We had a great stay at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort. It is certainly worth its 4.5 star rating.
- Excellent location on Karon Beach. It is literally across the street from the middle area of the beach. However, during low season Karon Beach is not really swimmable, so take that into consideration.
- 15-20 minute walk to Kata Beach. Karon-Kata Beach is easily walkable. There are sidewalks for most of the way, the hill is very small and it is lined with shops.
- Cute rabbits, chickens and lizards wander around the resort.
- Resort provides you with large beach towels, which you can take to the beach (not just the pool!)
- A good breakfast buffet that is open from 6-10.
- 3 very large pools and a fourth kid pool. The pools are very well done, but we were sad that they closed at 7 PM, just after sunset.
- The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We needed to check in late (1 AM) and we had a late flight on our last day, and they allowed us to use their facilities even after we checked out, which was nice.
- Hard beds and pillows.
- No toothbrushes or toothpaste provided.
- The resort is not close to many restaurants, food stalls or any of the good shopping areas. There are a few good food stalls along the back road leading up to the lobby, but the area in front of the Thavorn-Hilton resorts is a dead zone.
- Shuttle Service to Patong was nice, but the bus only ran twice a day, back-and-forth.
Overall I had a great experience at the resort. There are a lot of negative things I can say about our experiences in Phuket, but the resort was perfectly fine. We wanted a beach vacation after having gone to Pattaya in the past. If you want to spend more than one night partying in Patong however, I would suggest staying in Patong itself, as it is obnoxious trying to get honest transportation in Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are one of the best Karon Beach Resort in Phuket. Being located right on the beachfront, we are only a few steps from Karon Beach. Relax amidst the spacious, tropical surroundings at an unrivalled beachfront location only 40 minutes from Phuket Airport. We are also 15-minute drive away from the iconic Patong Beach. Having dedicated most of the extensive grounds to green areas, this Karon beach resort feels secluded, yet with local bars, restaurants and amenities within easy walking distance, you are never isolated and enjoy the best of both worlds. Lose yourself exploring the magnificent splendour of the tropical orchid gardens, find your own peaceful, uncrowded space at one of our four swimming pools or relax in the comfort of our elegant, colonial style public spaces. Our Karon beach resort will truly give you a memorable Phuket holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Thavorn Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thavorn Palm Beach Hotel Karon
- Thavorn Palm Beach Karon
- Thavorn Palm Beach Resort Phuket/Karon