“Great Hotel Value for Money.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Phuket Island View

Phuket Island View
Ranked #78 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Auckland
“Great Hotel Value for Money.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

Great Hotel just across the road from the beach, excellent Breakfest included in room rate each morning, very close to local Restaurants & shops, frendly staff & room made up each day.
Will stay here again when back next year.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nigdeb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel together with my sister in July 2011. The overall impression is quite good, rooms are okay, but I could not but notice that the hotel badly needs some renovation. Half of the jacuzzis in the pool were not working, many once beautiful statues in the garden were now shabby and gray. Also during our visit one of 3 pools was not working at all for no reason and the biggest one is too shallow from my point of view.
This hotel is good if you are on a budget but I personally would not return.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Limerick, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

I had the pleasure of staying here for a night , the hotel was fine , I had paid for 3 nights and had to leave after the first day on buisness , I WAS TOLD , my card would be refunded the 6000 baht in three days as I was staying in an exec bungalow .. I still waiting , every email has been ignored and every call I am told i will have my money in a week as it takes that long to process , also I was told the management were in america and they were the only people who could refund onto crdit cards .. everyone knows it takes 5 working days max not 2 months .. do not pay by credit card if your on buisness and have to leave you will not get your money back ......

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 186621Andy
pakavadee, General Manager at Phuket Island View, responded to this review, 18 June 2011
Dear Andy
After reading your comment, I can thoroughly understand why you are running out of patience. While it would be easy to make refund by credit card transfer however, as per my record we already asked our bank to process your refund since last month.
Please send your information detail; full name, period of stay directly to me at gm@phuket-islandview.com. I am sure that I will check it out for you immediately.

Please accept my apology for the delay in refunding your money. I am grateful that your report us about the problem. Once again, I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Best regard ,
Phuket Island View
Lismore, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

We have recently returned from another stay at Phuket Island View Hotel, this time for seventeen nights. From the moment we arrived it felt like we were home, familiar faces, familiar surroundings and of course the wonderful Thai hospitality. We were literally greeted with 'welcome home' upon arrival. The room was comfortable and located at the back of the property overlooking the main pool area. The fruit platter on arrival was a nice touch and was devoured in no time at all. The room was serviced daily and fresh pool towels also provided. This hotel offers everything that we look for; beach across the road, affordable, clean rooms and grounds, safe quiet location (in comparison to other areas of Phuket), fantastic staff and endless dining options outside of the hotel. When returning to Phuket we would not even consider staying anywhere other than Phuket Island View Hotel. I hope to be back in 2012.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank clayster
Cape Town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2011

We chose this hotel because of it's location and good rates. Across the road from the beach and great swimming pools (especially the swim-up bar with its built in jacuzzi's and fountains).
My husband and I stayed here at first for 2 nights. After a short trip we returned for another 3 nights. Whilst we were gone they looked after our luggage at no extra cost.

The staff was very friendly and at all times acknowledged our presence.

The room was nice and spacious with refrigerator and air-conditioner. Private patio overlooking one of the pool areas.2 bottles free water everyday.

Breakfast was great.

Will definitely be back next year

The only negatives: 1. the bathroom is too dark.
2.The pillows were way to hard . I will take my own pillows next time and it affected our quality of sleep.

Room Tip: Top floor room if you are able to handle steps
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank arwaCapeTown
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

It's great hotel for this price, near the wonderful beach. It's really good location. Karon is not so noisy as Patong, but if you want great night life, so you need just 350 bath and 20-30 minutes and you are there. Rooms are very clean and well-equipped (excepr shower:-). Staff are polite and ready to do everything you want. There are a lot of massage centers, cafes and shops you can visit in the middle of the day. So if you need very nice hotel in the lovely place, not very high price, Phuket Island View is a very good variant.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

This is a very nice hotel in a good location. Karon is not as rowdy as Patong (from what I hear as we didn't go there) but still has a good nightlife (try and find the Reggae bar back off the main road!) and a nice beach. The hotel is at the southern end of Karon beach which means you can easily walk over to Kata. The hotel is nice with a good restaurant and bar and the breakfast is good. The pools are very good, especially the big pool with swim up bar. The rooms are nice, except the shower is badly designed (you can't really leave it in the holder when on as it makes the entire bathroom wet so you have to either point it at the wall a bit or hold it while you shower). All in all we would recommend this hotel either to families or couples looking for a nice hotel to relax in, close to the beach and nightlife. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple