“Just amazing!”
Review of Phuket Island View

Phuket Island View
Ranked #73 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Me and my boyfriend were here 23 feb to 8 mar and i love it here.
the staff are very friendly and helpfull :),
We had a superior room wich i thought was perfect sincef it was on the 3 floor with a pool view :).

The pools are very nice and pool guys are funny and very service minded.

the hotell is loacted on the end of karon just just 2 min away from kata wich has the most resturants but it has also on the other side as well a lot of shops and resturants.
and its not so far away from yung ceylon (patong) 400 baht with tuktuk or taxi.

I really enjoyed my stay here and i will defenetly come back here .

Room Tip: room 325 is perfect :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChristineNii

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Hotel Phuket Island View is located in Karon Road very close to Karon Beach in Phuket. The hotel has multiple swimming pools and nice rooms. The hotel is having good rooms and very clean bathrooms. There are several shopping, eating and drinking places at a few minutes walking distance from the hotel. The restaurant in the hotel offers multiple cuisines and thai food is good. Overall a good budget hotel to stay in Phuket.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lekisha422
Reviewed 15 January 2013

The hotel has three nice pools and the location is good. You are between in the South of Karon and right by Kata. Plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within easy walking distance and Patong is only 20 minutes down the road. It's also a short walk across to a nice stretch of beach. The room was comfortable enough although a little dark and the lack of free wifi was annoying. The breakfast was quite good and varied too.

Our problem was that we stayed in one of the newer rooms at the back of the hotel which was pretty far from reception and everything else. Avoid these if you can.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms beginning with a 5. These are quite far from reception and other things.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pete79
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My mother and I stayed at the Phuket Island View hotel from December 28-30, 2012 for a quick weekend trip.
Pros:
- great location, just a quick walk across the street and you're right on Karon Beach
- 3 pools, spa on site
- restaurant had a large selection of food to order
- breakfast was included

Cons: After spending 2 weeks in Bangkok, I found the service at this hotel horrendous. When checking in (we booked through Booking.com), we were handed a bill for a 2nd night, which was fine, but when I was looking it over, the woman at the front counter (only one without a name tag) was grabbing it away from me like a child, because a paper of hers was attached. And the credit card machine wasn't working... and that pretty much set the tone.
- the restaurant tables aren't wiped clean ever, they simply swipe a swiffer-type wand over the tables between people. They're constantly dirty.
- In the bathroom, after a shower I looked at the side of the toilet and it hadn't been cleaned in weeks.
- there were long brown hairs on my bed after it was cleaned, looked like someone took a nap there (my hair is blonde).
- When we checked in, one of the staff took us to find our room - probably 4 ramps/stairs later, I had to ask him to carry my mother's small wheeled luggage as she was having trouble with it, and he reacted like I had asked him for a liver.
- on our last day, we checked out in the morning but had a day trip before an evening flight. We used the "showers" at the spa when we got back - no hot water and no drainage - all of our luggage got soaked before our flight.

I get that it was just before New Year's and it was busy. Bottom line: if you're looking for a nice location, decent property, and good pool selection - for the price, you can't beat this. But don't expect decent service or anything above mediocre otherwise. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2012

The Bungalows are great, excellent value for money if you can get a deal! Staff are very friendly and helpful

Location is right next to Karon Beach, Kata Beach is only a short walk/tuk-tuk/scooter ride away.

Would recommend and will go again

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Phuket island view karon beach
On first impressions this place looks pretty good. Don't get me wrong it is adequate but not great. There are 3 pools its near the beach it's quiet and the rooms are okay, if you like bright green (painted) walls and breakfast is included, which again is okay. This hotel is used mainly by Russian package tourists and I think we were the only English there. Not that this bothers me because we pretty much keep ourselves to ourselves when we are on holiday.
The things that I didn't like were you get charged ( quite a lot) for wifi, there are no safes in the rooms, they are at reception and chargeable. You get 1 pool/beach towel each in your room, which is good but they are not big enough for the beds by the pool so you have to put you flesh on the boiling bed. When you ask for a second the reply is " No can't have". Lastly the staff didn't seem that friendly or interested to be honest.
I didn't eat anything but breakfast at the hotel because of the wifi issue. I strolled just along the road to the hungry corner restaurant and ate there. The place looks a bit like a British cafe but the food was good, the service was great and it was reasonably priced. On top of that they had free wifi. Now had the hotel offered this I would have probably eaten there and they would still have made a profit.
One thing I did find strange was that all the things I've mentioned seem to be cost cutting measures but there is no key card in your room to cut the power when you leave it so you can leave your aircon and lights on all day.

Room Tip: Karon Beach is a bit like Southend on sea, kata noi or Kata beach would be a better choice
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Trojan263
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Phuket island view

We stayed at Phuket island view for one night before our journey out to ko phi phi. We wanted somewhere reasonably priced and pleasant. We paid only £30 for the room from hotels.com.

It cost 750 baht in a taxi from Phuket airport and it was approximately an hour drive. Upon arrival we were handed a cold drink at reception and we were checked in quickly. Our bags were taken to the room and after a quick change we were soon in one of the pools.

The pools were lovely and it was fairly quiet. We enjoyed a pleasant swim. Our room was comfortable and well equipped. We had complimentary toiletries and a balcony.

The beach is just over the road although it seemed quite busy but looked lovely for swimming. There are several shops and a mini market around the corner which we bought drinks from to have on our balcony.

We ate at the hotel's restaurant which sadly we do not recommend!! We were looking at the menu for several minutes before someone actually came over to seat us. It took a while before our order was taken and we ordered two small beers, two starters and two mains. Our drinks came out and were wrong but we let it pass. Then we waited a while and they tried to serve the food for the people next to us to us. They received one of their mains then they brought out my main leaving my rice on the next table. Confused as I was expecting my starter we sent it back. They then left my food on the side, served the table next to us then brought out my main and a few minutes later my other half's food. They then brought over the rice for mine which was by this time cold and had spent ten minutes either sat on the table next to us or on the side! Needless to say I asked if I could have it warm! They then took the rice away and reheated it and then asked if we wanted our starters as well to which we obviously said no!
We were told by a member of staff that they were sorry but they were two members of staff down. That would have been fair enough had there not only been four tables occupied at the time!! And more staff than that!! Not a good experience.

Thankfully breakfast was much better and there was plenty of choice - toast, cooked breakfast, cereals, fruit, yoghurt and Asian food. It was very pleasant.

Overall it is very good value for the price, but avoid the restaurant in the evening!

• Stayed: October 2012