“Club Med Phuket”

Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Singapore, Singapore
“Club Med Phuket”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My family and I (seven members spanning 3 generations) spent five wonderful days at Club Med Phuket last week. We had three rooms, two of which were adjourning and with a connecting door to enable my two year old grand-daughter to pop into my room every morning. The rooms were fairly comfortable and clean. The swimming pool big enough and the food plentiful. The best part was the beach and sea, especially in the evening towards sunset. Our very first day we were welcomed with a double rainbow! There were enough activities to keep young and not so young occupied. My only disappointment was with the evening shows which were not of a reasonable standard - I did not enjoy them as much as I had in another club med location.
A great plus point is the shops outside where we went for our massages. Really good and most reasonably priced.

Room Tip: If you have a small child, ask for rooms nearer the main reception and dining rooms. If not, the di...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chye L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at club med Phuket Nov2012 had the best time,yes the rooms are in need of work but are clean an tidy,having said that the rest of the Place was great. We are heading back this Friday to spend 2weeks,we might get time to have swim and relax by the pool. As for the food it was delicious and plenty of it see you FRIDAY

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 October 2013

While the place is a little run down and the food quite ordinary, but what sets this place apart is the fantastic staff at the petit club med. our kids aged 8,6, and 3 did not want to leave the village after the week was over. The GOs had tears I their eyes when they were saying goodbye. Truly remarkable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Samsonite911
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Just thought I would write something small as I'm still here. Befor coming I read a lot of reviews with people getting sick here and there kids getting sick. Well it's rubbish on have been here a week now and upset belly is normal in these countries. If you keep clean your body is happy.
Kids are getting sick because they are in a group with younger kids they touch everything that is around them then eat food of course they are going to get sick. My partner and is have a great room with a balcony and it over looks the ocean. We get an amazing sea breeze in the room and we can watch the sun set. They have great selection of food and staff are wonderful to.
For the entertainment it's good not to over the top but enough always something going for both adults and kids.
Yes this hotel has been here for awhile and I'm sure soon they will do a update but for now it's fine for a couple holiday or even a family holiday. The resort is on the beach and opposite some great shops. I recommend this place and I'm sure to stay at another club med again.

Will write a final review soon still have another week.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

First club Med experience. Had low expectations going in, but return home a convert. Although the accommodation is in need of a bit of a face lift, it is comfortable & clean. The balcony in the superior rooms is a bit small, not even getting a table & chairs, but there our gripes end. Baby & Petite Club were both awesome, the staff friendly & attentive. Food was of a much better standard & quality than we were expecting. Free flow booze was a bonus. Overall the resort was great with lots of entertainment that wasn't too in ya face. Lots of fun had by all!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ClubMedAP, General Manager at Club Med Phuket, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear SinBado,

Greetings from Club Med Phuket!

Many thanks for your feedback. I am pleased to read that you truly enjoyed our Resort and all services and inclusions.

Regarding the room / balcony, please note that superior rooms have indeed a Juliette balcony. Our Deluxe Terrace Balcony and Suite rooms do offer larger and furnished balconies or terraces.

Looking forward to welcome you again in Phuket or to another Club Med Resort.

Club Med Phuket – General Manager
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Awesome family holiday experience!
Resort has every thing you need, our 2 rooms in Q block had recently been renovated and was hard to knock. We went in the School holidays (Victorian) for a family get away and what a totally good time the whole family had. We loved the stage entertainment put on by the kids and the GO's each night in the main theatre and the open buffet meals all day complete with endless drinks kept us happy all day.

Favourite Activities: Circus, Golf, Archery, Yoga, Crazy Pool Dancing 12pm every day followed by water volley ball, the Night time pool party was unbelievable plus the Zen Pool while the kids were busy was our piece of paradise away from the whole world.

Our Daughter loved kids club so much we had to drag her away as she enjoyed circus, day time kids activities plus the various competitions. My Son went to Passworld (teenage club) and he met some boys & girls from all over the world and he really enjoyed hanging out with them as they had heaps of laughs. They both loved the GO's in charge of their groups and found it really hard to say good bye at the end of our holiday as they wanted to stay longer. My wife and I found the whole place enjoyable and we are in the process of now deciding when to go again.

We would especially like to thank the following GO's who made our trip so special:
1- Kuma at Circus, 2 - Flo at kids Club, 3 - Melissa at Passworld, 4 - Sasha for great help!

Room Tip: Rooms in Q block were good located half way between Zen Pool, Chu Da restaurant, and the main pool...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank R B
Dear R B,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I can see that one of the highlight of your stay was our kids club and how your children were able to participate in all the activities while mingling with other nationalities. Club Med offers a very multicultural environment and great experience for kids and adults.

I will pass on your thanks to my team members!

Kind Regards,
Club Med Phuket – General Manager
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent the first week of October at this resort and were treated to a great experience. we traveled i a group of 6, my partner, my sister and her husband, my step mother and my 83 year old father !!!! We had already been to Railay Bay in Krabi for 6 days and Patong Bay for 6 days before the 8 day Club Med experience. My father, is mobile and fit but Alvin and Nahid (reception and transport) organised a wheelchair for trips to the golf course and late night trips to the room. He called it his ClubMed Convertible.
It was my second visit to this Club Med, previously in October 2012, and was happy to see some familiar faces and continued exemplary service.
Having been to South East Asia for 11 consecutive years now , we always travel with basic medication for "tummy bugs" and this is by no means a resort problem, it is a seasonal tropical scenario and seasoned travellers will be prepared.
the food was a step up from last year and the quality, presentation and variety was quite superb. If there is one person who cannot find one satisfactory meal at every service, they have culinary issues beyond the resort's control!! The option of al la carte dining at the Cha Du restaurant is a treat and the booking thereof a day in advance is no problem, like going out for dinner anywhere in the world, where one would make an advance reservation.
The GOs we had regular contact with actually made the stay one level better than expected. Particular reference must be made to JoJo who made my dad's golf wishes come true, Nahid and Messa were perfect company with fantastic humour, especially at meals, and were even offered adoption options (in jest by my Dad); Jack was the perfect gentleman and a great host and showman, Danny rocked the snorkelling and social scene, Chanel, thanks for the local hospitaliy, and Pablo who rocked the reception and was great company. To all the others, you made us most welcome and made our visit exceptional. And Ash who kept our bodies physically in shape after many cocktails and all the great food.
The weather was not on our side for some of the stay but we had already had two weeks of great Thailand weather, this is where Club Med made a difference as there was always something to do, not like at a regular hotel.
well done Chief of the Village, we had a MAGNIFICENT time and I hope you can tell this to the staff at your late night meeting !!!
Kevin Reed and Family, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Never mind the odd crits

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family