My Husband and I stayed at centara Karon resort in october 2010 for our Honeymoon. Staff were wonderful, friendly, courteous and most of them could not do enough for you.
When we arrived having left Australia at 12.30am and not getting to the hotel until around 10am we were tired. the lady who greeted us is the only staff member whom we thought was unfriendly the whole time we were there. she was abrupt when asking for information and we got sat down while they took our details after which we got a lovely fruity drink and told we would have to wait for our room to be ready.
after about a half an hour to an hour we were taken to our room... it was clean but smelt a bit musty even more so once we turned the airconditioner on...however after about 12-24 hours the smell left. whilst the room was pleasant enough it did not look like what was in the pictures I think the photos shown are probably from when it was brand new.
Breakfast was great but you had to have patience depending on what time you went for breakfast you had to wait in line for a table to be free. food was excellent.
we had a few minor issues whilst there...we had the water turn brown suddenly from time to time...this wasnt just brown water but it was staining brown water...the brown stuck to skin and towels and was horrible...this happened randomly and maybe only 3 times in our 12 day stay.
The water does not get hot...for us this was not a problem as it was a perfect luke warm tempeture and for the climate you really didnt need it any hoter...however for those who like hot showers this could be an issue.
The maintanance staff didnt understand english and we had them in about 6 times whilst there about 3 times to fix our water and another 3 to fix leaking problems in the bathroom below our room. One time the man came straight in when the door was unlocked and into the bathroom...I was still in bed and unclothed which I found to be a little disturbing.
the management gave us some fruit and an apology for this inconvienance.
The pools were great and we often found ourselves there at happy hour sitting at the pool bar...what a great way to relax in the water sitting at a bar :)
We visited the spa area about 3 times and had different types of massages they were very relaxing and the girls very professional.
The grounds are well kept and it was nice to go for a stroll around the premises in the evening or mornings.
We tried both resteraunts in the hotel and all the bars...the main resteraunt is better than the outside one...we only went to the outside one once as I felt a little bit sick after eating there...there are some great resteraunts around the area and we can not wait to go back to the two chefs not far from the hotel.
also if you have a medical problem and cannot get up stairs ask for something on the ground floor as there is no lift.
whilst our stay there was not horrible and staff were great and the location is excellent this year we will try another hotel.
If you do stay there get your laundry done outside there are several places nearby for a lot cheaper than the hotel prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Priceline, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon