I was cycling my bicycle down from Hua Hin to Phuket to attend a wedding. The wedding party stayed in Karon Beach for 5 days. I stayed at Mellow Space for the 5 day period. When I cycled into Karon Beach I had no clue where to go, so I called the number that was listed for Mellow Space. I got through to Mark, the British owner, who directed me quite easily to where the hotel is.
The first thing I noticed is that the hotel building was extremely new. Mark was on duty and he welcomed me to Mellow Space, he made sure my checkin was quick and painless. I went up to my room and was well impressed by the spacious, clean, inviting room! I had aircon and a lovely bathroom with hot water.
The entire time I stayed I felt like the hotel was homely, I always felt welcome, staff didn't bother me, but were extremely friendly and helpful. I always felt safe as the security at the hotel was solid. I can't criticise anything and for the price I doubt you will beat this experience!
Some tips and advice (ask Mark, he has great advice):
- hire a scooter or a bicycle to get around
- go sight seeing to places like Big Buddha, Aquarium and other beaches
- grab some street food in the evenings across from Mellow Space, especially the Phad Thai stall
- try out Paradise beach, not usually my thing to sit on deck chairs, but was enjoyable
- try Boss Tailors across from hotel if you want some clothing made
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Affordable luxury in Karon Beach, Phuket.Our aim is to bridge the gap between luxury 4 & 5 star hotels and “no nonsense” guesthouses by offering the best of both worlds to the discerning traveller in our well appointed rooms. Our rooms are furnished with unique luxury bamboo furniture from the north of Thailand. The design being different in each room. With quality linen and pillows atop a luxury mattress on a sleek platform bed you are assured a good nights sleep after a hard day! Feel like a night in? All rooms are equipped with TV/audio entertainment (and a mini bar, of course) for your enjoyment.We are just a short stroll from Karon Beach, dining, shopping, nightlife and local amenities. Also, within easy reach of Kata and Kata Noi beaches. Patong with it’s array of international shopping and dining opportunities is just over the hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mellow Space Boutique Rooms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mellow Space Boutique Rooms Phuket/Karon