“Like being part of the Family”

Ranked #31 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I just completed a 7 week stay at the Hilton Arcadia. This is my tenth stay at this amazingly beautiful and Paradise like Resort and without doubt - my best ever.

The 75 Acre Hotel is strategically located on Karon beach. A 200 Baht Tuk Tuk ride or a pleasant 10 - 15 minute walk can take you the length of Karon Beach or get you to Kata Beach. The Resort is so huge with so many amenities that on many days there is really no need to leave it.

I stayed in a top floor corner King Bed room in the Andaman B Wing where I was afforded privacy and spectacular views of the beautiful Andaman Sea. The room is modern and clean with a bed and pillows to die for. Made for the most quiet and relaxing sleeps throughout my stay.

The service and friendliness that I receive from all the Staff at the Arcadia led by Mr. Gomez and Mr. Ito in my opinion is second to none in the World. Not only was I always treated with respect and kindness throughout my stay but also was always greeted with a genuine smile and a helpful and open attitude.

Nonie, Sunisa, Aon and Eva are the professional, helpful, articulate and knowledgeable personnel at the Front Desk who expedited with great efficiency and patience all my requests and requirements. Even though the Hotel was very busy they all made the time to make me feel that I was a valued Guest.

All the Housekeeping ladies are incredibly efficient and take pride in their jobs. Cham Poo took care of me for the most part and without a doubt she significantly enhanced my stay with her big smile, great sense of humor and warm heart.

The staff at the Fitness Centre were always friendly, helpful and worked diligently to ensure that I was well taken care of during my daily exercise routines.

The Personnel at the Garden Pool always had my favorite chair available for me and greeted me daily with smiles, water, towels and fruit slices. What a great place to read a good book, enjoy the magnificent weather and work on your Tan..

Mam, Petch, Mammy and Ploy are the lovely ladies in the Panorama Lounge who served breakfast and hosted Happy Hour every evening. They all made such a big difference to the overall enjoyment of my long term stay. They work well and with quiet professionalism as a Team under Mr. Mee's leadership. I never had to order anything because the ladies always knew what I wanted and I was consistently served with incredible efficiency and always accompanied by those ubiquitous smiles and keen senses of humor.

Happy Hour at the Panorama Lounge is such a civilized way to end the day watching the incredible sunsets while enjoying a glass of red wine, snacks and great conversation with friends and family.

As my tag line states - all at the Arcadia make me feel as if I am part of the Family and that is incredibly important to me since I travel on my own and am there for such a long period of time.

I would highly recommend the Arcadia for any reason and length of stay. I have booked a 60 day stay there for 2015 and am already counting the moments until I return to Phuket and the Arcadia. See you next year.

Room Tip: King Bed Sea Rooms are most desirable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank YellowVette2007
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

It is our pleasure to know that you had a wonderful holiday with us on your recent stay and you plan returning to us again. We are happy to know that our resort offerings and service of our team members made you feel as being at home. I have passed your special compliments to our team members you mentioned and entire resort team as a great motivation to keep delivering good service.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to warm welcoming you back to the resort in next year.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I am retired already 7 years and every year I want to stay in Thailand for at least 1 month. We made a reservation at Hilton Arcadia for 1 month. We had a nice room and it was very clean, no problem. Also the breakfast is very nice and the waiters are very helpful. The ladies working in the lobby are also helpful and friendly. I have only 2 remarks. First is the reservated chairs at the swimming pool. There are some people who place a towel on a chair at 07.00 a.m. and are going shopping. After hours they come back to sit in their chair. Second and for us worst is the very loud and bad music until 24.00 hours. We asked a quiet room, whre we can sleep early as we want to. This is impossible because in the lobby are 2 ladies screeming the whole evening. It is terrible to listen to them, because it is nothing to di with singing. So you have to be wake up until 24.00 hours, just because of that bad noice. If you rent a motorbike for 150 Baht per day, you can drive around the Island and you will have an experience you never had before. There are beautiful places where you can eat very nice food and the prices are very cheap. A bottle of beer is more expensive than the food you get. For us it was the 16th time we spend holiday in Phuket. Enjoy your stay in AMAZING THAILAND!

Room Tip: For us it was only important to have a quiet room. We do not care about seeview.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank henkie h

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you and your wife enjoyed the overall stay with us. We appreciate your valuable comments on our resort, especially the helpful service of our team.

However, it is disappointed to know that you had negative experiences with the performance at the Andaman Lounge. We have shared your feedback with the respective management team to fine tune their performance.

Speaking of reserving chairs at pools, please be advised that we have been taking actions to be fair to the other guests.

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to delighting you again on your next visit to Phuket.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Accommodation : We were given junior garden suite in the Lotus wing. It had its own private balcony facing one of the swimming pools. It tended to get busy and a little noisy during the day due to the children, but also as there is direct line of sight to the main building with a lobby bar, there were a number of loud and "out of tune" music from the lobby bar. Although it was a little loud, especially on the weekends, it's all in good fun and very festive. The room is a bit dated as the resort is celebrating its 10th year anniversary; however, the staff take very good care of the resort and it's rooms

Location : Conveniently located on Karon beach in Phuket. Although there is a road separating the beach from the hotel, accessing the beach is straightforward. There is even an attendant who stops traffic and assists you in crossing the street, which is rarely busy. By car or tuk tuk, this hotel is about 15 mins away from Patong and about 1 and a half hours away from the airport. The resort is huge and is neatly isolated from the main Karon centre. The internal tram will take you to the main entrance from which you can visit the town. However, if you are just going here to relax you may not need to even go outside the resort.

Staff : Always friendly and helpful with any request and always saying hello. They were welcoming from the start of the 4 day holiday to its end.

Food : Nothing too special, but given the number of guests they receive, it was not too bad. There are two primary locations to get breakfast - the Sails and Buon appetito. Although the name of the latter suggests an Italian breakfast, the breakfast in both locations is the same. If you are in an Executive room, I suggest having breakfast at the Panorama lounge. Although it has less choices, it is never full and has a very nice view of the sea. Also, strongly recommend the happy hour from 17:00-18:30 at the same lounge. It is a great place to see the sunset with a drink and some nibbles.

Overall : Although the resort is showing its age, the staff are wonderful and it is a great place to stay for a long weekend away,

Tip: get a taxi from the airport, which will cost you 900 THB as opposed to the hotel taxi at 1400 THB.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dr_Miami
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your valuable comments, both positive and negative. We well noted your comments to seek ways to refine our service and facilities.

Your compliment to the service of our team members is truly appreciated. We of course share your feedback with the team for their motivation

Please be informed that we don’t have any Executive rooms or Executive floors in the resort. Additionally our Panorama Lounge is only for our HHonors Diamond members, Gold members who stay in Jr. Suite room or above category and guests who stay in Suite room as the limited capacity.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We hope to have opportunities to welcome you back to our resort on your next visit to Phuket.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The resort is sweepingly beautiful and huge! However, it's a bit isolated. Escaping the resort to Karon town required you to hit up the Taxi Mafia station located outside the resort gate on the beach side OR try your luck at randomly getting a songthaew/taxi bus thing rolling by on the main roadside.

Lovely pool/s and just across a road from Karon beach. We visited in late September and there were heaps of "No Swimming" signs due to strong currents and undertows. Strong waves...but played around in the water waist deep anyway. The entire beach was almost empty as it seemed to be the off season.

Pros:
Sweeping resort
Lots of pools/restaurants
Good wifi in the rooms

Cons:
Huge groups Chinese tourists were always arriving and departing and causing chaos in the restaurants.
A bit too far away from Karon town (unless your looking for isolation)

Would I stay again?
Hmm, probably not simply because it was a bit too far away to walk and get to things (and I didn't want to deal with the Taxi Mafia each time).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank seth009

Dear Guest,

Speaking of the location of our resort, it is disappointed to know that you did not like the location. We are located on the Karon beach road and 15mins walk to either Karon or Kata which many restaurants, bars and shops are located. To the beach, it will take only few meters from our beach entrance. It is really nice walk to Karon or Kata, especially in the early evening with beautiful sunset.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very nice hotel, but we did have to upgrade to a deluxe suite, the first room they gave us was very small and dark, overlooking a large tree which, blocked any view. The suite was very big with lots of light over looking the sea. The staff at reception were very helpful and friendly. Only a 5 minute walk to the beach. The prices at the hotel are very high, a small bottle of water would cost £1.80 the shop along the road cost is 80p. Would recommend this hotel and would go back.

Room Tip: upgrade to a deluxe if possible
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Guest,

We are disappointed to know that some aspects of your stay fell below your expectations. However, we are glad to know our reception team member’s helpful & friendly manner made you change your negative image of our resort.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I will strongly recommend this place, Hilton Arcadia, whoever visits Phuket. Beautiful scenery and nature friendly location will make everyone feel comfortable. Birds chirps may be a little noise for you in the morning, but please try to feel like it as you are a part of nature.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Guest,

As you gave us comments directly through our brand channel, we have already replied you separately.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

As a hilton honors member, we found the hotel to be most comfortable, had a very nice sea view, and we enjoyed our vacation break. Would recommend this resort.
Have to refer to the following points, 1) I found your check in staff not as you would expect from a HIlton hotel, it took some 45 minutes to complete, only the, after the guest relations manager stepped in. 2) at a Hilton resort, I would expect your standards not to allow guests to put towels to reserve sun loungers, as early as 6.30 a.m , devalues the Hilton image. 3) on check out, at 05.45 am, again the process took over 30 minutes, only to experience that my final account shown differed with that on your system, and my re- booked Hilton car for the airport it not show at the time it was paid for. Sorry to comment, these issues tarnished what was an enjoyable vacation.

Room Tip: Very nice location, , but, management leaders are required to improve expected Hilton global standa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you as our Hilton HHonors member. We are glad to know that you and your wife enjoyed the overall stay with us and would recommend our resort to other travellers.

However, we are of course disappointed to know that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations and we sincerely apologize for shortfalls you experienced during the stay.

We’ve well noted your valuable feedback and addressed them with our respective management team in order to refine our service and facilities in the future.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. Your comments help us in assessing our services. We hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa in the near future.

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 8 in Karon Beach
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!