“Good Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My wife and I and another couple visited the Green Chilli for dinner on Sun 9 March. The restaurant was recommended by the other couples daughter who had eaten there several times in the past. Prior to going I read several of the TA reviews which for the most part were very negative about all facets of this restaurant's performance. Despite these reviews we went on the strength of the recommendation hoping for a decent experience.
I am happy to report that all four of us found the place clean, friendly and busy and provided us with a most satisfying dinner experience. Service was prompt and pleasant provided by a waiter who had a modest command of English. Drink and starter orders were taken quickly and returned in good time. We all had a starter of crumb coated deep fried prawns with a very tasty mild dipping sauce. The two orders consisted of 16 good sized prawns with a fresh crisp deep fried coating cooked perfectly. The mains consisted of Penang curried chicken, sweet and sour beef and vegetable fried rice. The wait time for the dishes on this busy evening was no more than 20 minutes and to our delight was prepared as ordered (no hot spices).Both dishes had plenty of meat and vegetables with excellent accompanying sauces. Desert for two was ice cream scoops in a sunday glass with whipped cream and cherry. Delicious.
The restaurant does add on a 10 percent service charge that one must be mindful of. The meals in general are a bit pricier than one can get on the beach but consistent with the nearby sidewalk eateries. The one rum and coke and two draft beers with the meal my wife and I had along with the service charge cost me 850 THB.
This is a restaurant that has definitely overcome most of the neg reviews of 2013 and is worth at least one visit.

1  Thank MrTim97
There are newer reviews for Green Chilli Restaurant

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Went in for lunch. The pork in my curry was grey and tasteless and chips served with another meal were a pile of greasy crunchy bits. Staff were too busy looking at phones to be bothered with anything as inconvenient as customers. Not good at all but hey, at least it was cheap!

2  Thank Hairyscot1314
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We came here because it looked decntly clean. After a few bites of the chicken skewers I noticed it smelt and tasted a bit funny. I didn't eat the rest and warned my buddy not to either. Too little, too late. We've spent the last 24hrs battling food poisoning. Thanks for ruining our trip green chili

2  Thank MattHHH
Reviewed 23 October 2013

we went here for tea on the the first night then twice again during our stay ... after reading other reviews unsure of what to expect.. well i can say it was the best service we had on our holiday being next door to the Ramada so handy as well... we had thai green curry ,pizza, a stir fry and of course chicken skewers with peanut sauce .... across from the beach, so it was cooler than other resturants as well. the staff were happy smiling joking with us gave us all the time we needed to become familiar with the area ..the meals were super fast after ordering, drinks were made straight away would recommend to anyone the place was full each night... visited 14/10/2013 and two other occasions......

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Worse thai food I have ever had, couldn't eat it. How do you mess up pad thai? The noodles were old spaghetti looking noodles, I felt like it was left over, from last mont, not fresh made. It's low season, not like they're too busy to cook. With prawns, 3 cold prawns thrown on top, scarey, tried one, that was it.....old noodles and old shrimp not a good combo. The staff didn't care it was not edible....acted like it was my 1st time here, no, it isn't....I paid even tho I only ate maybe 3-4 bites to make sure I was correct, that it was totally nasty. Don't go here, many better choices, I thought I'd give it a try....just hope I don't spend the evening throwing up or with mad diarrhea......

1  Thank Janedoe911