Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I didn't stay in the hotel so can't comment but we ate here and my advice is DO NOT! The service was absolutely shocking - they forgot my order and my husband had already eaten. When I complained it was like water off a ducks back. He also got really bad food poisoning from the so called 'fresh seafood'.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Tracey C
Reviewed 7 August 2012

For the price, I expected less but it is budget all of the way. Two single, rock hard beds, glasses that were never changed even when I took them down to reception (we were using them for drinks each night). I ended up washing them in the sink with the soap....

No where can you get ice but make it with the bottles of water left in the room - not very convenient. Just give me an ice machine for heaven's sake. I asked if I could get ice and I was told there was a charge.

The rat at the pool in the evening was interesting. I tried to tell the other people sitting there about the rat but they spoke Russian. We finally told them "Mickey Mouse" and explained in English/Russian they have seen many at the hotel....yikes.

Minus the rat, the pool is nice but not enough sun beds or umbrellas. the huge golf umbrella in the hotel for us non-sun lovers was a nice touch and I thought the breakfast was great. Cereal, fresh fruit, egg station, yogurt and noodles - plenty to fill your face with.

This hotel is ACROSS the road, as are almost all properties in Phuket. You will pay 200 Baht for two sun beds no matter where you go. Wasn't too impressed with Karon Beach but it was monsoon season and the garbage was blowing up on the beach and in the water. What a pity.

The kite flyers at this beach were cool though. This hotel is a good hike to many places but we managed to walk/tuk tuk everywhere and then get away from the madness. If you want budget, this place should do...just bring a cooler to store your ice!!!!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Its an average hotel in Karon. Right by the beach, and the rooms is really nice. The food in the restaurant isnt anything special, and the staff aint nothing at all.We had stayed for 5 min and the "bag man" asked us to buy something illegal, and that was not a good experience. If you would have a ok+ hotel in Karon, its ok to stay here. 1 min to the beach, and 3 min to city centre. Although id rather stay in Patong.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Let me start by saying that the location of this hotel is great. It is right on the beach, and just outside the hustle and bustle of famous Patong. The rooms are huge and pretty well kept. However we experienced the worst service...

We had to depart our hotel for the airport very early, at 6 am. The day before we prebooked a taxi with the front desk and told them we would need to check out early. The next morning we got to the desk at about 5:50 am, and no one was at the desk. We had to get the women who were setting up breakfast in the restaurant to wake up the front desk attendant and the bell hop who were sleeping on the lobby couches. We then had to wait for the front desk man to check the mini bar in a room. We waited, and we he returned I was ready to pay but he kept saying he had to check the mini bar again for some reason... This time he sent somebody else (we didnt even touch a thing from the mini bar!) By this time, our taxi is waiting. By the time he allowed us to pay for the room and officially check out it was 6:20. We were very disappointed with the lack of friendliness and service at this hotel.

Don't eat at the restaurant either, as they have live music which is played so loudly you can't even think let alone have a conversation with anybody. The food is quite average.

The beach was also a let down. Although we were there in the low season so the sea was quite rough and we weren't allowed to swim because of rip tides. The beach was covered in garbage, everything from old shoes, shampoo bottles, to paint cans, syringes, and pill bottles. You can actually see the garbage washing up to the beach in the waves.

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I travelled with my son to Karon Beach February 2011. Karon Princess Hotel was very nice: room was big and it was cleaned well every day. Cleaner even borught us flowers to room. We got every day fresh drinking water to room as well and filled minibar. Tea, coffee and cocoa was included to price.

Next to road was beach and location was pretty good. Breakfast was wonderful and there was lots of alternatives.

Staff was friendly and we enjoyed a lot staying here. Only one minus thing was that pools were dirty. Kids pool smelled like dog food...I don´t even want to quess what was in the water.

Anyway, I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Date of stay: February 2012