“Come here if you like your chicken off”

Green Chilli Restaurant
Ranked #274 of 358 Restaurants in Karon
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Sydney, Australia
“Come here if you like your chicken off”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We came here because it looked decntly clean. After a few bites of the chicken skewers I noticed it smelt and tasted a bit funny. I didn't eat the rest and warned my buddy not to either. Too little, too late. We've spent the last 24hrs battling food poisoning. Thanks for ruining our trip green chili

2 Thank MattHHH

Yeppoon, Queensland, Australia
“great service”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

we went here for tea on the the first night then twice again during our stay ... after reading other reviews unsure of what to expect.. well i can say it was the best service we had on our holiday being next door to the Ramada so handy as well... we had thai green curry ,pizza, a stir fry and of course chicken skewers with peanut sauce .... across from the beach, so it was cooler than other resturants as well. the staff were happy smiling joking with us gave us all the time we needed to become familiar with the area ..the meals were super fast after ordering, drinks were made straight away would recommend to anyone the place was full each night... visited 14/10/2013 and two other occasions......

• Visited October 2013
Kabul, Kabol, Afghanistan
“Old spaghetti”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Worse thai food I have ever had, couldn't eat it. How do you mess up pad thai? The noodles were old spaghetti looking noodles, I felt like it was left over, from last mont, not fresh made. It's low season, not like they're too busy to cook. With prawns, 3 cold prawns thrown on top, scarey, tried one, that was it.....old noodles and old shrimp not a good combo. The staff didn't care it was not edible....acted like it was my 1st time here, no, it isn't....I paid even tho I only ate maybe 3-4 bites to make sure I was correct, that it was totally nasty. Don't go here, many better choices, I thought I'd give it a try....just hope I don't spend the evening throwing up or with mad diarrhea......

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jane D
Canberra, Australia
“Need a zoologist to identify the food!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We went in a group with friends who had been there a year or so ago and loved it then. The two good things I can say about it are, it's opposite the beach, so it's quite a nice setting, and the Chang beer tower we ordered was the cheapest we found in Phuket this year.

I ordered red duck curry. It had what looked a bit like duck skin attached somehow to what looked otherwise to be slices of ham hock meat. The one piece I tentatively ate also was a different texture to duck. I called it, ham duck, but I'd need a professional to actually identify it.

No one in our group was happy with their meal, and we basically left it all untouched. The staff seemed miserable and angry, a Russian woman appeared to be in charge.

Don't go there unless you're looking for a science experiment and are prepared to risk food poisoning

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank rachaelOz
“A wasted meal time that could have been used on somewhere better.”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

This restaurant had a few people in it as we walked by so we stopped and went in...we should have kept walking.
The service was strained, the poor woman serving us could not understand us and vice versa.
The food, horrid. Worst Thai food we experienced; my partner commented that my Thai cooking put them to shame and I cook Thai from the jar!! We shared a Pad Thai that had barely any noodles and was disgustingly saucy - yuck. It was not impressive, we are it because we were hungry!
Oh, and the music is like a cat on the back fence; BAD - it's covers of the Bee Gees by some old Thai cowboy, bad bad bad - however provided a laugh or two!
If you pass this place keep on walking!!

• Visited August 2013