“Awesomely outstanding...”

Ranked #34 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Awesomely outstanding...”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Where do i start....As the other comments from Lesley Bird, pretty much say it all.
This is a place I am delight to call my second home. I feel relaxed, safe in the hands of such wonderful people. I have yet to come across something negative and have been going there for a few year, both with family and friend.
It is extremely central to a lot of activities, sightseeing, dining,great beaches, and of course shopping.
The complex is beautifully refurbished, with great relaxing room colours, staff are wonderful friendly. We have meet fantastic people from all over the world, especially down at the many pools.
I have made wonderful Thai friends over the years, and look forward to going back again 2014. Hopefully with a few other joking in the fun.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Maree M
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for reviewing our resort on TripAdvisor and for your continued support over the years. We strive to provide a home away from home for all of our guests and we are delighted that you continue to view our resort as your second home. Our warm and friendly service helps to make our guests feel at ease and as you will know from your many visits, our resort enjoys an unrivaled location on Karon Beach which puts you within easy walking distance of all the local amenities.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the refurbishment of all the rooms in the hotel and found the warm colours in the colonial style rooms to be relaxing.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again in July for another visit where we hope we will surpass all of your expectations.

Director of Marketing and Communications

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived there on the 28 of October ,stayed for 4 nights,we had no internet anywhere in the hotel ,they blame it on an accident on the street,did not believe it,because all the restaurants and cafes adjacent to the hotel had connection. The foyer leading to the rooms are so depressing,facade of the hotel is dirty and rundown,sewage smell around the pools area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Elias S
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to read that your stay didn't meet your expectations.

The internet problems during your stay were caused by outside matters beyond the control of the resort, so I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

I have had no other reports by guests, staff or management of any sewer smell by the pool during the period of your stay, but I will certainly have our staff follow up on this to be sure.

We strive to provide a clean and relaxing environment for all of our guests, so naturally I am bemused by your feedback. I will be sure to mention your comments at our next management meeting and appreciate your feedback

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 4 November 2013

once again we had an wonderful holiday at this awesome resort. All the staff are incredible, friendly and helpful, the housemaid was just gorgeous. The rooms have been updated and painted lighter colours. The Resort still supplies a shuttle service to Patong and Phuket town and the driver is courteous and careful which is most important when travelling amongst all the scooters and other vehicles. This time my husband got the flu and the desk staff organised to go to the Doctors, taxi etc , great help and not a problem. The pools were as usual beautiful and the grounds amazing. I don't know what else to say except we will be back again and again hopefully. If you do chose this wonderful resort I am 100% sure you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Room Tip: well we had always preferred the number 2 building in the complex and the 2nd floor. This time we...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Catgirl196
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and also for your continued support of our resort. It is always a pleasure to welcome you all back to Phuket and I am delighted that we continue to provide an excellent, friendly service during your time with us.

We always work hard to maintain our extensive grounds and gardens as you know and I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, which are in a colonial style with warm colours for your comfort and relaxation.

Our shuttle bus to Phuket Town is ideal to explore the cultural heart of the island and I would recommend this service to any guest who is interested in seeing the Historic Old Town or experiencing how the locals live. I am pleased to hear that our driver provided a safe and timely service for you.

Thank you for recommending our resort to so many of your friends and also here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back again this year.

Donetsk, Ukraine
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is perfect if you want to spend a great time in Thailand. It's really relaxing and comfortable place with good service and excellent staff. By the way people are very kind and helpful over there. I didn't have any problems during my trip.
And now a few words about our room. It was unbelievable. My boyfriend was very pleased with the service and design of Thavern Palm Beach Resort. We are going to come over and over again.
Thank you so much for the best holidays ever.

Room Tip: I think any room is pretty good and comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 18Maria18
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a great time during your visit to Thailand.

Our staff strive to provide a friendly and helpful service and the design of the resort amidst spacious tropical grounds ensures guests enjoy a relaxing and comfortable experience. I am delighted that you plan to visit us again in the future and that you felt this was the best holiday ever.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Singapore
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Hotel location is very good. Right opposite the beach and about 5 - 10 mins walk left of the hotel to the shops and restaurants. Very nice gardens with roaming rabbits and chickens which my daughter enjoyed patting and feeding... 5 swimming pools with 3 kid pools. 2 kid pools are attached to the big swimming pools, the lone kid pool in front of the seemingly abandoned kid club doesn't seem to be much of use though. Most of the kids are swimming in the big pools... Staffs are on the average friendly except for those during breakfast time.. Breakfast is of a good variety, good mix of American continental as well as Asian.

Room is of a comfortable size with a big terrace overlooking the pools, gardens and a bit of seaview. The lifts are under renovation during our stay. I wish they consider giving me the first floor rooms instead of the second floor rooms so I don't have to carry my 2 years old up and down the stairs...the first floor rooms is of direct access to the gardens and the pools... Bed and pillows are slightly too hard for my preference and we requested for a king size bed but it's actually 2 twin beds combined together.. so you will feel the bump in the middle.. but that's not too big a problem for us

on a overall, the stay was pretty pleasant but average.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank shichs1982
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor and for your valuable feedback. I am pleased that your family enjoyed the spacious grounds and that your children enjoyed petting the rabbits and chickens. I would like to advise you that if your preference is for a softer bed and pillows, then please just ask at main reception and we will be more than happy to arrange a roll top mattress and extra pillows for you.

Allocation of rooms is subject to availability at the time, but again, please just ask at reception during your stay and we will be more than happy to try and arrange king size beds or 1st floor rooms for you if they are available.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We just spent 2 wonderful weeks at the Thavorn Palm Beach Resort in Thailand, this is a lovely comfortable hotel set in the most beautiful gardens with several large swimming pools and a pool bar. Rooms have been recently renovated in cool attractive colours and have good air con,the new bathrooms are well appointed and there was a lovely large patio to sit on and admire the gardens. Morning breakfast really does have something for everyone. Staff were helpful and a pleasure to deal with. The hotel is situated close to Beaches and shops, we really could not have asked for more. We hope to return to this lovely hotel again.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank dave g
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Do your self a favor, don't book this hotel. Old, not so clean, the staff is not kind. For sure not a 4 star hotel.
To get to the beach, u have to go out of the hotel and to cross the road.

And one last thing... Be careful from the rats next to the pool !!

Tzafrir & Carine

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Tzafrir Z
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor and I am disappointed to learn that your stay with us did not meet your expectations.

We pride ourselves on providing friendly, traditional Thai hospitality in a clean and natural beach front environment, so I am surprised to read your comments. However, I will mention these at our daily management meeting to ensure our normal high standard of service is maintained at all times.

Roger Gibson
Director of Marketing and Communications.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa
Beyond Resort Karon
Beyond Resort Karon
#16 of 134 in Karon

Been to Thavorn Palm Beach Resort? Share your experiences!