“good but good enough”

Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Karon
New Delhi, India
“good but good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

we booked 5 rooms for 4 nights. one person is handicapped and needs assistance.
in this hotel its a long walk from the lobby to the rooms, with lots of steps. upon check in we enquired for a wheelchair and were told "no have" and for 2 days my friend had to take the long walk each time we went out. on 3rd day a staff member offered us a wheelchair and we happily
accepted it. today we went out in the morning and came back at 2.45pm and the room was still not done. took 2 calls and 30min for the service.
rooms are nice and breakfast is also good. the pool is too huge and has no shade or ambience. all around ok more like a 3/4 star, definitely not a 5 star.
regards, gopal kacker

Room Tip: nearer to the lobby is better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear '538kacker'

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to learn that you did not have a completely favourable impression of the resort and would like to extend our sincere regret over the unavailability of wheel chair at the time. I have asked our Front Office team to look into this especially since I was told that we have received new wheel chairs in July. We would also look at purchasing more if it was indeed the case that we do not have enough. Meanwhile, we do hope you enjoyed other aspects of your stay and would certainly look forward to providing you with a far better experience next time. We thanks you for staying with us and we wish you pleasant journeys.

Kind regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have just come home after a wonderful two weeks at the Phuket Le Meridien. The Service, Meals, spotless beach and wonderful pool are of the best we have ever had the pleasure of experiencing on holiday. We will be back.

Room Tip: A sea view room is beautiful
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 'Erika-Paul11'

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you once again enjoyed your time with us. It was certainly our pleasure to have you and we thank you for providing us with the opportunity whenever you are on Phuket. We certainly appreciate your kind appraisal and we hope to welcome you back to Le Meridien Phuket again soon.

Kempton Park, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Beautiful hotel with a private beach, so it is not crowded. The welcome was warm and friendly. Lots of activities and different restaurants. The little elephant was gorgeous! Lots of activities. Loved to do the fruit carving. Was upgraded on our return trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eeyore707
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear 'Eeyore714'

Many thanks for your review. we're delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. We certainly appreciate your kind appraisal and we all look forward to having you again at Le Meridien Phuket.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at the Le Meridien for 10 days in July 2014 and selected the hotel after doing much research on a suitable hotel for our family. We have a toddler and wanted somewhere that would cater for all of us that was still close enough to Patong and Karon if we wanted to go out and explore Phuket. We chose the hotel as we have had good experiences with Le Meridien's and Westin's in the past and always felt that they cater well for families, and the Le Meridien Phuket really lived up to that too!

The hotel is old, but the rooms have been recently renovated and the grounds and facilities are maintained well and very clean! The private beach is really beautiful and made it easy to go and play on the beach each morning plus the daily elephant visit is such a great attraction for everyone! We had booked a a deluxe pool view room and they put us on the side near the kids pool as they told us that they try to put the families on the side of the hotel where the Penguin Club and kids pool is which worked well for us! The room was modern, a little small when you add the extra bed, but was fine (just a shame that there wasn't a bath!) The housekeeping staff were great and serviced the room well. The only negative from our stay was that the room had little ants/bugs similar to book lice on most surfaces. We mentioned this to the reception and they told us this was normal for Thailand...

Our daughter loved the Penguin Club (and I think most of the kids in the resort did). It had a good selection of toys and regular activities that catered to a range of age groups plus outdoor equipment too. The ladies who work in the Penguin Club (Kob and Pearl) are just wonderful they know all the children's names and sit and interact with the children even when there are no activities (which I didn't see at another resort we stayed at earlier in our trip). On wet days they managed to keep everyone occupied all day - they really do an amazing job!

As we had a toddler it was easier for us to eat in the hotel most nights something which normally wouldn't have been our style, but as she goes to sleep early and the food was generally good. The kids menu has a wide selection and more than just burger and nuggets which was refreshing. The SPG discount also makes it more attractive to dine at the resort.

Overall we loved our stay as for a family it really caters well and we would definitely recommend it and hope to visit again.

Thank you Le Meridien Phuket for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AussieinDXB
Dear 'AussieinDXB'

Thank you for including us in your family's holiday and we certainly appreciate your review. We're delighted to know that your experience met your expectations from previous stays at Le Meridien and Westin hotels. It was certainly our pleasure to have you and we all look forward to having you and your family at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was at the Le Meridien between 4-9 Aug, in part attending a conference and extended my stay for the latter three days. There wasn't anything to fault really and in fact, my family loves it (they joined me for the extension)! The room was clean and spacious, quiet but not too secluded, the staff always had a lovely smile and that's such a joy to see! The beach was awesome, we saw Elly the Elephant twice and the guests were so enamored! We love the pool though I must say more kiddy pools would be welcome.

As for the drive to the airport, it took us about an hour. Phuket town was about 30-40min drive away and Patong about 5min. Big Buddha was about 45min drive.. All in all, relatively easy self drive (that's what we did!)!

If there is something that would be a good to have, it would be the breakfast spread.... It was the same for the five breakfasts I had....

Over all, well done and we will be back soon!

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room if available; seeing that as you wake sets the right tone for the day!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear 'dst2926'

Thank you for your review. It's great to know that you were able to enjoy your stay - both for business and for quality time with the family. Thank you for highlighting the resort's location - secluded beach and convenient proximity to Patong and other sight-seeing destinations. I have shared your comment on the breakfast variety with our culinary team. We're happy to know that you are already considering to stay with us again. We certainly look forward to your return and we wish you and your family pleasant journeys.

Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I'm new to the "resort scene", but this was a fantastic holiday.

The good points:
1. The elephant. I LOVED meeting this sweet animal every day by the pool. The elephant is obviously well cared for, compared to the elephants you see on chains in Patong. It was a no-guilt encounter, and it happened EVERY DAY! I LOVED being kissed and interacting with valentine.
2. The "SPG membership"... 25% off of dinner, etc all around the resort. The prices were reasonable without the discount. I'm looking forward to using this in other SPG resorts all over the world.
3. The themed dinners. I'm not a huge fan of buffet style dinner, and a vegetarian to boot, so eating can be quite difficult for me. The staff always took extra care to make sure I was more than satisfied (even making me a few veggie burgers on "american night" because there wasn't a vegetarian option) When I got sick (from food outside of the resort) 3 waiters remembered (not because I made a big fuss, but because I wasn't eating much and they asked if I was ok) and asked me how I was feeling for the next 2 days. I felt really cared for...lame, but when you are busy, and working constantly in your every day life, and everyone wants you to GO GO GO, that kind of extra care really meant something to me. At the buffet at night, there was a performance company that came and put on a show while we ate and drank. The band that opened for the dancers (and closed for them) was so nice to my daughter (who loves to dance) and they invited her twice to dance on stage with them. After that there were dancers...I think more than them being really "skilled" they were good at having a good time with the audience. I appreciated the fact that they didn't look like they were working, and would consider going back to this particular hotel just for the evening dinner performances and relaxed eating/drinking atmosphere. It's rare that I can spend 3-4 hours just eating and drinking and enjoying the company of my family...but we did! every night for a week!

4. the beach. I had read previous reviews about "sea lice" but we didn't have any bad experience except 1 jelly fish, but it IS the ocean, and they can't control anything about that. The lifeguards were all really amazing and when I went out and chatted with them (when there were no other swimmers) they took time and gave me a lesson about "the surf" and how to "read the waves" to know when it is dangerous to swim, and when it is safe. I am from Illinois, so it was really valuable to learn these things. I could walk along the beach whenever I liked, explore the rocks (where lots of little animals were hiding, like crabs, tiny fish, etc) and early in the morning and late at night when you walk, the sand was covered in little white crabs that came out to do what crabs do. I loved watching them!

5. The staff in general were very awesome, and any little complaint I had was taken very seriously. The second to last night I was there I met some people who thought it was great to go out and stomp the crabs on the beach. I mentioned it to a waiter and they had security out there within literally 45 seconds of my complaint. Communication was good and they were VERY detailed. They even remembered my daughter's name.

6. The penguin club. My daughter did not want to leave. Caring for other people's bratty kids is hard, hard work. They did it with a smile on their face.

7. Prices. This resort was incredibly luxurious, but very reasonably priced (both room and food)

As with most things in life, with good, there are also a few bad things... Although this was on the whole, a marvelous experience, there were one or two things I would change:
1. Taxi drivers were a bit....well... I think part of this is because thailand driving style is a bit different than I'm used to, but I became a bit ill in the back of the taxis at least twice. I never vomited, but it was close a few times, and my daughter became ill twice (vomiting). Again, this isn't the hotels fault.
2. The little white bugs. I loathe to mention this...because once they were cleaned and the room was sprayed, they didn't come back but when we arrived, the flat surfaces in the room had little trails of white insects...they seemed to like moisture and fresh flowers. Thailand is a tropical place, so I think it's difficult to control said insects.

This hotel was on the whole, a wonderful experience, and I would go back in a second, and definitely will choose other SPG properties when I go to other countries! Thank you for the wonderful respite!

Room Tip: I just got the cheapest one, and the bed was gorgeous, sheets were pristine etc. I felt safest on t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sassiecassie7
Dear 'sassiecassie7'

Many thanks for your detailed review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us and that we exceeded your expectations. I know our associates do their utmost to cater to each guest and provide pleasant experiences. Many thanks for your encouraging words. We look forward to the pleasure of having you again at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort.

Rasht, Iran
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

my wife and I stayed in this beautiful beach hotel for a week. staff were good and very polite. hotel has a nice private beach,although the beach activities and funs were poor.hotel is in a great private area near patong which you can go there by taxi in about 5 min. not very far from phuket town and phuket airport. and very delicious meals and drinks at the hotel !

Room Tip: choose sea view rooms at higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hamid Reza K
Almario, Director of Online & Marketing Communications at Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear 'Hamid Reza K'

Many thanks for the review. We are pleased to learn that you and your wife had an enjoyable stay and hope you'll stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Phuket. Many thanks for highlighting the resort's convenient location and the secluded beach next to the hotel.

Kind regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,180 reviews
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort
JW Marriott Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort? Share your experiences!