Enjoyed a marvelous 4 day stay at Le Meridien Phuket last week (Dec 2013). It is a huge resort
Pool - The pool, or rather pools are a prime feature of the resort, and cater to everyone. There is a rectangular pool for serious swimmers, small circular one for kids, a part for general relaxation, deeper areas where diving classes are held (The resort offers free 2hr diving lessons for beginners). All the restaurants (4) have poolside dining.
Beach - Private beach. Fine sand. Blue waters. Shallow beach for long - Perfect for swimming and enjoying. Resort offers canoes, hobie cats.
Service - Service is good. People are friendly - room service and at restaurants. Upgrades, free wifi was offered, me being an SPG gold member.
Location - A bit far from Patong. Ride to the main area is 200Baht each way.
Restaurants - Good food, prices a bit high. Bar and beach bbq restaurants the best. Breakfast buffet good. Can do with more options in food.
Grounds - Huge - 4 tennis courts, archery arena, outdoor chess, and a lot of things we couldnt even explore
To sum up - excellent beach, lots of activities go on throughout the day, good for both families and couples, though people wanting privacy might want to stay away during the high season (Dec)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is located on a lush cove on Phuket’s southwestern coast with a secluded 500-metre pristine white-sand beach. One of very few hotels on Phuket where guests can enjoy a tranquil secluded beach right next to the hotel without the need to cross a street or walk some distance. Le Meridien Phuket Beach offers 470 renovated rooms and suites. Enjoy a complete range of sports and recreational facilities with two oversized tropical swimming pools, shaded kids pool, lap pool, 6 tennis courts, 2 air-conditioned squash courts, 9-hole mini-golf, basketball court, and a dedicated on-site LM Family Kids Club (04-12 yrs) offering fun, creative, and educational programmes. All non-motorised watersports at the Resort are free for guests. Le Spa, awarded 'Amazing Resort Spa' at the 2013 Thailand Spa and Well-Being Awards, offers pampering treatments and luxurious programmes designed to rejuvinate and refresh the senses.There are 10 restaurants and bars offering the world's more popular cuisines. Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort is only 5kms away from Patong and Karon, Phuket's main entertainment and shopping districts and is a 90-minute drive from Phuket International Airport and 5 kms from the shopping and entertainment district of Patong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel Karon
- Le Meridien Karon
- Meridien Phuket Beach Hotel
- Phuket Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Phuket
- Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort Karon