This is an old hotel, and some parts have been renovated, others look rather antiquated.
AS a result, the rooms are not particularly attractive or well appointed.
The room had two smallish double beds thus a lot of space was wasted and there was no sofa or nice chairs - just two small and not very comfortable chairs.
The photos on the website are misleading as they use a wide angle lens and the rooms are not nearly as impressive in real life. Bathroom is rather plain and the shower is in the bath with no handrails (dangerous) and the taps are old and worn out, thus hard to use.
They also skimp on simple amenities like coffee.
The location is quite handy as there are a lot of restaurants and other shops nearby, yet is quiet enough to avoid the noise (unlike many places in Patong).
I like to swim laps in the pool and this is impossible as the pool is winding and more suitable as a splash pool. The music at the pool bar was very annoying - too loud and a lot of American rap and pop. I don't appreciate the fact that is was clearly audible in the room. It may be of interest to the young pool bar staff but a pain to guests.
The hotel is okay if you want a reasonably priced stay and don't want to pay for more luxury.
But I will pick something more tasteful and modern next time, and hopefully with better behaved guests (not the hotel's fault but many are pushy and uncouth).
There is also no lift - I made the mistake of carrying my own luggage and lumped it up the stairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon