My boyfriend and I came here for 8 nights when we visited Thailand for the first time this year.
- The staff. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The reception staff in particular were excellent, giving us advice about buses (where to get on and the price), helping us to track down our travel rep company to find out the time of our minibus back to the airport and a swift and friendly check in.
- The food. We only ate at the hotel for breakfasts (we had the buffet every day). It was delicious. There was a very good selection of fruit, pastries, breads and hot breakfasts with continental, english and thai styles of food. Everything is made freshly, and they will make you omelettes to order.
My breakfast tips would be to sit under a fan, near the edge if you are not used to the heat and to use the toaster to heat up the croissants.
- The cocktails. In a good few restaurants and bars nearby, we noticed that the cocktails are really small. In the hotel they are the same as you would expect in the UK and are reasonably priced. They have a very good selection, all the ones we tried were delicious. We had cocktails a couple of times each at the main pool bar and the beer terrace.
- The entertainment. The nights that we went to the beer terrace for drinks, we sat outside (there is the option to sit inside as well, but I am not sure why you would want to as the atmosphere outside was so nice). The musicians who are employed to provide the music were very talented. Very nice singing voices and they contributed to the atmosphere of the terrace.
- The locality. The hotel is well located, a 5-10 minute walk to the beach, shopping, restaurants, massage parlours etc right outside and the bus stops on the main road within a 5 minute walk.
My recommendations in the area are Kai Massage which is on the main road. They have the cheapest rates for fish foot spa and we had Thai massages there as well which were good and cheap. I also recommend Hakan's Bar (turn left at the roundabout at the beach and then it is just a little way along, on the left) which has excellent food and service.
- The wildlife. We saw lizards and little tiny geckos outside. At night, it is nice to walk over the little bridge beside the Lotus restaurant because the bullfrogs sing, though you can't see them.
- The room. Our bed was very comfortable. I don't remember having one bad night's sleep. The room was also nicely decorated and the ensuite was nice. The shower was spacious (I don't like box showers with curtains that stick to you, this one was big enough to move around in properly). The view wasn't spectacular but it was looking on to a relatively quiet street of colourful houses which was quite nice. Equipped with a safe and some minibar items including mosquito repellent which was useful as we forgot to buy some ourselves in time. Reasonably priced. The room was well maintained by the cleaning staff.
- Not too many children! As we were travelling as a couple and have spent the last couple of years at adult only hotels we were a little bit worried that the place might be overrun with screaming children. However we did not see many children and those we did see were well behaved. I think it helps that there are a few different pools so the children tend to group to a different one than the one we went to.
- Table tennis. There is a table tennis room where you can play for free. We brought our own bats and ball just in case but you don't need to, they have good quality equipment available. The room is air conditioned but it can still get quite hot while playing as the fans are not exactly over the tables. Every time we went to play, we had the room to ourselves which was nice, but there are 2 tables anyway so it would have been fine if more people had wanted to play.
- The trips. We organised these through our travel rep, not the hotel, but if you are staying in Phuket for the first time or you haven't been on any trips, then I really recommend that you go on at least one. We went to Koh Phi Phi, James Bond Island (where we were taken through caves on sea canoes) and elephant riding/white water rafting on the mainland. All 3 were awesome.
I can't think of anything that we didn't like about the hotel, so I believe that's all I have to say. I would recommend and I would return. Thank you, Centara!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Holiday Gems, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon