“Brilliant Hotel & Staff”

Andaman Seaview Hotel
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Thank you for all that made our stay a special and memorable one. To the management team, you are the greatest. Michael, you are a very special person. Breakfast and service daily was excellent. Great and special place to stay.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms excellent
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Johann H
AndamanSeaview, General Manager at Andaman Seaview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Johann H,

Thank you very much to spending your time writing us some review which I do really
appreciated to learnt that you have a great time during your stay with us.

I have already passed along your comments to Micheal as well as our entire team.

Me and my team at Andaman Seaview Hotel would be delighted to welcome and serve you again in the future.

Mr. Yalyong Ongsanam

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Spent 8 nights in June 2014. Staff are wonderful, very helpful and attentive especially Michael in reception. We were upgraded to a superior suite on arrival with a swim up terrace making our stay luxurious. Staff keep the rooms and public areas very clean although some air con in the main reception and poolside breakfast area would be nice. Have used the hotel spa which I would highly recommend, I had a top quality massage in beautiful and relaxing surroundings and will book in another session before I leave. We have had good food every night by turning left out of the hotel and taking a lovely 10 minute evening stroll. We have had breakfast and light snacks in the hotel which was good and evening menus look great but we prefer a walk out. Would not recommend the trip to Koh Phi Phi Leh (the Beach) it was chaotic, packed into boats like sardines and the island was like being dropped in an overcrowded airport terminal and negated any chance of photographs or any peace. Overall it is a lovely island with friendly people although slightly marred by terribly rude and aggressive large contingency of ******** I won't say which country as I'm sure if you visit you will work it out for yourself. Come to the Andaman Seaview Hotel it is lovely.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank NorthYorkshireDebra
AndamanSeaview, General Manager at Andaman Seaview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear bezane a,

Greeting from Andaman Seaview Hotel.

We are please to thank you for choosing our hotel for your value holiday. I would be appreciate for your compliment and recommend Andaman Seaview Hotel to other guest.

I have already passed along your comments to Michael as well as our entire team.

Looking forward to serve you and wish you all the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 8 days. Being across from the beach was a huge plus. You have to cross a street but there is not a lot of traffic there. If you enjoy swimming, you will love the 2 pools the hotel offers.

The room I have came with a double bed and a single bed. There was a shower caddy with shampoo, conditioner, gel and lotion. There is also a large tub in the bathroom. The hotel provides toothbrush, razor, hand soap and a small sewing kit.

Breakfast is from 6:30 to 10:30 and it has a large number of dishes such as egg dishes, fruit, salad, ice cream, thai dishes, potatoes, etc., several juices, coffee choices and milk. The staff at the restaurant were amazing, specially the manager Mr Saokeaw P and a lovely lady who was there at almost every breakfast taking great care of me named Malichat Kumjunjong. I wish I knew the name of the rest of the crew to praise them individually. They also took care of the pool chairs and towels. It was a joy going swimming.

The staff at the front desk and the greeters were extremely polite and helpful . I only know 3 of them by name: Edward, Mary and Michael. But there are others who I should also thank.

The hotel is under some renovations so you can hear some hammering during the day. It was not bad at all.

The only thing that was the shocker were the prices. Karon Beach, where the hotel is located is a classy area, apparently. Food, drink, everything is expensive. If you walk up towards Phuket for about 10 minutes, you get to a commercial area that offers food and shopping. Prices are more reasonable there. The big cost that is unavoidable is taxis and tuk tuks. It is extremely expensive compared to Bangkok. It seems like someone is keeping those prices up since in Phuket City, we found taxi prices to be more reasonable since they are regulated.

I really enjoyed my time there in Karon Beach and the hotel since it is a family area. I hope to be able to return again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Tim S
AndamanSeaview, General Manager at Andaman Seaview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Tim S,

Warm Greeting from Andaman Seaview Hotel.

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination and I am delighted to read that your overall stay was a relaxing and memorable.

I have already passed along your comments to Mr. Saokaew, Malichat, Edward, Mary, Michael as well as our entire team.

Thank you once again for staying with us.

It would be my pleasure and also my team to welcome you back to Andaman Seaview Hotel for a future visit to Phuket with gracious Thai hospitality.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

i used to travel alone and this hotel really made my vacation full of great experiences . from checkin to checkout was so amazing. everyone seems very professional in what they are doing. many tnx to reception staff for such a kindest friendship specially to micheal and edward. keep up the good works and ecxited to recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: 4th floor facing the beach is good.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank bezane a

Dear bezane a,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for sharing your comments with us.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel and the facilities which make you far more enjoyable.

I have already passed along your comments to Micheal, Edward as well as our entire team.

Looking forward to welcome you back here again soon to Andaman Seaview Hotel.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at the Andaman seaview hotel Karon beach Phuket from 02/06/14 till 11/06/14. We had read a mix of reviews before our visit so were unsure what to expect . On arrival at the hotel the reception staff were friendly, informative and so welcoming just a few names to thank from reception Mr Michael who all through our stay was more than capable of assisting us with any query his work attitude was outstanding also Edward, and Matta a big thanks to you all . The room we had was a pool access room which we loved had everything in it required for our stay and if required cleaned and linen changed on a daily basis. While routine maintenance was being carried out during our stay disruption was kept to a minimum any issues with the safe or room was dealt with efficiently and quickly.The Breakfast was equal to none every nationality was catered for with plenty of everything . The evening menu also covered Thai cusine and also western food which were both good food and reasonably priced. The staff in the restaurant were also eager to please and a special thanks to Mr Wannarat Ninsan and Saokeaw ( sorry if I have spelt it wrong )for their excellent service . Our overall experience of this hotel is one of pleasure and calm so thank you it was just what we needed .

Room Tip: we had room 111 pool access shaded am sun pm
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank vigerry

Dear vigerry,

Warm Greeting from Andaman Seaview Hotel.

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I am delighted to read that you have a great holiday with us.

I have already passed along your comments to Michael, Matta, Edward, Wannarat, Saokaew as well as our entire team.

Looking forward to welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

After staying in Patong for 1 week, Karon was a welcome relief with all the benefits of shopping, beach access, massage, tourist attractions without the chaos. The Seaview resort is certainly eye catching with its white buildings a contrats with the beautiful blue of the pools and lovely green garden dining area. It was certainly a lovely resort to relax by the pool, monkey around in the other pool at the bar, chill after dinner being serenaded by the entertainers by Dennis & Grace , and enjoy the 100baht cocktails during Happy hour.

Unfortunately we got off to a bad start with very disorganised arrival service and generally the service deteriorated from there. It took over 1/2 hr to get allocated our rooms and even then, people in our group were given the wrong rooms. Our key did not work and it took 3 trips up and down to reception to finally get one to open the door. This key only worked once and then shortly afterwards we were locked out of our room for nearly 40 mins in the stuffy heat whilst staff tried to work out why the electronic locks were not working. The airconditioner thermostat was actually broken and could not be changed from freezing cold. Both of us ended up sick with a chest infection and throat infection which we attributed to the fault. When we asked for it to be fixed, maintenance came up and "fixed" it with no change apparent. We ended up turning it off most of the time and woke up with everything soppy wet because of the humidity (at least they provided slippers for the wet floor!). With the language difficulty, we gave up asking for it to be fixed. Another issue was the bath tub plug that had no o-ring in it to seal the plug hole. After asking for this to be fixed, maintenance dutifully turned up with grout and repaired the hole in the shower floor instead but disregarded the plug issue. We ended up swapping a plug with another room so a bath could be had. It was easier to do it that way.

It all sounds very dismal and we are usually not negative, but our experience was definitely spoiled by these issues.

On a good note, the shining light of the visit was definitely Michael and Mary who were both effective, personable, friendly, helpful, professional, and lovely young people staffing the front desk at reception. Both of them had excellent communication skills and very good English which was outstanding. We were grateful for them. The resort did provide nightly entertainment and themed dinners which enticed conversation, playfulness and mixing of patrons & staff which was good.

I don't believe we would choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ranee W
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Very nice hotel directli on the beach rooms are ok the breakfast are very good you have 20 warm dices an a lot of other things service was berry good , have I a question a ask Michael he are very friendly and he have help me very match ! The hotel became from me 4,0 star's !

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank fdjkskelw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Seaview Patong Hotel
#18 of 338 in Patong
Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa
Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Andaman Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!