Just returned from a 10 night stay in May 2014. From check in to departure, the service my wife and I received at this resort was faultless. There is nothing that the exceptionally helpful and friendly staff would not do for you. Truly a relaxing and enjoyable experience that I have no hesitation in recommending to anyone considering a stay here.
We stayed in the Terraces (ocean view) rooms - very comfortable with large bathroom, impeccably cleaned every day. My advice is to stay on high floor apartment style accommodation such as this if you want to cut down on the insect life that is unavoidable in tropical climate areas. The resort gardens are beautiful and very well maintained, but some of the ground floor accommodation and villas are surrounded with plant life and you WILL be eaten alive by mosquitos etc... at certain times of the day. Certainly NOT the resorts fault though.
The resort is a short walk to Karon beach where you can expect to pay 200THB (about £4) per sunbed per day. Currents and rip tides can be strong,
Plenty of restaurants in the area. Expect to pay more for food, gifts etc.. than in other areas of Thailand. Cheaper to use the street vendors and market stall style places where a Pad Thai or stir fry/rice meal should be around 120 to 150 THB (up to £3). Best and cheapest 'take away' food was at the Karon Temple market (held on Tuesdays and Saturdays). This is also the cheapest place to buy all you souvenir type gifts.
Resort runs a taxi/bus (one way only) to Patong for 200THB per person 2 or 3 times a day, or plenty of local 'taxis' everywhere. Going rate to Patong is around 400THB per taxi (about £8). Local taxis to and from Phuket airport are around 900THB (about £18) each way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon