1,280 results
All reviewsthe cliffpool villamini cartuk tukkaron beachocean facing villabay view restaurantour honeymoonsister hotelandaman sealower poolceiling fanfree shuttletaxi serviceaway from the hustle and bustlesteep hillwelcome drink
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just returned from a five night stay as part of an 18 day tour. Our first impression of our Ocean View Villa was disappointing. Whilst the grounds are very lush, beautiful pool area and views from the cliff location, we felt the size, standard and fixtures and fittings were not of a sufficiently good quality. However, we did enjoy our stay, whilst you have to be fit to stay here as the steepness of its location and the number of steps, requires some effort to get around the resort. Our biggest issue with the hotel was the cost of the drinks and food. It is cheap to eat in Thailand, if you do not get sucked in to the tourist traps. This hotel charges excessive prices and as a result we chose not to eat or drink here if possible.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

We appreciate your feedback and take on board all your comments constructively.
I am sorry we did not deliver per your expectations.
Your feedback will be shared with the team and issues addressed accordingly.

Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed 2 night on may 2013. This is my first time for me trying centara hotels chain and find it very good indeed. What I love most of this villa is the location is just right on the hill steep with vast views of the ocean. With absence of their own beach doesn't make this villa less exciting, in fact we can take a short walk in the jungle to karon beach where the sister hotel centara grand located is. It was a perfect hotel for us since we have our own transport. But for others who come by plane might have difficulties because this hotel quit far from patong and karon itself. There's no shop and restaurant within walking distance except hotel restaurant. Check in was fast with no hassle. But free wifi provided at lobby hotel only. Which is I think abit let down for a 4 star hotel. Our superior villa was great. The ocean view was splendid, bed extremly great and evem the bathroom. I like the bathroom concept even thought missing of bath tub. The surroundings was great with lots of green. It has 2 pools and both are simply great with the main pool have fountain sit juat beside the ocean. Breakfast was good with lots of variety. The only bad thing about this villa is the steep, but mostly will affect elders and people with walking disabilitiy because u have to take stairs to everywhere in the villas. Other than that was just perfect. It was a great stay and I will definitely stay at centara villas again.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Centaravillasphuket, Manager at Centara Villas Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed here in October '13 for my honeymoon and this resort was amazing! They didn't have the villa available for my entire stay but I was lucky enough to book it for 4 nights. The location of the resort is what made me choose this location. The resort sits on top of a hill overlooking the ocean. Nothing beats waking up to a beautiful sunrise from the convenience of my room. The restaurant and in room dining was just as good as food you would get from the restaurants in town.

The other reason I gave this resort the full 5 stars is because of one particular individual named "Noom" or "Num." He has multiple jobs in the resort so I saw him a lot during our stay. I asked him one day where I can go find fried crickets. He told me of a local market in karon but they didn't have it that day I went in. I let him know that I couldn't find it. He then goes on a 3 hour search during his break to go around the city to find me some! When he showed up at my front door with a bag full of fried crickets, I was in awe with the kind of service and dedication that he went through to make sure my stay here was perfect.

Okay, back to the resort. They have two different restaurants, one is open during breakfast and dinner only and the other is only open during lunch. Both restaurants had amazing food. The one open during lunch overlooks two pools and both pools overlook the ocean. This resort has by far the best view on the island in my opinion.

Overall, I'm glad I chose this resort for my honeymoon because if I went anywhere else, I'm sure I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as Centara Villas Phuket. THANKS CVP!

Oh and if you're reading this Ross (front desk manager), please tell Noom that we miss him and we still have the watch he bought us!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thanks for your positive rating and kind comments.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Safe Travels
from the Centara Villas Team!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Stayed at the Centara Villas after a few days in Bangkok as we knew the down time would be much needed. We had a pool villa (which I think is a must) and spent much of our days just sitting by or swimming in our own pool. Having the evening cocktails and canapes was a nice touch. Everything is incredibly affordable, including room service. Food was great, staff were INCREDIBLY friendly. Loved this hotel. The only downside was that there seemed be a mouse that kept getting into our bathroom and it was difficult to translate what the problem was to the staff. Slight disappointment in the overall experience but we did have the very last villa on the bottom row, so were very secluded and apart from everyone else. Views were breathtaking, quick walk to the beach. Relaxation at its best.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Slavik84

Reviewed 7 February 2014

We loved our stay! The villa was very private, we never heard other guests at any time and woke to a beautiful view from the veranda each morning. Comfortably furnished bedroom with large bathroom and walk-in shower. Breakfast taken on the hotel terrace was always a relaxing start to the day and we were well looked after by Pok the F&B manager who is a real asset to the hotel. Likewise, in the evenings we'd join other guests for happy hour to enjoy a cocktail and watch the sun go down followed by dinner on the terrace with that fabulous view, or venture into Karon to eat at one of the many restaurants. The position of the hotel suited us as we liked being on the hill and away from the noise of Karon but may not suit everyone - 200TB cab ride and you were in the centre. Both pools were lovely however, we did experience noise from building work to the pool cabin on a couple of occasions - in fact the manager visited the pool and we did mention to her that the timing of the work could have been carried out in a different period ie: not high season! The work did inconvenience guests as all sunbeds were empty. We visited the beach, a 5 minute walk through a tropical garden path. Finally, a mention for the spa run by Nang where we had the couples massage - brilliant! We'd recommend the hotel to all ages but especially adults, it's romantic and peaceful - just what you want from a holiday. We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple