“Great place to relax !”

Karona Resort & Spa
Ranked #78 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 23 February 2011

I visited Karona resort with my female friend and we liked it a lot ! Great ocean view from room 509 and rooms very tidy and nice. Beds were comfortable and wide. At breakfast you had a lot to choose from and we ate also 3 times at the hotel in the evening, always great food ! Hotel offered live music every night and friday was boxing/fireshow- night. Hotel has its own tailor and massage and we used them both. Prices were of course little higher than on the street-side, but the tailor we liked especially ! Only downsides for Karona were quite small and shallow pool and many steps around the hotel-area. Location was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Calla76

Reviewed 18 January 2011

We had a great holiday at Karona hotel. The stuff were very nice and helpful. Every morning we had a lovely breakfast with a lot of selections. The pool was ok and every day they had a happy our at 4pm in the pool bar. When my daughter get ill, and we had a doctor coming to our hotelroom, we got from the management stuff, flowers to my daughter... Nice!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank MariaM13
Reviewed 12 January 2010

After all my research on the accommodation in Phuket, finally I have decided to stay here and I enjoyed it very much. Stayed with my friend in this resort. Love the friendliness of the staff and location of this resort. Beautiful room. Just 5 mins walking distance to the Karon Beach which I found it very peaceful, not as busy as Patong beach. 5 min walking distance to the convenient, souvenir stores and Very suitable for honeymooners. Wish I could stay longer...

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank justbabyc
Reviewed 22 May 2009

From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home, with a cold welcome drink while checking in and a free upgrade on our room. I'd booked via a 3rd party website, so I was suprised and delighted with the upgrade, and even more so that the bill was less than I had been quoted online.

The room, a sea view honeymoon room was very nice, with good air con, a great view and everything we needed.

The location is ideal for Karon. You are just a 2 min walk from Karon beach, a 5 min walk to Kata centre, and maybe 15 min walk to Kata beach.

I would absolutely stay here again, and the best thing for me was definately the location.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SammyLux
Reviewed 7 April 2009

This was a very nice place to stay, it is located a couple of mins from the beach in karon, and the beach is lovely.

Amazing weather, amazing people, (except the hard selling hagglers who won't budge - in the shopping areas)

Located opposite a sports stadium, not at all noisy.

Located in karon, which is just south of patong about a 10-15 min cab ride, or tuk tuk ride, I'll be honest we only went on 2 tuk tuks, these are the little cab type things that have no seat belts and the heat and dust is smaking you in the face as you are sped around the roads, we preferred to take the cabs/cars which had air con blasting wonderfully at you.

You can get a cab from the hotel, this is slightly better than going out on the street for a cab.

Also, don't make the mistake that we did. One day we thought that we would walk to patong from the hotel, cause we are fairly fit. My god it is a long walk that is better left to taxis, please trust me.

right the hotel, it is a comfy hotel built around a large swimming pool, which is really nice. There are some rooms that open up to the pool other that require you to go down/up stairs, which is fine. they also have a jacuzzi, mmmmmmmmm. loads of towels are provided.

The restaurant is just below the pool, its on levels, the restaurant is by a large pond/water feature, i did at one point see a couple swimming in it, so it might be a pool, either way it looked lovely.

Only issue was it was open plan so no air con, and a few bugs /ants marching around which i don't like. The food is good, fresh pancakes made to order, all the usual juices, cereals etc, it was nice.

We had dinner here once or twice, was not amazing but still tasty. Thai curry can be hot even for an indian like me. The thai food here was well prepared and presented and very cheap.

The staff were all very helpful and polite.

We wanted the reception to store our passports in their safe, instead we were told to use the safe systems, which was where, we had to pay some money, we were taken to this wall of metal boxes on the wall behind reception and after we put the passports in, we were given a key and told not to loose it, obviously-because we would get fined something like £100 for a key. This was a bit dissapointing as i lived in fear of losing trhis key which was attatched to a flimsy chain. I would have preffered a safe in the room.

you can book excursions from a desk near reception, but don't please. Instead book them from one of the agents in patong, the brochures have a price written down for the trip, but when you book it in patong, they will offer you a price below the listed price, sometimes half , you may have to haggle, but its worth it.

At night there was some karaoke in the restaurant, which was abit irritating only cause of the bad singers, i had to go down and show them how it was done. I came back to the room feeling well impressed with myself. My misses was not impressed with my rendition of Goldfinger with my dramatic camp movements for extra dramatic credibilty. This karaoke may suit you, it may not.

We booked the one of the suites as a treat, it was lovely. can't fault it at all really.
Air con very cool and efficient, nice view. Bed firm and comfy just the way we like it. Tv had poor reception so picture as bad.

Had a little problem with toilet when it became blocked after a number 2, i had to call reception, it was quite embarrassing. This happened twice during our stay.

The other issue was the little lizrady things, we had 4 of them in our room, and i must confess i pooped myself, not literally but the little maintenace guy came along dealt with it with such ease, i thanked him alot.

This hotel is about a 5-6 min walk from the local shopping area, it's not a massive shopping area, but its there all the same. A few nice restaurants. there was a steak house which was ok, it was open plan so there was no air con, which is shame. I like eating food in a cool and bug free space. Especially when it is so hot outside, inside should be inside.

Beach is very nice and bright.

The place to go shopping is patong so it may suit some people to stay closer to the patong area and save on cabs.If that is the case with you , then avoid this area and this hotel. I prefer staying away from the madness so i love karon, the area.

This hotel was overall quite nice, its value for money. Thailand is a great place to holiday and we enjoyed ourselves alot.

Probably wouldn't stay here again, don't get me wrong it was really nice, it just wanted abit more comfyness.

If you go here you will love it, you might have the odd grumble but its nice.

Make sure yo go to PhuketFantasea, go carting, shooting range, james bond island, and elephant trekking.

have fun dudes and dude-ets.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelling_dudeUk
Reviewed 18 October 2008

Really good hotel with a good location (about 100 m to Karon Beach) and great view from the room over the sea and the sunset.

We had a standard room on the top floor. The standard was really good, clean rooms but the bed was a bit hard. The staff was really friendly and funny. Breakfast was really good, a lot to chose from.

I can really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Sepankyla
Reviewed 1 May 2008

We booked this as a last minute package deal through Zuji. Initially a bit worried about the timing as it was meant to be the "wet" month but we got lucky with only 1 afternoon of rain in 4 days.

Karona Resort was pretty good for the price and close enough to the beach where we spent almost all our time. The room size was great, and the balcony was good too. Big enough that we could hang out during the rain without feeling claustrophobic.

Good selection of restaurants nearby and since we were there midweek the beach was empty for the first 3 days - perfect!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family