“Explored the Hilton Arcadia”

Ranked #32 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Very Nice, comfortable friendly staff and green environment. Having many pools. Looking for free internet atleast for few hours a day. Green environment got both beach and garden view. Nice selection of menu.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Hudha N
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

It is our pleasure to know that our friendly team members assisted your comfortable stay and you enjoyed our culinary offerings.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to having opportunities to warm welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Staff was extremely unfriendly. Never experienced this with other previous Hilton stays. They never smile. Attitude was very low and even felt that I should serve them to get my request get answered / recieved. Breakfast and in-room dining were not good. Juice selection at breakfast was very limited and tasted like juices from a can. In-room dining food quality was not any better than food at breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank Yong Tae P

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback through TripAdvisor and our hotel online survey.

We truly disappointed that we fell below your expectations in many aspects, especially lack of friendly hospitality of our team member as it was always charm of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for your disappointments. We have seriously discussed this issue with our management team in order to be able to assist every guest to have a pleasant experience with us.

Speaking of the food, I’ve shared your feedback with our Executive Chef as they will refine our food offerings to exceed guests’ expectations.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited Thailand for the first time. It was a business trip. It was very impressive that all stuffs I had contacted at the front desk, in a restaurant, even a bed maker, were very kind with their smiles.
I had broken a wrist in an accident before leaving Tokyo and stayed there with a plaster cast. Every stuff was anxious about my injury, so I felt their hospitality of national traits as well as being educated.
I would like to visit Phuket someday again with my wife on my private trip and to stay in Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.
Special thanks to Ms. Fon at the front desk for everything.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 茂行 加
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to know that you were impressed with friendly Thai hospitality of our team members, especially Fon. We aim to make every guest feels cared for, valued, and respected. I have passed your compliments on Fon and our entire resort team as a great motivation.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this property in April 2014. Overall, I was a little disappointed in comparison to other hotels I've stayed at during other visits to the Thailand. I booked this resort over The Hilton DoubleTree Phuket since I have once stayed at the Double Tree on a different visit. The hotel is not bad. Everyone did what they were suppose to do. Our rooms were cleaned. We had a connecting room on the 12th floor with a seaview. Our room 1240 and 1241 had cracks on the wall. Room 1240 had a big crack near the bed. As a HHonors, I think the value and experience I received at DoubleTree Phuket was better. The hotel manager at DoubleTree came out to greet me personally and welcomed me to Phuket. They even tried to remember my name (front desk). Contrast at this big resort, no one really remembered or necessarily went out of their way.

Nice pools. We enjoyed it. Seems very overcrowded everyday. We ate at the restaurant. Breakfast was average. Hotel was a good walk to nearby restaurants and activities near Karon Beach.

Regarding the bottled water in the room, hotel should consider brand change. Taste very funny.

I booked the room one month in advance as an HHonor Diamond. Due to the change of HHonor status in April, I was not recognized. I was a bit perturbed since certain amenities and privileges were not completely available in my new status. Bummed because it was the very reason I booked this property over other hotels. I am a IHG Platinum as well and would have been better off booking with them for status recognition and benefits.

1  Thank Chantha C
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for 9 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary. When we arrived our room was set with two double beds instead of one queen bed (not ideal!) we informed reception and they sent someone to join the beds together, and it was surprisingly comfortable. In general the rooms are quite basic, however well maintained each day by housekeeping. The buffet breakfast (included in our room rate) was pretty average for the hilton, however the staff were great (in particular Uthai) most days we would only have breakfast at the hotel then head out for lunch and dinner (and cocktails!) we ate twice at the hotel for dinner, and again, pretty average, especially seafood buffet night we were expecting a lot more. One big plus for the hotel is the location, Straight across the road from karon beach and close to restaurants and markets, also some great salons close by for massage that charge a quarter of what the hotel spa charges and just as good! We did spend a fair amount of time by the pool which was great and well maintained, again with great staff. Overall we were expecting more from the hilton, especially because it doesn't come cheap! Karon beach is a great location and I suggest if you stay here to venture out and explore the markets and restaurants etc because that's where the real fun is at! The staff at the hilton, I cannot fault and they were fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MaryseViola
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is a big hotel with five nice well maintained pools and spacious bedrooms which were clean and newish. The breakfast was excellent with loads of choice and whilst you could generally get a table anytime in the morning opening it did get very busy and crowded during the Thai New Year festive period.
Upon arrival I asked for an upgrade to sea facing room as I am Silver HiltonHonors class and was told the hotel was full but speaking to some people next day was told they were moved to sea facing nice rooms and they were not even HHonors members! how does that work then?
The main disappointment and my message to anyone is do not use the hotel room to make international phone calls. Upon arrival we found we left our holiday paperwork at home (yes we are stupid ) and had to ring our UK travel agent to ask them to email them through to the hotel and we were on the phone for 3-4 minutes maximum. My wife goes to pay the bill the next morning and was handed a £80 4000 Baht bill!!!!! For not even five minutes.I went to see reception who were most unhelpful and I demanded to see the manager who had much pressure eventually came to see me and was not interested in the least. He even admitted the amount was very high - that was after my extortionate claim and he agreed to reduce by 20%. After much debate and persistence he reduced it by 50% but £40 is still a complete rip -off. Ovber the course of the week it was apparent that the hotel over charge for everything it can try and get away with. I expect to pay more in a decent international hotel but the bar and restaurants was three times what the same drinks outside the hotel could be bought for. That is the main downside of this stay.
However I cannot deny the hotel itself is great and the location, most staff and scenary and grounds just stunning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlosdaman
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We checked in on April 13th for 5 nights after purchasing a King Junior Suite on Expedia. An absolutely splendid looking resort. That's about as good as it got unfortunately.
Checking in was a nightmare. We had to purchase an extra bed at 70 AUD a night for our 2 children. The booking stipulated up-to 4 people in a King a Junior Suite. In addition we were forced to pay an extra 140 AUD upfront for our 2 children for breakfasts during the course of our stay. When I called the Resort prior they explained that children eat free Buffet Breakfast. The room was awesome as expected in the Lotus Wing but we paid for it. The bags did not arrive to our room and we had to retrieve our bags from the bell boy area after 2 hours ourselves. There was no air conditioning in the lobby.
We found the customer service very polite but the time it took for room service or reception service was Fiji standard we felt. Slowly Slowly.
On 2 occasions we had ordered lunch by the pool and the French fries were cold.
The Resort food is really expensive. You are best eating on Beach Road at a quarter of the price.
Not really sure what else I can say to be fair.
Regards, Todd

2  Thank Todd S
HiltonPhuketArcadia, Director of Operations at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It is indeed disappointed to know that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations.

Speaking of extra charge for children, please accept our sincerely apologize if our team member provided you wrong Information. As we were provided information of your stay for 2 adults only from the agent, we have charged THB 3,825 for 2 children for 5 nights include tax.

However, we provided you a complimentary extra bed and additional setting at the sofa which we believe somewhat assist your comfortable stay.

We’ve shared your valuable feedback on our food offerings and bell service with our management team in order to refine them in the future.

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
Angsana Laguna Phuket
#8 of 36 in Choeng Thale

Been to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!