“Great Hotel and friendly staff”

Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
“Great Hotel and friendly staff”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a really good stay at Hilton Arcadia , the facilities are great, lots of pools to swim in and only 5 min walk to the public beach. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Also the breakfast has amazing selection. We also tried the seafood themed buffet and was fantastic.

Room Tip: Adaman wing has renoweted rooms, upgrade to see view room. Is worthed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
David P, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Magda1306

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay. I am delighted you enjoyed our many pools and our food and found the staff to be friendly and helpful, something of which we are justifiably proud.

David Prince – General Manager
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in Hilton Arcadia during our stay in Phuket.After we reached the lobby we were given welcome drink and wet towels to freshen up and were checked in fast to our room.There are shuttles which run which run within the resort. Watch out for luggage while checking in. There will be lot of people who check in at the same time and the bags could get mixed up. Our luggage got mixed and had to wait for 20-30 mins to get it back.

We stayed in Saitong wing. Our room had pool as well as sea view. The resort is huge! Has amazing pools with water slides for kids and pond as well. Though the resort has amazing facilities,the rooms and the building we stayed in showed signs of ageing.

The resort is near Karon beach which is quieter and cleaner than more happening Patong beach.
The walk along the beach road will be something to die for.Amazing food is available on the stalls on the road. Do taste Banana chocolate pan cake. We had amazing dinner at Indian restaurant Navarang Mahal which is 10 mins walk away from Hilton Arcadia on the beach road.

Internet is free only in the lobby and is chargeable in the rooms.We stayed there only for two days and didn't get much time to explore the resort. This is the resort you would want to pick if you are going to stay for more than 3-4 nights and want a less crowded beach.

Room Tip: Stay in rooms in the top floor for amazing view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lalitha R
David P, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay, brief though it was, with us. The hotel is known for being located on one of the best beaches on the island, especially if you are looking for a less crowded beach where you can find space to relax and enjoy yourself. For those seeking the hustle, bustle and crowds of Patong it is only a fifteen minute taxi ride away.

You are quite correct when you mention the hotel as being ideal for a long stay as many of our guests do indeed stay with us for three or four weeks with their families.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back for a longer holiday.

Plovdiv
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is really amazing hotel! It is beachfront, has huge gardens with many pools. Even it is a big hotel you don't feel it's crowded, because the property is huge. We stayed in a superior sea view room and it was really very big and had stunning view of Andaman sea. We had big balcony with table and sofa and coffee making facilities and it was nice to drink coffee and watch ships in the sea. The staff was so helpful. We would visit this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VeselaKPlovdiv

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed the hotel. The hotel is indeed very large but it is also well spread out over 75 acres of gardens, lakes and pools so it very rarely feels crowded and this enables our guests to have a relaxing and peaceful holiday.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back for another holiday very soon.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I must say that my stay at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa was a standout experience.

I'm a long-time HHonors loyalty member, and during my time with the program (since 2008) I've stayed at hotels in Australia, Singapore, Thailand and the USA. The staff, all-around, were consistently friendly, helpful and respectful during our stay.

On arrival late on Good Friday eve, my partner and I were greeted at the airport by the hotel taxi driver (this was TOTALLY worth the marginally increased cost over regular island taxis). Our driver was ready & waiting, in an spotless car with cool towels & bottled water for us. Upon arrival at reception. we were again provided with a cool beverage, and informed that we'd been upgraded to a King Junior Suite. This was a very much appreciated bonus!

The room was immaculate: polished floorboards a very comfortable bed, and a well presented bathroom. Noise was never an issue throughout our stay, and the views were lovely.

The executive lounge was actually quite exclusive. Quite often these lounges can be overcrowded, but with space available both inside & outside (facing the Andaman Sea), we never had an issue. On a daily basis we were waited upon by Mam, who went over & above to provide for us during our multiple visits to the lounge. She made our stay extra special.

Daily breakfasts were fantastic (choice of multiple restaurants and the exec lounge). We often ate off-site for dinner (so many places to eat, both nearby & in Phuket) - but when we did eat dinner on-site it was great.

We did indulge in the on-site spa, which proved to be a serene, luxurious experience.

Lastly: the grounds were HUGE, and very well kept. There was no shortage of space both within the pools, or on the lounge chairs surrounding them. As we found the ocean a bit warm, we actually (unexpectedly) spent a fair amount of time in the pools! There is a first time for everything.

P.S. - I'd recommend taking the hotel taxi back to the airport: getting one locally (especially in the morning) can be really challenging! I wish we'd used the hotel service instead of trying on our own (and nearly missing our flight!).

Looking forward to hopefully coming back to this property again.

Nick G

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nick G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed using our extensive pools and taking advantage of a relaxing massage during your stay. I was also happy that you received good service from the team in our lounge and will make sure that your feedback is shared, with Mam in particular.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

As a Hilton Diamond Member, Hilton is my number one choice of hotels at the time of travelling. Unless I can't find a Hilton in a great location,

This time it was a disaster. Although the room we had was an upgraded ocean front room with a stunning sunset, the rest of the hotel was very disappointing.

The staff was not trained to advise you with anything related to Phuket, The ambiance was kind of sad. The restaurants.... oh the restaurants in the hotel need to be shut down, retrained, redone, and then re-opened again... Food was bad, bad extremely bad. It doesn't matter if you ordered Thai, Western, it was always bad. Either cold, under cooked, just bad restaurants overall. And the sad part was that you were paying high end resort $$$$ for bad food.

This hotel need a major renovation too. It is falling apart.

Overall a terrible experience...

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Reyrunner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was sorry to read that you were clearly disappointed with seemingly all aspects of your stay and apologise for the fact that we were unable to meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback regarding your poor experience of our food, though it would in truth have been very helpful to have been given such feedback at the time when we were in a position to make it right.

Manchester
Reviewed 10 June 2014

What a fabulous hotel!! My boyfriend and myself stayed her for 5 nights at the end of May and were spoilt rotten from the moment we arrived! We received a wonderful welcome and were both overwhelmed by the gorgeous complex. The room was fab as were the bars, Thai restaurant and spa. We both had a massage which was fantastic.

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel! I would definitely recommend staying here and am looking forward to returning in the future!

Room Tip: We had a garden view suite which did just about have views of the beach. The room was gorgeous and v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and that you felt welcomed by the team. I am glad that you both found to time to relax and enjoy a massage in our spa, the Thais are quite rightly known for providing great massages and therapies, and matched this with an authentic Thai meal in one of our restaurants.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay so much that we are already planning to return next year. The location and facilities of the resort are simply excellent .. but it is the service that makes the difference between a good hotel experience and a great one. We stayed 7 nights and opted to upgrade upon arrival to a King Junior Suite with a Sea View. However upon arrival to the room I looked out the window and even at 10:30pm at night I could see that we had not exactly been given a clear "sea view" .. perhaps if you stepped out onto the balcony yes ... but not from inside the room. After travelling all day from New Zealand, I was extremely tired and the bed looked so inviting that I decide to leave it until the next day to re-evaluate. The next day upon my request we were moved to a King Deluxe Plus Sea View room ... in my opinion much nicer with unobstructed views. The Front Office team where very helpful and understanding.The breakfast options are extensive and there is something to please everyone ( and every nationality ) Without doubt the cherry on top of the cake ... is the housekeeping department ! Simply exceptional and I can say that as my profession is an executive housekeeper. No detail was left untouched ... cleanliness was perfect and the turn down attendants often left me an "animal towel" to make things extra special. Please pass on my praise and thanks to the team. I hope to see you all again next year.

Room Tip: I can highly recommend the King or Twin Deluxe Plus Sea View rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank BlackWitchNZ69

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay and that you felt cared for and looked after by the staff as this is what we strive to deliver to all our guests. I look forward to sharing your comment s with the team and in particular with Housekeeping. I am glad you enjoyed the towel ‘art’ in your room.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
#2 of 8 in Karon Beach
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Movenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort

Been to Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!