“What a waste of money!”

Mali Chic Beach Front Karon
Ranked #177 of 377 Restaurants in Karon
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Thai
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The most awful food
I feel truly sorry for the staff, they are trying their best but ........
Normally anywhere in Thailand, theThai food is reliable - tasty, fresh and full of flavour.
Here they achieve none of the above.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We decided to eat here because we saw they had a few different locations and thought this must mean they were good. We were so wrong!

We ordered two dishes - a parma ham & rocket pizza, and a chicken pasta with cream sauce. The pizza came out with lettuce and bacon on it instead of parma ham and rocket, definitely not what we ordered. The waitress said we could order something else to replace it, which then also came out incorrectly. By this time we had been there for nearly an hour so we ended up just eating the second incorrect pizza.

The chicken pasta dish was stone cold. They took it back and warmed it up, but the pasta was still lacking some of the key ingredients that were listed in the menu.

When we came to leave, they bought our bill with the first AND second pizzas on it. We asked to speak to the manager, and got the head waiter. He said the manager would be there in 5 minutes when we complained that we had been charged for an incorrect pizza that we didn't eat. Instead of calling his manager, he called the police!!!

They caused a huge scene in the restaurant, spoke no English, attempted to arrest us!!! all over one pizza which the head waiter had bought back to the table. In the end we paid for the extra pizza to avoid being arrested. This is hands down the worst restaurant and service I have ever experienced, DON'T EAT HERE!!!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

We were 9 people. 8 dishes was cold and the steak was raw.

The servants was nice and we got a new round of food, but some dishes was again cold.

Can't blain the wonderful servants, but the chef sucked!

Not recommended! We told the manager about their problem. Maybe they'll get better?

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Came here for Xmas eve dinner, I had my main course sitting on the table when I hadn't started my starter, my girlfriend was given her main course and when she was half way through it received her starter, my father was waiting at least 20 mins for his main course after receiving his starter. And on top of all this the food was absolutely terrible, some undercooked, some burnt and some just terrible altogether. Avoid if possible.

1  Thank Ross H
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We tried this restaurant after eating at a different Mali restaurant earlier in the trip. This is very poor. The service was slow and they look disinterested. My wife ordered a steak and it seemed like it was old meat and not very good. This restaurant for the price is worth avoiding.

1  Thank Saint_Alks