“Amazing experience!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 132 Hotels in Karon
San Francisco, Mexico
“Amazing experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

One of my best trips! The reception was very helpful, the room very clean, all pools were absolutely clean and nice specially time of sunset, the breakfast was very rich! I will come back for sure! I suggest it definitely!!

Room Tip: all type of rooms are nice!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The Management M, Manager at Mandarava Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Khun pamela c,
Thank you for spending your specious time review us on trip advisor. It's our utmost appreciation to learn you enjoyed with a wonderful time with us and hotel is met with your holidays expectation.

Please feel free to contact us to help you plan your next holidays back to Phuket, Karon beach.

Alex P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Wow. This hotel is simply stunning. The staff are fantastic.

On arrival we were warmly greeted by saeeda at reception and then taken to our room. The hotel is recently built and everything still appears new.

The rooms are comfortable and elegantly decorated. There are a few short falls however.

The hotel is located far from Karen beach. You have to take the hotel shuttle at fixed times if you wish to go to the beach. For me personally I found the beach to be over crowded and avoided it completely. Instead I spent most of my days on the various tours. There is also no nearby convenient store.

The hotel is located on a small hill. As such, there are plenty of small slopes to contend with. Don't distress, if u are unable to tackle the slopes, the hotel shuttle is readily available to take guests to their rooms. This hotel does not accommodate for children.

The breakfast was disappointing in the sense that they did not cater for halal even though it was requested prior to booking.

Stunning hotel. Excellent staff. Average location. Young couple looking for a quiet relaxing holiday and willing to brave the inclines, book here, you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anoor
Dear Khun Anoor,
Thank you for sharing your holidays feed back with us. We are delighted to learn hotel is met with your expectation and you enjoyed your stay. Point mentioned of halal has been noted and will seriously look into for solutions.

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I recently booked a 4 day break at the Mandarava based on its location, the large amount of quality reviews and photos. In reflection, and coming back to Trip Adviser, it really did live up to everything I thought it would be.

Location: Ten minutes down the hill to Karon Beach, and a 15 minute (350 THB) trip into Patong, and similar to Kata. For me, this was ideal. Close to all the ideal tourist spots and beaches, yet far away enough to feel somewhat removed to feel relaxed and enjoy quiet hillside surrounds. One note, the property is built on the hillside, which allows it to have a waterfall and water features that are really beautiful, however, requires walking up and down a number of steps to access rooms, pools, restuarants.

Rooms: I was really impressed with the style, wrap around balcony with outdoor rocking chairs, looking out to the ocean. I stayed in a Panoramic room overlooking the pool. After walking around the property, I would suggest the higher up / further up the hill rooms would be better than the ones at the bottom of the hill. The level of cleaning was very high. I sat on my balcony one afternoon and noticed the cleaners in the room opposite. I was very impressed about the level of detail they put into cleaning, even the balcony, chairs etc. We had a King Size bed, I did find the mattress to be very hard, and personally would prefer a softer mattress, however, this is down to personal preference.

Pools: Lovely, sizable infinity pools. The main pool did show signs of tiles chipping off and needed a small amount of repair, but otherwise very good. There was a shortage of deck chairs, but as people came and went you could usually secure one. There is also a pool bar for each of the pools. Possibly the only one major gripe I had with the resort was the cocktails. Incredibly weak, and the measure of alcohol used was low - I watched them being made many times, and I also noticed a number of other guests complain about this. My advice would be to avoid buying alcohol here, unless it is beer. Given the typical Thailand standard of free pour etc, you may want to look outside this resort for drinking options.

Service: Excellent. Staff here were just really welcoming, polite, accomodating and always there to help. Service was consistantly attentive. You never had to ask twice for anything.

Restuarant: The breakfast buffet was of a high standard, with everything I could every need (and much more). The Thai food, especially the Prawn Tom Yum was truely delicious. I also recommend the plentiful club sandwich. Service, again, was excellent.

Final thoughts: I believe the Mandarava is a fine resort, nestled close to everything yet far enough away to be removed from it all too. The service was exceptional, rooms were large and clean and the food very good. I did get the feeling that this resort did not want to attract the Patong party going crowd, however, given the lack of a bar/ entertainment/ music and the fact that the pool bars were serving weak drinks by Thailand standards. For my purposes, I was very happy and would have no hessitation to recommend for a relaxing break.

Room Tip: I would suggest the higher up, Panoramic rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chris J
The Management M, Owner at Mandarava Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Khun Chris J,
Thank you for sharing how you thoughts with Mandarava resort & Spa. We are really happy to learn hotel is met with your expectation and you enjoyed your stay. All the points mentioned here has been noted and will be seriously look into for solutions. Your great compliments message will be conveyed to all team members.

Your great contribution to share how great we are with friends and family members will be much more appreciated.

Please feel free to contact us to help you plan your next holidays back to Phuket and Karon beach

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights here and really loved the pool areas and rooms. The staff is attentive and very service minded.

The place is fairly long walk from the beach. And the road is not to nice to walk down. The hotel offers a shuttle for free of course.

It suited us fine, since we preferred to lay by the beautiful pools during the day and not on the crowded Karon beach.

The breakfast and smoothies were delicious and the lunch at the restaurant was good.

A good value for money 4 star hotel imo

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sune N
The Management M, Manager at Mandarava Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear Khun Sune N,
Thank you for sharing your holidays experienced with us. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed with a wonderful 4 nights stay. The entire team will be shared with your great compliments

Wamrest regards,
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

My partner and I have just returned from our first holiday in Phuket where we stayed at Mandarava Resort and Spa for almost 2 weeks. The resort is asbsolutely beautiful with extremely friendly staff willing to help you with all your needs. I don't think I can fault them at all to be honest other than the location being slightly away from Patong which is where we spent most of our time, although it was nice to have some peace and quiet away from Patong night life. I would however recommend the hire of a scooter to save on taxi fares which is what we will definitely be doing when we return. I know I will definitely be staying there in the future and would recommend to all travelling to Phuket.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maddie G
Dear Khun Maddie G,
Thank you for speding your specious time review us after your first 14 nights holidays in Phuket.
With our great pleasure to know you totally enjoyed and hotel is met with your holidays expectation. A word to recommend us to others are really appreciated.

Please feel free to contact us to help you plan your next holidays and we look forward to serve you again in a near future.

Ruesselsheim, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

It was our first trip to Thailand and we enjoyed our 4 night stay in Mandarava Resort and Spa very much. We booked the transfer from and to the airport directly through the hotel. Even if this might be a bit more expensive than the offers at the airport it is very convenient (we were offered cooled towels and cold water) and therefore recommendable. Our Tropicana Suite had an appropiate size and was very comfortable. Two complimentary bottles of water are offered by the hotel every day. What we have to complain is that we found stains on the bed linen and pool towels several times. The garden of the hotel is very beautiful and you can hear many crickets and frogs day and night. We did not worry about climbing all the stairs to reach the pools, restaurant or lobby from our room and also it did not matter to us that it is like a 15-minute walk to the beach. You can use the free shuttle service offered by the hotel serveral times a day. The pools, water temperature and pool beds are great but it is not that easy to find some free pool beds if your are not that early in the morning (like 10am). The thai food offered in Chom Talay restaurant was awesome and the service great. We had problems with the Wifi and the friendly staff tried to help us immediately. Nevertheless I had problems with it our whole stay but the mobile phone of my partner was working after the help of the staff. We recommend training the staff a little bit more in English as it was sometimes difficult to communicate. Overall the hotel exceeded our expectations and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun Daniela H,
Thank you for spending your specious time shared with us your holidays experiences. I'm terribly sorry about an inconvenience caused and has been taken note of all minor points mentioned here and to find solutions for that. It's our great pleasure to learn overall you enjoyed your holidays with us.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I absolutely loved my stay here in Thailand. The resort is beautiful and maintained so well. We stayed in the Tropicana Superior room and couldn't fault it. It was just like the photos!

We did encounter a communication issue with the staff at the hotel one night when my boyfriend and I were sick. But when we had to organise a taxi later in our stay, they organised everything for us and allowed us to charge the taxi fee to our room (we didn't have any thai baht at this point).

The pools in the resort are lovely! Three infinity pools at the perfect temperature. We spent most of our afternoons at happy hour in the Mango Pool. The bar staff there were amazing!

The resort does have a lot of stairs, but we didn't have an issue with this. But I could see it being an issue for older people.

The buffet breakfast had a lot of variety and was perfect.

Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
The Management M, Manager at Mandarava Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Khun Jetsetter717,
Thank you for sharing your great review after your holidays. I'm sorry for an inconvenience caused with a communication, however it went well at the end. We are really happy to learn you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the holidays.

Please feel free to contact us when you finalize your next holidays plan back to Phuket

Hope to serve and see you again sooner.

Alex P.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Novotel Phuket Kata Avista Resort and Spa
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket
Navatara Phuket Resort
Amatara Wellness Resort
Amatara Wellness Resort
#3 of 12 in Cape Panwa

Been to Mandarava Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!