“Family quality time in Thailand”
Review of Club Med Phuket

Club Med Phuket
Ranked #25 of 136 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We've just had an awesome family holiday at Club Med Phuket.

Hotel & rooms:
Everything is kept very well maintained. The gardens are beautiful. Swimming pools are clean. Rooms are lovely and comfortable and clean. I was impressed with their maintenance team. I phoned twice (once to replace a globe, and once to retrieve a lost earring from the washbasin) and every time they arrived within minutes.

Children:
We never left our children at the kids club because we really wanted to spend time together as a family. But despite that they had a ball of a time. They cater specifically for children foodwise and drinkwise - it was very exciting for my children to be able to order at the bar "cocktails" like Spiderman etc. The staff was so friendly with them and always helping them eg if they couldnt reach something. And they loved the evening shows! I also appreciated the baby room where I could wash and sterilise the baby's bottles.

Food:
Wow! So much variety and everything is very tasteful. The fact that they cater for late breakfast and late lunch really impressed me - it means that you can plan other excursions or sleep in and still enjoy breakfast or lunch at the hotel.

Negatives:
The only gripe that I've had is that they switch off (on a timer) the aircons in the restaurant in the mornings half hour before breakfast closes. And then you could die in there with the heat. Not a pleasure at all to enjoy breakfast like that. I spoke to several staff members about it - including 2 managers - but they just kept telling me that it is a time switch. No one actually took it further and resolved the issue. In my mind I can't understand that they offer breakfast until 11:00 but then they switch off the aircons way before then. This was really the only thing that irritated me during our stay.

We had a great time and I can definitely recommend this holiday to others.

Room Tip: I stayed in the P block which is right opposite the kids club. It doesnt really matter because every...
2  Thank Sarette D
Write a ReviewReviews (3,213)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Last Thursday,my family and I went to the Club Med in Phuket. We went on vacation there. And we had unforgetable memories. Everything was fantastic,including the team of G.O. When I walk on the road,the G.O. always smiled to me friendly. They also chatting and having dinner with us. These days,I want to thanks to Nicole and Zai. They warmly give us many helps.And another G.O,Rino, is kind and enthusiastic from our entering the village to our coming back home. A warm-hearted G.O. is Singh, dance and chat with me every night,thank you. And a cute G.O,Duke,bring joy to everyone. Finally,I just want to say thank you to all of G.O. Especially is Nicole,Zai,Duke,Rino and Singh. Hope I can see all of you next time. :)

Room Tip: The room beside from the beach is beautiful.
3  Thank 葵依 花
Reviewed 17 July 2014

" I had the best time ever, Thanks Dad", My 14 yr old son said. My 8 year daughter cried for 4 hours all the way from club med to bangkok not wanting to leave all those friends she had made during the 6 days we stayed at club med Phuket.
I cannot say enough about the exceptional GO team headed by Mehdi & Jaya. They are a bunch of enthusiastic, multi,talented and service oriented guys who go all the way to make sure the experience is really good. The Sports Team headed by Swapnil and Singh was fantastic. The Guest Relations team headed By Saron & Teresa were most courteous. The circus arts team of Reno, Kerry,Masa, Mackenzie, Wish were unbelievable. Eugene, Kay Ari,Duke, Sheeba,at the mini kids club left a lasting impression on my 8 year old. Abu, Mzala, Kobe at the Bar were gracious hosts. Piw, Ari,Didier, De bonto, Jaya, Stef, , i just cant remember all names but I can tell you, it was the best bunch of guys I have ever met.
The food was exceptional, The shows were entertaining and it was one hell of a party.
Thanks Mehdi, Jaya et al for being such gracious hosts! We had a great time..

Room Tip: the resort is huge. it might be a good idea to stay close to the main activity areas
6  Thank Ravi R
Reviewed 17 July 2014

4th July 2014 is my 2nd visit to Club Med Phuket after 2 years. The village environment still the same, can't mention much here cause it is the smallest club med compare to the nearby region such Bali or Cherating, the room is big but old and its time for renovation. Public beach with strong wave is more for surfing than swimming. Love the cosy Zen pool with privacy and big pool with fun activities all the time. Happy with the buffet served with variety food selection. I enjoyed the most at the bar at late evening with the happening activities.
GO team play the biggest role in this club med, their services are so oriented, they are your best assets. Specially thanks to GOs Fenny, Teresa, Sora, Abu, Singh, Mzala, Zandile, Zai and Marco.Thanks for your kind assistance during my stay. See again!!!

Room Tip: Request for M or L block room, near to all facilities such as reception, restaurant, pool, bar and e...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Thailand and our first time in Club Med. Having read reviews I was a little concerned. I had no reason to be. From the warm greeting at the airport and resort the tone was set for a wonderful stay.
Yes the rooms are a little out dated but the 2 we had were clean, cool and had everything we needed. After all we only used then to sleep and shower.
The food was very impressive with plenty of variety.
The GO's are amazing. Jaya ("more & more difficult"), Singh, Marco, Adi, Josh, Moss, Sun and everyone else I haven't mentioned thank you for you friendliness and enthusiasm. Special thanks to Ryan for encouraging my teenage son's interest in a career in light/sound engineering.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Beckster2903
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My first evening in Phuket I was lying on a couch by the bar napping to stay awake for the World Cup when Mzala, one of the bar staff, called to ask if I was alright. He went on to tell me my name, which football team I supported and which university I was going to. "I remember I saw you last year in the Maldives! You had the same haircut!" - this genuine interest in getting to know guests is what really makes Club Med stand out.
The biggest problems like an occasional lack of hot water and (bizarrely) absence of spoons on the table or otherwise in the restaurant improved markedly once the Chef Du Village returned from a break - I get the impression that the managers are open and quick to act on feedback so do not be hesitant to mention any problems!
I feel obliged to mention the outstanding sports team at Phuket - 'Mr.' Singh, who we also met last year, who makes it his mission to make everyone smile (even when running his fabled aqua gym!), the entire circus team - whose immense talent is matched only by their ability to create fun, and entertainments manager Jaya whose 'it's not finished' catchphrase still punctuates our lives even now we've left! The comedy shows in particular have been outstanding with Reno, Jaya and Kerry always leaving you in stitches.
Finally, ('it's not finished'!), a mention to François and Wish from the circus team who got up at 6:30am in order to see us off and pass me my certificate for completing a catch on the trapeze - your dedication is extraordinary!
Thank you again Club Med!

1  Thank James C
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I'll start with the minos point:
The hotel is 30 years old! Really time for renovations!
Still, rooms are big and everything you need, except no tubs!
BUT, hair products- to die for! Wish I could buy them!!
Everything else on this place is just unreal!
The GO's are unbelievable!! From now on- it's Club Med only!!!
Thank you Teresa, Milk, Ryoko, Senta, Didier, all teen club, mini club and petit club staff, and all those I forgot to mention (sorry), you made this holiday a magical memory that will stay with us forever!
The food is amazing, the pool is amazing, all the activities and services so accurate, the staff so service oriented, amazing shows!!!, and a genuine effort of the staff to make it a perfect holiday!

Room Tip: If you have kids, make sure you are on ground floor (no elevators...) and close to center.
3  Thank Danamom123