“CC's Hideaway Experience”
Review of CC's Hideaway

CC's Hideaway
Ranked #4 of 136 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We had a delightful time on our 7 day stay there. The accomodations were clean and comfortable. The staff was stellar. The food was great and the environment was laid back and delightful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 December 2013

CC's Hideaway was one of the best hotels I've stayed in. As a frequent traveler both domestically and internationally, I've rarely felt quite as at home and well-cared for than at CC's. The staff go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. Great rooms and great views- a hotel I'll definitely be returning to!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank EditionDC
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I recently spent 10 days at CC’s Hideaway, my second stay at this Phuket gem. Nearly everything about this boutique hotel is outstanding, from the location-perched on a hillside away from the hubbub of Kata and Karon, but close enough to be there in a few minutes—to the lovely pool, whimsically littered with colorful balls and an inflatable shark, to the breakfast buffet, which was ample enough that I often didn’t need lunch. The staff are generally friendly and helpful (Jeap, Baz, Tom and Nim jump to mind. Less so the guest services guy, who seemed annoyed to be spoken to, ironically). The general manager, Ken, was helpful and friendly. Even the housekeepers and engineers seemed happy to see you.
My room was large and had a great view over the pool and, further away, the sea. The bed was one of the best I have slept on, and the bedding was soft and luxurious. The AC worked well, and the shower area was large and modern.
Apart from a couple of annoying French guys whose scatological humor was a bit tiring and incessant, the guests were friendly and fun.
I would highly recommend CC’s Hideaway to anyone looking for a relaxing place to stay in Phuket!

Room Tip: I prefer the higher up rooms, with stunning views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Caoimhin1968
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Nice hotel located up in the hills, beautiful views.
Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were clean but a little small and there was no hair dryer.
Buffet breakfast was basic but satisfactory.
Hotel shuttle service was free to Kuta and Karon leaving every hour from 9am till 10:45. However outside of these hours, shuttle would still run for a small fee (less than the price of a tuktuk or taxi). Hotel also has a taxi service to the airport that is very reasonably priced.
Unfortunately happy hour by the pool/open deck only included soft drinks, beers and basic spirts. I was looking forward to having a cocktail and soaking up the view.
Would stay here again, nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle of Patong.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We travelled to Phuket after spending a week in Bangkok and needed somewhere quieter to go for a few days. Unfortunately our first night we stayed in Patong...pretty much a mini Bangkok really so after that one night we did a search on line and found CC's Hideaway! I loved that it was off the beaten track but they also offered a free shuttle so you could go to the little town and beach area of Karon only about a 10 min drive away. You could walk but CC's is up a hill that is VERY steep. I would not want to walk up it, especially if you've had a few cocktails! I found the hotel very clean and beautifully decorated. The rooms were clean and they had the ONLY comfortable bed I experienced my whole time in Thailand! The staff were all very friendly and I enjoyed the open air bar in the lobby area that also has an amazing view. I was confused when we were charged for our breakfasts as I was sure it said on their website that breakfasts were included in the price but as we had stayed at so many hotels I thought I might have been mistaken and did not check while we were there and just paid our bill. Once I was home I went back on their website and looked and sure enough it says breakfasts are included! So wasn't too happy about that, make sure to mention their website if they try to charge you. The pool is like a little oasis, I spent many hours lounging around it and if I hadn't been travellng with someone who could not sit still I probably would have been content to spend my whole stay there beside that pool! LOL The hotel was pretty empty when we were there, it was the end of October so the low season. Would have been nice to have other travellers to converse with when enjoying cocktails, but I'm sure it would be busier in high season and then I would be complaining about it being so busy I couldn't get a lounger by the pool I suppose! All in all I recommend CC's and if I'm ever back in that neck of the woods I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are poolside, so not a lot of privacy. I had a room on the street and that worked well fo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank kndpeanuty
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Nice rooms, cosy atmosphere and attentive staff are some of the good points along with a decent breakfast buffet. However, unless you hire motor bikes or have a car you are quite isolated a CC Hideaway. Sat on a hill overlooking a great view of Kata / Karon the Hotel attempts to compensate for its location by providing a regular shuttle service. However, one must admit I have enjoyed my Phuket holidays more when I can step out of the hotel and walk a few minutes to the beach. I must say though the staff at CC's are wonderful and went out of their way to accomodate our requests-truly lovely people. My wife loved it for the serenity but I desire a bit of action within a walking distance.

Room Tip: I'd not get a pool access room as it is not really conducive to privacy as the rooms open out to...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myles S
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've picked CC's Hideaway on a short notice, although it was on my short list of hotels previously. The stay turned out to be a bit of a mixed bag. There are some things about CC's that I really liked, and others that were not so good. I rarely bother with "average" reviews - most things are "average", and it is usually worth mentioning only those above or below expectations. CC's is different - I feel that they could, for the most part deal with the negatives and then all that remains would be the strengths.

The good:
- Location. Unlike many cookie-cutter "modern" hotels situated on busy streets, CC's is tucked away up the hill, in a quiet area. Sitting on their open terrace almost felt like being in Caribbean islands almost.
- It's not too far from the beach or central areas (but it does require some walking, especially on the way back, uphill.
- Breakfast. Pretty good variety of food, in a pleasant open area, and available quite late (great if you are on vacation - and you are, if you are here)
- Rooms. Fairly large, decorated in somewhat "faux-Thai" style, but none of the cheap pseudo-Ikea furniture so often found in hotels around Phuket.
- Excellent firm bed, great back support - if you care for that sort of thing.
- Well laid out bathroom, clean and modern. Shower area properly enclosed (not a given in many Phuket hotels)
- Large pool in the middle of it all - if you are into that (and even if not, it's good to look at)

Perhaps due to last minute reservation we got a room on the ground floor, facing the road in front of the hotel. That in itself is not a big issue. Although the room is right under the main breakfast/deck area, there was surprisingly little noise coming from there, especially since most activity ceased fairly early. The road was quiet all night and most of the day too, and the area felt reasonably safe. However, a few negatives came with the room type:

Negatives:
- Rooms have "connecting doors" that allow two rooms to be booked together. The door in our room was pretty old and in a poor shape. It had multiple cracks in woodwork (through which you could see the light from connecting room). More importantly, you could hear every sound too. When our neighbors decided to turn on the TV at 3AM, they probably tried to be mindful by keeping it fairly quiet. Did not matter, as it was heard as clearly as if it was in my room. Easy to fix - get a proper door with decent soundproofing.

- While "hotels.com" lists "hand held shower", the shower is actually of "fixed overhead" variety. That's a first time I see one in Thailand. It would not be hard to replace, but at a very least - please fix hotel room description on reservation sites.

- Hot water. Water is heated somewhere outside the room and seems to be available on some sort of schedule. A late night hot shower was out of question - only cold water was available (a few nights in a row).

- This one is specific to the room we had. It was next to the main walkway, and right behind the wall there is an artificial "waterfall". Hotel management was thoughtful enough to put it on a timer, which turns off running water from 10pm to 6am. Unfortunately, 6am is a bit early to get an earful of streaming water (but great if you plan to begin your day bright and early by a quick dash to the loo). If you want to sleep late - avoid room 4. (Or perhaps management could just start the water trickle a few hours later?)

- On the last day of our stay workers replaced outdoor lighting on the terrace in front of the room. Where original lighting was controlled from the room, new one is a bright spotlight that seems to turn on and stay on all night. Imho this is a mistake. Not only does it negate any possibility of a pleasant evening on a terrace, watching the ocean, but the light is so bright that it is visible even through the light blocking curtains. I am guessing that this is intended as a security measure - but personally I would not stay in one of these lower level rooms unless light control is restored.

Also, note for travelers with children. Hotel rooms feature paintings some of which are quite "risque" to put it mildly. I assume at reception guests with children will be placed in rooms with "age appropriate" decorations, but just in case - keep this in mind, or prepare for discussion of birds and bees and such :)

All in all, CC's turned out to be a pleasant place to stay. I hope they take note and attend to the few issues.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank bork3000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Navatara Phuket Resort
Patong Mansion Hotel
Patong Mansion Hotel
#3 of 331 in Patong
BYD Lofts Boutique Hotel & Serviced Apartments

Been to CC's Hideaway? Share your experiences!