“Super place to stay in Karon”

and 1 more site!
Mellow Space Boutique Rooms
Ranked #6 of 109 Speciality Lodging in Karon
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Super place to stay in Karon”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Clean, spacious room. Comfy bed. IPod dock. Free wifi. Excellent service. Sasithorn, thank you very much for all your help! When I'm back I'll be staying at mellowspace only.

Mark, though we couldn't.meet you.. thanks for everything:) keep up the fab work!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank shamikaraut
MarkMellow, Owner at Mellow Space Boutique Rooms, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Thank you very much for posting such a complimentary review. I am also sorry our paths didn't cross during your stay, but pleased to hear that you were happy with the assistance / advice provided by our reception staff. I'm also pleased that you mentioned the cleanliness of the room. Whilst we endeavour to respond (and positively react) to constructive criticism, it's also nice to be able to give team members a "pat on the back" sometimes. Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Not having a lot of reviews we were hesitant to book but we did and for the price got a great deal- It was fine for what we paid for it. The sheets and room were clean. The bathroom had some black stuff and the soap dispenser. Was rusty. Also they do not provide shampoo and soap, they only provide it on the first day. For the location and island it is- its fine for a few days.

I would say overall it's a good place, and if you only care about clean sheets this place is just fine.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Daf10
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We're pleased to hear that you were happy with the cleanliness of the room and the price you were charged.
Regarding the things you appear not so happy with;
(1) "black stuff in the bathroom", we're unsure what you're referring to. The floor tiles are sealed with black sealant around the perimeter, so we're not sure if that's it. It's a shame you didn't bring it to my attention when we were having a long chat about the do's and don'ts and why's and wherefores in Phuket. We could have then inspected any "problem" and acted accordingly.
(2) "rust on the soap dispenser", Unfortunately, we aknowledge that there was a little bit of rust around the top of the brushed steel head of the soap dispenser. Upon discovering this, we immediately removed soap dispensers (temporarily) from all rooms. Any signs of rust were removed. We have now included the soap dispensers in our regular inspections.
(3)"Complimentary toileteries upon arrival". We provide soap, shampoo and conditioner as a convenience for arriving guests. However, on subsequent days/nights, we are more than happy to provide further supplies, if requested. As I personally did for you on your 2nd day.
Once again, thanks for taking the time to post a review and helping us improve our service / residence.
Rødovre, Kobenhavn, Denmark
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The good:
Brand new
Nice staff
Good price
Location is good. There are restaurants, bars nearby, and the beach is not too far away.

The bad:
The bed was very soft. Not too good for my back.

The owner also seemed like he would help you with anything. I only stayed here 2 days though so it was never needed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sune J
Thank you very much for posting a review. It's good to know that we're getting most things right.
We're sorry that the bed was a bit soft. Since Thai guesthouses are infamous for their hard beds we decided to opt for good quality "medium-soft" mattresses. However, we appreciate they may not be the best for a bad back. Hope to see you again in the future and hope your back is improving!
Crawley
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

What a nice place with such nice staff and management. Mark, the owner, it a very helpful, genuinely nice guy. The rooms are spacious, spotless, nicely lit, quiet, and dotted with nice little touches, such as an ipod dock/speaker next to the ridiculously comfortable huge bed and a toothbrush holder in the bathroom. Great value for what you get. Don't hesitate, book it!

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank jimbo1969crawley
MarkMellow, Owner at Mellow Space Boutique Rooms, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review and for noticing the "nice little touches"!!
We hope to be welcoming you back soon! Happy flying!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights. The service was excellent, Mark the owner was always available and extremely accomodating with our requests for late check outs, airport taxis and advice on the local areas. The rest of the staff were equally helpful and pleasant.

The rooms are very spaciousand clean, air conditioned and include a fridge and Ipod dock in case you want to have a few drinks in the room.

The location is great just 5 minutes walk from the beach, with a number of restaurants and bars within a few hundred metres. Plus there is a fully stocked co-op type store just opposite the hotel.

Overall highly recommended if you are planning on spending a few nights on Phuket.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bungle1113
Bungle1113, Thanks very much for your positive feedback and for taking the time to post a review. It was our pleasure having you and your family here. Hope to see you again some time in the future!
guildford
Reviewed 24 April 2013

excuse my language in the title but i cant express how nice this place is without the cussing.
Mark was absolutly awesome we changed our dates, our rooms, on multiple occasions and he accomodataed us on all of them and was going out of his way to help us extand our stay even longer(sadly we did not) the rooms are amazingly clean and tidy. we had a twin room eventually. on the 1st floor on the street side and once the door was closed we did not here a thing from the street despite what i was expecting from other reviewers. the room had a decent size tv, dvd player (which i have had to pay extra for in every other hotel i have stayed in thailand), good size bathroom and plenty of room to swing a cat or a lion or a elephant in the main room.the beds may have been the most comfortable i have slept in in thailand.close to the beach 7/11 opposite and plenty of resturants and bars local our pick of the bars was coconut bar opposite to the right

mark thank for accomadting us we very much enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 112scrat1112
Thanks for taking the time to post a review (despite the expletives in the title :)). Thanks also for appreciating our flexibility regarding the changes in your requirements. We understand that plans change and, wherever posiible, we'll do our best to accomodate them. Hope to see you again soon!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I was cycling my bicycle down from Hua Hin to Phuket to attend a wedding. The wedding party stayed in Karon Beach for 5 days. I stayed at Mellow Space for the 5 day period. When I cycled into Karon Beach I had no clue where to go, so I called the number that was listed for Mellow Space. I got through to Mark, the British owner, who directed me quite easily to where the hotel is.

The first thing I noticed is that the hotel building was extremely new. Mark was on duty and he welcomed me to Mellow Space, he made sure my checkin was quick and painless. I went up to my room and was well impressed by the spacious, clean, inviting room! I had aircon and a lovely bathroom with hot water.

The entire time I stayed I felt like the hotel was homely, I always felt welcome, staff didn't bother me, but were extremely friendly and helpful. I always felt safe as the security at the hotel was solid. I can't criticise anything and for the price I doubt you will beat this experience!

Some tips and advice (ask Mark, he has great advice):
- hire a scooter or a bicycle to get around
- go sight seeing to places like Big Buddha, Aquarium and other beaches
- grab some street food in the evenings across from Mellow Space, especially the Phad Thai stall
- try out Paradise beach, not usually my thing to sit on deck chairs, but was enjoyable
- try Boss Tailors across from hotel if you want some clothing made

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view, the street view rooms are noisy, but nothing a pair of earplugs...