“Excellent Friendly resort”

Ranked #43 of 133 Hotels in Karon
Doha
“Excellent Friendly resort”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My Wife, Daughter and I spent 10 days at this resort over Christmas. Unlike other resorts I went to I felt the staff here really tried to help us have a good time. We had a room with a private pool. The bed was fine and the room was well maintained. We also managed to use the main pools and the pool bar was good. We ate a lot in the hotel and although it was not the finest of food it was very satisfactory. Wifi was an issue for a couple of days but was resolved. Overall a great 10 days that we really enjoyed.

Room Tip: There is a lack of fine dining and if you have to travel through Patong it will take a long time in...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday and great to know your highly satisfaction of our resort - from the peaceful location with breathtaking real pool access to our service and facilities.

Thank you, and look forward to welcome you to our resort again in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Let me start with the positives:
1) nothing
Okay now let's start with the negatives which can take awhile:
1) no tooth brush provided for costing 150+ dollars a night and call themselves a 4 star Hotel? What a joke?
2)there were garbage bags in the pool on the day we arrive and it was still there after 4 days and 3 nights! Very clean pool I must say!
3)breakfast was full of flies and cold bacon ham and sausages. Very average and I would not rate it 4 star.
4) we ordered room service which didn't come in a boat... So not what they stated on their website. False advertising much?
5)horrible horrible rudest manager ever for anyone's standard let alone a Thai person who are known for their warmest hospitality. My partner and I checked out at 11:30am as they said they can not do late check out so I said to the receptionist lady if we could leave our luggage there and will return to pick it up at 2pm. She said it is fine. They asked me to pay off bills during our stay at the hotel so I said fine but they give me a total of 600 baht of a total with no details at all or showed our signatures. At the same time there were a couple at the reception desk who got over charged so I just wanted to make sure that the bills they charged to me was correctness So I said to the manager how about you search for the receipt while my partner and I go to the beach and when I come back to pick up my luggage I can pay off the bill? (It was our last few hours in Phuket and we were going on our separate ways back to different country for work. We wanted to max out our time as much as we can) . And OMG! His reply to me was are you running off with the bill? I'm goin to call the police. And I said what????? For god sake! I had my luggage there with them. And immediately he said he called the police and the police will be over in 10 minutes! Well the police didn't show up within 10 minutes and my partner was really annoyed and wanted to just get over it and spend some more quality time down at the beach. So he said to the manager he will just pay and let this go... And the manager said he didn't want the money now he want the police to solve the problem.... Anyways worst worst service I have ever experienced in Thailand and I lived in Thailand for more than 18 years. I pretty much grew up here. And this manager at the access resort whose name start with R brings shame to Thai people. I am very ashamed of him. And I consider myself a Thai from heart.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! And will never return this! Pay another 30 dollars a night you can stay at centara grand right on the beach . And this hotel is 30 minutes walk down to the nicer part of Karon beach! Just not worth it!
And the hotel will not improve until they change the manager and the university girls with heavy makeup as receptionist and services girls.... Not professional at all!!!

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Chaoyan
Dear Valuable Guest,

However, we've recheck all details that you reviewed and we found the fact as following;
1. when our guest ordered room service we mustbe served by boat by knock the balcony's door, if the guest can't open the balconly's door within 3 minutes we'll take the room service to knock in front of your door instead to keep the food warm.
2. we provided toothbrush in our Pool Suite (the highest room category) only but for other room type, it depend on guest request.
3. Actually the hotel require to kkep all areas in our resort clean and hygine so we must be put the bin for our guest near our swimming pool around the resort.
4. ourbreakfast menu are variety and more enough for every guest who can eat from 06.30 - 10.30 am daily.
5. Normally check out procedure, our guest service will take 7 - 10 mins for check your minibar (if you have) or other things may you forgot somethingin your room but you refuse to wait for checking your room that the hotel has right to inform you again to wait for our check out process that take time only 8 mins that everything will be finished and you can check out as normal within 8 mins after informed our guest service at front desk for check out.

For any reasons the hotel do apologize for inconvenience caused during your stay.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We too were extremely disappointed that our pool access was stopped due to the construction of the Gala dinner considering this is the main reason why we chose to stay with this hotel. Being awoken by hammering and construction at 8.30 am and throughout the course of Monday night (30th) was extremely disappointing. We were not advised of the pool closure at any period before our booking nor at check in. We also found the taxi service to be overpriced and one of the taxi drivers seemed dishonest. Based on this experience, would not recommend.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa J
Dear Valuable Guest,

However, we've notice and informed all our guests who stayed with us during New Year Eve periodthat we've to close 1 of 6 swimming pools in our resort to make up the stage for our New Year Eve Gala Dinner that you've joined into our party.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed six nights with my husband and two teenage kids. Big rooms and friendly service. A little bit of a walk to Karons main strip and beach at least 10mins. Tuk Tuk costs about 150baht to get there.. Bed was very firm, we didn't mind this and I did know a topper could be requested.. Breakfast was okay although most days the food was only just warm.. Had everything we needed for our stay..

Stayed December 2013
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 4 January 2014

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately we booked 4 nights at this "resort" in the blue wing (apparently the better rooms) with direct pool access. We were awoken on the 3rd day (today dec 30th) at 8:30am to construction of a stage over the pool which we paid to have acessible from our room.

I spoke with the manager to find out what sort of discount we would get for having no pool acess, let alone no pool at all, he informed us that all booking agents were advised the pool would be closed for 3 days! At no point in the booking process or at any time during our stay were we advised that the pool acessible from our room would become a construction site. We were offered nothing, not even an apology for this massive disruption to our stay and were told to speak with the booking agent.

The staff in the hotel have been nice and helpful up to this point, sadly this event has ruined our stay here. There are plenty of good resorts available in this price range, we chose to stay here based on the pool access in the rooms.

I have been to phuket 5 times always staying in 4 or 5 star resorts and in my 15 years+ of overseas travel I have never come across a sitiuation as bad as this, I can't recommend this place any less.

Please dont make the same mistake we did and book somewere else. If I could give this place 0 stars I would.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank bjwisher

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel in November 2013 for 6 days. We arrived at 1 30am in the morning and the night reception was open and ready for us. Checked in quickly and baggage taken to our room by a staff member..
Everyday the staff were so friendly, fun, polite and went out of there way to ensure a good experience. The rooms were cleaned immaculately everyday. Yes there were renovations being done, but in true thai fashion they were respectful to the quests and could not do enough for you to ensure a quality experience. To top it off I got very sick on my last day after we had checked out I was unable to look after myself and had no choice but to lie down in the reception area with a sick bag until my taxi arrived. The hotel staff did not have to allow a very sick vomiting lady access to the lounge area but did, offered to assist me with anything I needed. In summing up I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a quality experience in Karon as the place has a genuine thai vibe and although it's not the most pretentious of hotels it is by far the warmest. Sam and Kelly, brisbane au

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelam393
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this review, 29 December 2013

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed for 5 nights at the Access Resort in a 'Blue Wing' inter-connecting room with our teenage children in Oct 13. On arrival, we were made to feel very welcome. The rooms were very clean & larger than expected, they opened onto a patio with 2 wooden deck chairs that were on the edge of the pool. This pool went round to the 'pool bar', which was frequented on occasions for a frozen Mojito.
On the first night we had dinner in the restaurant; it was one of the better meals we had on our trip, especially the Pad Thai (& not too expenses). Breakfast was great; the egg station was the highlight.
We all had an 'in-house' massage of which was really relaxing & not too expenses (being an on-site masseur).
I would have no hesitation in recommending this property.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Blue Wing are further from the front office...nice & quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family