I have stayed here for 5 nights at the end of May. First impressions the grounds of the hotel are huge, you have to be picked up from one lobby in a car and driven to the main lobby upon first arrival. When I was given my room I was impressed at first with the size of the bed - very big, and the view from the balcony. I stayed in the Adaman wing. However the room was slightly cramped, with some some slight wear and tear. The breakfast was ok - a big selection however it depends on your preferences, there wasn't a big selection of fresh fruit. Towards the end of the stay, there was a day which rained heavily throughout which meant you were confined to the hotel- I had to therefore stay in for lunch, which led to a big struggle to find something to eat, some of the restaurants were closed and the others were extremely expensive. I settled on the sails restaurant- where you eat for breakfast - and there was a buffet on, which I would have eaten had it not been £30 ahead per person! For lunch I think this is far too expensive, I ate at 'high end' restaurants around Thailand for slightly less than this at dinner. I could not justify paying this so opted for a traditional Thai chicken soup instead, my girlfriend ordered a sandwich. When the soup arrived there was also a plate of rice, I had not ordered this but assumed it came with the dish anyway, as the sandwich had arrived with chips on the side. I ate the whole thing and when the bill arrived I noticed I had been charged for the rice, I made a complaint as I had not ordered this and it was eventually taken off the bill. If you do eat there make sure you check the bill, they automatically bill you for 10% service charge and the 7% for vat which always brings the price up. This was my only real annoyance during the stay as I ate out every day besides this one, there are some very good places to eat around Karon. There aren't many activities to do if you are stuck inside on a rainy day, it is very expensive, wifi is only free in the lobby, and I therefore wouldn't rush back here. I am guessing had you paid more money and had more money to spend your stay could be better but if not, then it is not an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Destinology, Travelbag and TravelUp so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon