1,273 results
All reviewsold siamorchid gardenwindsong restaurantciao bistrocoffee talkfive poolsmagnificent gardenspool barbeautiful hoteltraditional thaiduty managerlow seasonreception deskbeach roadpools are greatpool viewgreat holiday
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This resort is awesome. Location is excellent, both beach and shops and restaurant are within short walk.
Swimming pools...just one word "wow"!
Breakfast is great, you can find everything you need - European, Asian.
Rooms have nice design and good size, room terrace is big.
Staff are nice, kind, polite and welcoming. We felt sincere support every time we asked them for something.
Thanks a lot to all the staff.

P.S. we would like also to recommend a very nice restaurant near the Karon temple called Family Seafood - the food is just delicios, please try Tom Yam, fried rice with seafood and bbq fish.
It's the last one before temple on the left hand side if you go from the beach side, with orange sign and orange tablecloth.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Venera L
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do enjoy an enviable location on the beach front at Karon with the shops and local amenities within easy walking distance. With most of our resort grounds dedicated to tropical gardens, we provide a peaceful haven within the bustling community along Karon Beach, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

We strive to provide friendly and helpful hospitality for all our guests, so I am pleased to hear that our staff took care of you well during your stay. All 210 spacious rooms at our resort were recently renovated in a warm colonial style so i am glad you enjoyed the design.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Where do i start....As the other comments from Lesley Bird, pretty much say it all.
This is a place I am delight to call my second home. I feel relaxed, safe in the hands of such wonderful people. I have yet to come across something negative and have been going there for a few year, both with family and friend.
It is extremely central to a lot of activities, sightseeing, dining,great beaches, and of course shopping.
The complex is beautifully refurbished, with great relaxing room colours, staff are wonderful friendly. We have meet fantastic people from all over the world, especially down at the many pools.
I have made wonderful Thai friends over the years, and look forward to going back again 2014. Hopefully with a few other joking in the fun.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Maree M
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for reviewing our resort on TripAdvisor and for your continued support over the years. We strive to provide a home away from home for all of our guests and we are delighted that you continue to view our resort as your second home. Our warm and friendly service helps to make our guests feel at ease and as you will know from your many visits, our resort enjoys an unrivaled location on Karon Beach which puts you within easy walking distance of all the local amenities.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the refurbishment of all the rooms in the hotel and found the warm colours in the colonial style rooms to be relaxing.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again in July for another visit where we hope we will surpass all of your expectations.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Arrived there on the 28 of October ,stayed for 4 nights,we had no internet anywhere in the hotel ,they blame it on an accident on the street,did not believe it,because all the restaurants and cafes adjacent to the hotel had connection. The foyer leading to the rooms are so depressing,facade of the hotel is dirty and rundown,sewage smell around the pools area.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Elias S
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to read that your stay didn't meet your expectations.

The internet problems during your stay were caused by outside matters beyond the control of the resort, so I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

I have had no other reports by guests, staff or management of any sewer smell by the pool during the period of your stay, but I will certainly have our staff follow up on this to be sure.

We strive to provide a clean and relaxing environment for all of our guests, so naturally I am bemused by your feedback. I will be sure to mention your comments at our next management meeting and appreciate your feedback

Reviewed 4 November 2013

once again we had an wonderful holiday at this awesome resort. All the staff are incredible, friendly and helpful, the housemaid was just gorgeous. The rooms have been updated and painted lighter colours. The Resort still supplies a shuttle service to Patong and Phuket town and the driver is courteous and careful which is most important when travelling amongst all the scooters and other vehicles. This time my husband got the flu and the desk staff organised to go to the Doctors, taxi etc , great help and not a problem. The pools were as usual beautiful and the grounds amazing. I don't know what else to say except we will be back again and again hopefully. If you do chose this wonderful resort I am 100% sure you will enjoy it as much as we do.

Room Tip: well we had always preferred the number 2 building in the complex and the 2nd floor. This time we had 4th floor in number 3 building and really enjoyed that so I really think all the rooms must be good, although I don't think I would like the beach end of number 3 building as a bit out of the way round the back there.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Catgirl196
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and also for your continued support of our resort. It is always a pleasure to welcome you all back to Phuket and I am delighted that we continue to provide an excellent, friendly service during your time with us.

We always work hard to maintain our extensive grounds and gardens as you know and I am pleased that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, which are in a colonial style with warm colours for your comfort and relaxation.

Our shuttle bus to Phuket Town is ideal to explore the cultural heart of the island and I would recommend this service to any guest who is interested in seeing the Historic Old Town or experiencing how the locals live. I am pleased to hear that our driver provided a safe and timely service for you.

Thank you for recommending our resort to so many of your friends and also here on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back again this year.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel is perfect if you want to spend a great time in Thailand. It's really relaxing and comfortable place with good service and excellent staff. By the way people are very kind and helpful over there. I didn't have any problems during my trip.
And now a few words about our room. It was unbelievable. My boyfriend was very pleased with the service and design of Thavern Palm Beach Resort. We are going to come over and over again.
Thank you so much for the best holidays ever.

Room Tip: I think any room is pretty good and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 18Maria18

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a great time during your visit to Thailand.

Our staff strive to provide a friendly and helpful service and the design of the resort amidst spacious tropical grounds ensures guests enjoy a relaxing and comfortable experience. I am delighted that you plan to visit us again in the future and that you felt this was the best holiday ever.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.