were pretty good value. I don't think I would ever stay here again even if it was a freeby. They are many better good value establishments in Phuket, including family run 2 and 3 star hotels and lodgings that offer so much more, don't be fooled like me by the package and voucher deals and stay somehwere else!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tan_Bill42
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel because it appeared new and the price was right. Both correct factors. From there it was downhill!

A) the staff are as rude as can be. No one smiles - EVER!
B) I pre-paid the room, offered a credit card on check in but they didn't want it, I paid cash when I left for the room service I Had and they are chasing me for 'payment' because they have no record of my cash payment. Nice.
C) The hotel is full of Russians. Unless you speak Russian or are from Russia - FORGET IT. They are rude, loud, obnoxious and downright unpleasant to be around. I'm not saying that this is a reflection of all Russians, but definately seemed to be the norm of the ones at this 'hotel'
D) The room is like a dormatory
E) The power shuts off when you take the key out, the AC shuts down. I was informed 2x that it would stay on to keep the room cool when I returned and of course without power there is no AC. The people running the hotel either don't know or don't care about such things.
F) The beds were hard and pillows foam -making for an entirely uncomfortable sleep!

In the end, You GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Crappy location too!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anthony M
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed here in January this year. Really enjoyed my stay but had a rocky start. I booked through booking.com a few months before travel for a pool access room. I was to be spending my first night by myself there as my friend was arriving the next day, however when I arrived at the property for check in at about 10pm, I was told that my room had sustained water damage and they had no other rooms in the whole hotel for me. I was a bit scared as I had never travelled to Thailand before and it was late at night and now I had no where to stay. I insisted that I didnt mind the water damage and would still like to check-in. They said they could not allow it and said they could accomodate me at their sister hotel close to the beach and they would pick me up early in the morning and bring me back to check in. I agreed as I had no where else to stay. Their sister hotel Karon Princess was ok, except they put me in a room right up the back of the hotel, away from anything and pretty much in the dark. Anyway, i stayed here the night and went back to the Princess hotel at about 8am to check in. I was then told by a different reception lady that told me that my room was still occupied by the family that had decided to stay for an extra night. So my room actually didnt have any water damage, they just decided to overbook the room and make double the money. I had to wait until about 11am when the family checked out, then for housekeeping to clean the room. It was 2pm by the time I finally got into the room. I was really annoyed that they had lied to me. Anyway it turned out to be quiet a nice hotel and I loved the direct pool access from the room and the swim up bar. Had a nice stay in the end, but was still annoyed about being ripped off for the room for my first night.

Room Tip: Go for the pool access, its great!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends