Best Western Phuket Ocean Resort
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$326
US$319
Agoda.com
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$193
US$125
Trip.com
  • Pool
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$302
US$274
Agoda.com
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$64
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$48
Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$143
  • Breakfast included
Pacific Club Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$88
Andaman Seaview Hotel(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$83
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskaron beachstairs to climbfourth floorair conshort walk to the beachmini martgames roombreakfast buffethotel restaurantstayed here for nightsfew minutes walkcleaned dailyfantastic staysea viewtuk tukbars and restaurantspool bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We got a room on top floor with a spacious balcony and amazing sea view. Swimming pool was very nice as well as buffet breakfast. Definitely worth the money (we stayed during off season). Front desk staff could be more fluent in English though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SlavkaO O
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I rate this as "very good"; despite the awkward design of the hotel, it is very cheap for the good room quality and other amenities.

When I say awkward, you'd think of most hotels as more of less a series of floors straight up like a normal building. Think of this hotel as being on more of a slant, where you have to climb many stairs and it isn't very handicap accessible (If that's something you need). However, the ocean view from many of the rooms is great, especially with the orange hues of sunrise and sunset.

The check-in process for the hotel is simple. The first room we were given had a maintenance issue with the showerhead, so they moved us to another room. The organization of the rooms felt awkward due to the design of the hotel, so make sure you orient yourself when you're first escorted to your room. The room is clean and comfy, the bathroom (well, the one in the second room...) was decent and reasonably well-stocked with amenities. The ocean view looking past Karon beach is very good. This area, being more of a family-oriented beach, doesn't have much of a nightlife, if you're looking for that. Also beware of the overcharging tuktuk stand in front of the hotel...make sure you're up to speed on your haggling skills. Oh, and the wireless is relatively decent here.

I will have to give a special thumbs-up for the breakfast. Although there is a minor issue with houseflies if you sit too close to the view, the breakfast is incredibly well stocked with all kinds of food. I was particularly impressed and I wished I took pictures of the breakfast area, which is also tastefully decorated.

I'll definitely stay here again if I'm coming to Phuket. The price point is cheap; despite my minor gripes, it's solid compared to what you receive in return.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view...not a "partial" ocean view. You'll know what I mean when you get there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TheJawsman
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I went here in September and found myself in Thailand during their rainy season. Despite the not ideal conditions, the hotel was very accomodating. The restaurant had a really nice selection, the pools were always open, and the front desk people were very helpful on setting up day tours and suggestions on things to do. The view from my room was spectacular, and I was only a short walk from Karon beach. I would definitely come back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Definitely make sure you get a room facing straight onto the beach. The ones from the side don't seem to have as good of a view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here in May 2014 and we really enjoyed it. When we first got there they put us on the fourth floor which was not good for me as i had a sore leg by the time we got to the fourth floor I was exhaused and told the porter who said to let reception know in the morning and they would change our room. Next morning we were shifted to near the restuarant was. Very nice room comfy bed (which is amazing for Thailand) and the rooms were made up every morning. The breakfast was just lovely good variety and friendly staff. Would I go there again yes.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Blossompeel
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I went to the resort by myself. It's a ideal place to escape. 3 pools open 24hrs, clean and beautiful, nice staff greeting you all the time. although the resort is not by the beach, but you can still have a good view of the ocean in the balcony if you stay at higher floors. breakfast is really good with a lot of choices, but the quality is not that good. But, worth the money. I stayed in room 3111, which is really noisy,so be sure to tell the front desk if you want a quiet room. BTW if you want a taxi from the hotel you should book early.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo