1,299 results
All reviews old siam orchid garden windsong restaurant ciao bistro coffee talk five pools magnificent gardens pool bar beautiful hotel traditional thai duty manager low season reception desk beach road pools are great pool view great holiday
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in mid of August. When entered this hotel our first reaction was cool and when entered in room its even better - WOW.

The room is spacious, with big balcony pool facing, the staff is friendly, Breakfast is more then good ( but not excellent,may be we were looking for more veg options :P ) , free wifi, awesome pools, fabulous sorroundings and everything is maintained. You can also see Rabbit,Turkeys,fish aquarium while moving around.

The two small cos , i found their pillows little harder. and second one : there was no iron in the room.

and Yes, this is located around 9 KM from Bangla road. Instead of going by tuk tuk or taxi , i must suggest you rent bike ( easily available on just 100 m from this hotel) at 200 Baht for 24 hrs.

so saying that i give this hotel a big thumbs up and thanks you for making my tour a memorable one.

Bhupinder Mittal

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bsmittal
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Thavorn Palm and Beach Resort in the second week of August. We booked the rooms through lastminute secret deals. The Hotel was listed as a self rated 5 star hotel. We were allocated premium deluxe rooms third floor with views over Karon Beach. The rooms were spacious and had the amenities you would expect including good wifi connection. The breakfast was adequate although stopped at 10am. The staff were friendly. The gardens are well maintained. The hotel is certainly not 5 star more like 4 star. The drawback for Karon at the moment is the build up of rubbish on the beach and there being no lounge chairs on the beach following their recent removal. We have holidayed at Karon for the past 6 years and noticed how deserted and unattractive the beach is at the moment. The authorities need a clear strategy to keep the beach clean. In the monsoon season the beach is too unsafe to swim at, as the many red flags reflect! The hotel offers a courtesy bus to Patong but not in my view frequently enough. Cost of a taxi to Patong is anywhere between 300-400 baht.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed in this resort for only 1 night. I should have stayed for more. after 5 nights in phi phi I stayed in this place and I was amazed by the standard, customer service and everything really. the wild life, swimming pools which was many of them, restaurant everything is good about this.

this place is oriented to family. close to the town, beach is stone throw away although I did not see the need to go because of the numbers of the pools they got. the garden is huge with flowers everywhere. tranquil is obvious. chickens run among the plants. rabbit pops out of the burrow now and then to feed. tortoise will swim in the pond. fish and frogs were also seen in the ponds.

I dont know what else to say. nature lovers will adore this place.

in the reception they will make you sit down and offer you the drinks and they come to you to do all the necessary check in procedure while you are still sat down. how cool is that. they also did free upgrade of my room. I loved this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DeepakRai0789
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a great stay at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort. It is certainly worth its 4.5 star rating.

PROS:
- Excellent location on Karon Beach. It is literally across the street from the middle area of the beach. However, during low season Karon Beach is not really swimmable, so take that into consideration.
- 15-20 minute walk to Kata Beach. Karon-Kata Beach is easily walkable. There are sidewalks for most of the way, the hill is very small and it is lined with shops.
- Cute rabbits, chickens and lizards wander around the resort.
- Resort provides you with large beach towels, which you can take to the beach (not just the pool!)
- A good breakfast buffet that is open from 6-10.
- 3 very large pools and a fourth kid pool. The pools are very well done, but we were sad that they closed at 7 PM, just after sunset.
- The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We needed to check in late (1 AM) and we had a late flight on our last day, and they allowed us to use their facilities even after we checked out, which was nice.

CONS:
- Hard beds and pillows.
- No toothbrushes or toothpaste provided.
- The resort is not close to many restaurants, food stalls or any of the good shopping areas. There are a few good food stalls along the back road leading up to the lobby, but the area in front of the Thavorn-Hilton resorts is a dead zone.
- Shuttle Service to Patong was nice, but the bus only ran twice a day, back-and-forth.

Overall I had a great experience at the resort. There are a lot of negative things I can say about our experiences in Phuket, but the resort was perfectly fine. We wanted a beach vacation after having gone to Pattaya in the past. If you want to spend more than one night partying in Patong however, I would suggest staying in Patong itself, as it is obnoxious trying to get honest transportation in Phuket.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank miphun
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review of our resort, I am pleased we were able to provide a friendly and accommodating stay.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our resort on your next visit to Phuket

Kind Regards,

Roger Gibson
Director of Marketing Communications

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was my 6th stay at this resort, we keep coming back for the amazing gardens and pools. Also the staff are so friendly and helpful. The location is away from all the hustle and bustle, yet lots of food and shopping just a short walk.

The recent room upgrades makes this one of the best resorts in Phuket!

I will be back soon!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brad C

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review and for your continued support of our resort. I am delighted you enjoyed your 6th visit and that we continue to meet your expectations with a friendly and helpful service

I am pleased that you enjoyed the warm colonial style of our recently renovated rooms and we will strive to surpass your expectations for your next visit. With further service improvements on the way, we trust we will continue to be your number one resort in Phuket

Kind Regards