“Perfect beachfront stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Plovdiv
“Perfect beachfront stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is really amazing hotel! It is beachfront, has huge gardens with many pools. Even it is a big hotel you don't feel it's crowded, because the property is huge. We stayed in a superior sea view room and it was really very big and had stunning view of Andaman sea. We had big balcony with table and sofa and coffee making facilities and it was nice to drink coffee and watch ships in the sea. The staff was so helpful. We would visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VeselaKPlovdiv
David P, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the hotel. The hotel is indeed very large but it is also well spread out over 75 acres of gardens, lakes and pools so it very rarely feels crowded and this enables our guests to have a relaxing and peaceful holiday.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back for another holiday very soon.

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I must say that my stay at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa was a standout experience.

I'm a long-time HHonors loyalty member, and during my time with the program (since 2008) I've stayed at hotels in Australia, Singapore, Thailand and the USA. The staff, all-around, were consistently friendly, helpful and respectful during our stay.

On arrival late on Good Friday eve, my partner and I were greeted at the airport by the hotel taxi driver (this was TOTALLY worth the marginally increased cost over regular island taxis). Our driver was ready & waiting, in an spotless car with cool towels & bottled water for us. Upon arrival at reception. we were again provided with a cool beverage, and informed that we'd been upgraded to a King Junior Suite. This was a very much appreciated bonus!

The room was immaculate: polished floorboards a very comfortable bed, and a well presented bathroom. Noise was never an issue throughout our stay, and the views were lovely.

The executive lounge was actually quite exclusive. Quite often these lounges can be overcrowded, but with space available both inside & outside (facing the Andaman Sea), we never had an issue. On a daily basis we were waited upon by Mam, who went over & above to provide for us during our multiple visits to the lounge. She made our stay extra special.

Daily breakfasts were fantastic (choice of multiple restaurants and the exec lounge). We often ate off-site for dinner (so many places to eat, both nearby & in Phuket) - but when we did eat dinner on-site it was great.

We did indulge in the on-site spa, which proved to be a serene, luxurious experience.

Lastly: the grounds were HUGE, and very well kept. There was no shortage of space both within the pools, or on the lounge chairs surrounding them. As we found the ocean a bit warm, we actually (unexpectedly) spent a fair amount of time in the pools! There is a first time for everything.

P.S. - I'd recommend taking the hotel taxi back to the airport: getting one locally (especially in the morning) can be really challenging! I wish we'd used the hotel service instead of trying on our own (and nearly missing our flight!).

Looking forward to hopefully coming back to this property again.

Nick G

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed using our extensive pools and taking advantage of a relaxing massage during your stay. I was also happy that you received good service from the team in our lounge and will make sure that your feedback is shared, with Mam in particular.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

As a Hilton Diamond Member, Hilton is my number one choice of hotels at the time of travelling. Unless I can't find a Hilton in a great location,

This time it was a disaster. Although the room we had was an upgraded ocean front room with a stunning sunset, the rest of the hotel was very disappointing.

The staff was not trained to advise you with anything related to Phuket, The ambiance was kind of sad. The restaurants.... oh the restaurants in the hotel need to be shut down, retrained, redone, and then re-opened again... Food was bad, bad extremely bad. It doesn't matter if you ordered Thai, Western, it was always bad. Either cold, under cooked, just bad restaurants overall. And the sad part was that you were paying high end resort $$$$ for bad food.

This hotel need a major renovation too. It is falling apart.

Overall a terrible experience...

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Reyrunner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was sorry to read that you were clearly disappointed with seemingly all aspects of your stay and apologise for the fact that we were unable to meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback regarding your poor experience of our food, though it would in truth have been very helpful to have been given such feedback at the time when we were in a position to make it right.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a fabulous hotel!! My boyfriend and myself stayed her for 5 nights at the end of May and were spoilt rotten from the moment we arrived! We received a wonderful welcome and were both overwhelmed by the gorgeous complex. The room was fab as were the bars, Thai restaurant and spa. We both had a massage which was fantastic.

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel! I would definitely recommend staying here and am looking forward to returning in the future!

Room Tip: We had a garden view suite which did just about have views of the beach. The room was gorgeous and v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and that you felt welcomed by the team. I am glad that you both found to time to relax and enjoy a massage in our spa, the Thais are quite rightly known for providing great massages and therapies, and matched this with an authentic Thai meal in one of our restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay so much that we are already planning to return next year. The location and facilities of the resort are simply excellent .. but it is the service that makes the difference between a good hotel experience and a great one. We stayed 7 nights and opted to upgrade upon arrival to a King Junior Suite with a Sea View. However upon arrival to the room I looked out the window and even at 10:30pm at night I could see that we had not exactly been given a clear "sea view" .. perhaps if you stepped out onto the balcony yes ... but not from inside the room. After travelling all day from New Zealand, I was extremely tired and the bed looked so inviting that I decide to leave it until the next day to re-evaluate. The next day upon my request we were moved to a King Deluxe Plus Sea View room ... in my opinion much nicer with unobstructed views. The Front Office team where very helpful and understanding.The breakfast options are extensive and there is something to please everyone ( and every nationality ) Without doubt the cherry on top of the cake ... is the housekeeping department ! Simply exceptional and I can say that as my profession is an executive housekeeper. No detail was left untouched ... cleanliness was perfect and the turn down attendants often left me an "animal towel" to make things extra special. Please pass on my praise and thanks to the team. I hope to see you all again next year.

Room Tip: I can highly recommend the King or Twin Deluxe Plus Sea View rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank BlackWitchNZ69

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and that you felt cared for and looked after by the staff as this is what we strive to deliver to all our guests. I look forward to sharing your comment s with the team and in particular with Housekeeping. I am glad you enjoyed the towel ‘art’ in your room.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here for 5 nights at the end of May. First impressions the grounds of the hotel are huge, you have to be picked up from one lobby in a car and driven to the main lobby upon first arrival. When I was given my room I was impressed at first with the size of the bed - very big, and the view from the balcony. I stayed in the Adaman wing. However the room was slightly cramped, with some some slight wear and tear. The breakfast was ok - a big selection however it depends on your preferences, there wasn't a big selection of fresh fruit. Towards the end of the stay, there was a day which rained heavily throughout which meant you were confined to the hotel- I had to therefore stay in for lunch, which led to a big struggle to find something to eat, some of the restaurants were closed and the others were extremely expensive. I settled on the sails restaurant- where you eat for breakfast - and there was a buffet on, which I would have eaten had it not been £30 ahead per person! For lunch I think this is far too expensive, I ate at 'high end' restaurants around Thailand for slightly less than this at dinner. I could not justify paying this so opted for a traditional Thai chicken soup instead, my girlfriend ordered a sandwich. When the soup arrived there was also a plate of rice, I had not ordered this but assumed it came with the dish anyway, as the sandwich had arrived with chips on the side. I ate the whole thing and when the bill arrived I noticed I had been charged for the rice, I made a complaint as I had not ordered this and it was eventually taken off the bill. If you do eat there make sure you check the bill, they automatically bill you for 10% service charge and the 7% for vat which always brings the price up. This was my only real annoyance during the stay as I ate out every day besides this one, there are some very good places to eat around Karon. There aren't many activities to do if you are stuck inside on a rainy day, it is very expensive, wifi is only free in the lobby, and I therefore wouldn't rush back here. I am guessing had you paid more money and had more money to spend your stay could be better but if not, then it is not an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bigfresser2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was sorry to hear that you found your choice of food limited when you wanted lunch as, whilst not all of our restaurants are open for lunch, we had three restaurants open for you to choose from. The day in question was in fact a Sunday when we put on a very comprehensive Sunday brunch for which we charge what is approximately £20 for food and £30 inclusive of drinks. I am sorry you found this to be outside of your budget.

Clearly we made an error with your order and added rice to it by mistake but I was happy to learn that we put it right when you made us aware of it and you were not charged.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed in the suite. So was treated very well from the start. And because of the Thai people - they always make it a little better. But I think this hotel has some very strong aspects. Other things very soft. Great facilities for swimming and near the ocean. But seems a little run down and needing some updates. Was there on business. If on my own dime - doubtful I would have rated this high. For young families I think this is a very nice option at the right price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike54BU
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and in particular the many and varied pools that we have around the resort. As you mention we are indeed very popular with families as our pools and children’s club enable both children and parents to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay.

The resort has a continually program of refurbishments in place and we have a clear plan to address any and all areas that require an ‘update’ to ensure we offer the best facilities to our guests that we can.

Hopefully we can welcome you back on a holiday along with the many Korean families who choose us for their vacation.