We spent our 35th wedding anniversary at this wonderful resort hotel. The hotel is located on the southwest side of Phuket Island in a thickly planted site on the bluff above the south end of Karon Beach. Plan ahead, it is a 90 to 120 minute ride via hotel van from the airport due to major road construction on the center of the island near Phuket city. No worries though, comfortable, van ride give you time to see the wide range of environs as you drive through plantations, villages, cities and hills to get to Karon Beach area. The hotel grounds are spectacular. After a gracious welcome with tea and refreshing towels, we were guided to our suite which overlooked the full length of Karon Beach. There are beach view and jungle view accommodations. Our suite had an entry, bedroom area, spacious bath and a sizable deck. The room was decorated with roses throughout to welcome us. Very nice. The grounds have elevated walkways through the jungle between the beach suites and the pool area where the breakfast buffet is served. Delicious food and beverages. We dined at their Restaurant on the Rock for two nights and ate in town at a wonderful Italian and Thai restaurant the other nights. We wanted to relax on this part of the trip and the most beautiful beach is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Be prepared to pay 200 Baht for a pair of lounge chairs and an umbrella, totally worth it. The water is clear and warm and the sand is smooth and clean. Vendors will stop buy to offer all manner of artwork, clothes, drinks and massages. The rooms are beautiful in dark wood decor with wifi, refrig and coffee maker. the pool is a great way to cool off after a hard day of sunning at the beach (swim up bar included). Cheers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Phuket Resort is perched on a headland at southern end of Karon, among the finest of Phuket's famous west-coast beaches. The Deluxe Villas overlook the beach and the Andaman Sea. All guests have direct access to Karon Beach and can enjoy snorkeling right out front of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Phuket Hotel Karon
- Marina Phuket Karon
- Marina Phuket Resort Karon