“Great for kids”

Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Ranked #67 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Heaps of things to keep the kids entertained - playground , slides lots of pools and room to kick the football. Breakfast was sufficient, wouldn't say great. Coffee was terrible and juices horribly sweet! Pretty much the same every day - noodles, rice, ham, a potato dish, little sausages, noodle broth, toast, eggs, pineapple and watermelon, some cereals,and something like pancakes.

The room also had a really bad musty smell the entire time. Very basic rooms. Get a ground floor room if you have kids.

Heaps of restaurants on the street. Can recommend Steve's across the road if you are after some yummy western food, or right next door (can't remember the name) we got lots of take out from there and ate on our patio. Easier with grumpy toddler than him screaming in a restaurant!!

The taxi prices both inside and outside ridiculous prices - with no bartering even a little! Prices have been set extremely high by someone ! We gave them a miss refusing to support their price hike and got tours with transfers included or walked around. Phuket dino mini golf is a nice walk away and the kids loved it.

Good if you have kids and not expecting much from the room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Taurusa16

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very beautiful hotel area, like a big garden. Lots of nationalities. We always found free sunbeds at any time of day. Activities for children. Room was nice but smelled like mold. I had to throw my coat to bin after trip, the smell didn't jo away in laundry. Breakfast was nice and diverse, evening buffet would have been great if the food wouldn't been cold. The staff was polite and espesially in spa the staff was very friendly!I can consider to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sampukka
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have stayed at this resort twice before and I always love coming back when I am in Phuket. I travelled here with my husband to be, and always think it is our speical place. This place has huge rooms and lucky we had a pool access room which make things a little bit better away from the 3 huge pools which was full of travelling tourists. The beach is located about 50 metres from the entrance of the hotel and local shops, banks, restaurants, chemists, bars etc all along the stretch outside the hotel, perefct location.

Staff can organise day trips to the islands or car hire with a driver and take us around, full crdeit to them.

The staff are amazing at this resort Hotel Porters, front desk staff, bar and waitstaff always had a smile on them. Housekeeping always does a great job rooms are clean and always serviced before we come back each day with fresh towels.

I love the hot coffee the girls make in the coffee shop, even thou the weather is hot a coffee goes down well all the time plus they give you a code for wifi with the coffee always a bonus.

I can't wait to go back I have told all my family and friends when you travel to Phuket stay at Karon beach as it is not as busy as Patong plus the beaches are less crowded and more cleaner than most.

Thanks again Karon Orchid see you again real soon.

Room Tip: Book online to get a great rate!!!!!!!!!!
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pennapa S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am been staying at this resort in Karon beach for the past five years and will be doing again in the near future. The resort has everything you need huge pools, dining area, motorbike parking , coffee shop and all other stores accross the road then only 100 metres to the beach what more we ask for.

Service has been amazing from the moment my taxi arrived to be greeted by the bell boys and to the smiling faces of the front desk team check in was a breeze nothing an issue from the desk staff who remembered me from my past stay. Its a great resort where the staff remain loyal to the company as it was nice to see so many staff who helped me during my previous stayes, well done to Mr Phillip Raiss ( GM ) & Khun Nancy for the treatment of there staff to show them loyalty to remain in this resort, its the staff that make me want to come back.

The rooms very spacious as i was given a pool access room so each day i can open up the sliding door and jump into my very own swimming pool. The rooms are very clean and well spaced making you feel you have loads of space. The only thing missing is a safe machine otherwise international tv and hi speed internet works fine.
Full credit to the housekeeping team for doing a great job not just the room but also around the huge resort it was so clean everywhere you look someone is doing something.

The resort has eveything you need a 3 swimming pools which are huge, great gym and a small coffee shop which the girls there make great coffee love my early morning coffee from them after a nice long walk.

I really enjoyed the selection of food on offer from the breakfast chefs from eggs to soup they had it all. Plenty of smiling staff to offer there service to clear plates nothing a bother to them.

I will use the Orchid hotel at Karon beach again and again

Well done guys keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Try and book a pool access room very enjoyable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 144Dutch78
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at the Phuket Orchid Resort in May 2014 with our 3 kids (5, 7, 10). A fantastic family resort. We had a pool access room which really made our holiday. We relaxed while our kids swam and played in the pool. Lovely buffet breakfast every morning (which our kids loved). 2 mins walk to the beach to watch the amazing sunsets. Lots of interesting day trips which the front office can help book. A special thank you to Miss Nancy. We will definitely be back for another visit.

Room Tip: The pool access room are fantastic.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank ALP9583
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been staying here for many time and we like here very much. The staff are very nice and
very friendly. The hotel have very nice swimming pools and the location is not far from the beach
We always recommended this hotel to all of our friends

Room Tip: The room facing to the swimming pool
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eva p
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Yet another resort in Thailand that you do not have to stay at to use the facilities. I heard about this resort from a mum at the kids school here in chalong. It's a ten minute drive to karon from the chalong circle, not far from the beach. We did not stay here just went for lunch with a girlfriend and our children. Very large resort with several restaurants and pools. The children's pool is complete with a large Waterslide and three smallers slides. Lunch was nice and the staff were attentive.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends