“Excellent place to go”

Centara Karon Resort Phuket
Ranked #18 of 133 Hotels in Karon
“Excellent place to go”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just got home from the Cantara on the 11 th we had a lovely time the hotel was clean well maintained the breakfast was lovely plenty of choice the staff were so friendly couldn't do enough for you.The Mix bar was great with its beds to chill out on we also ate there a few nights in the Lotus restaurant the woks on fire night was great. There was also plenty of good restaurants outside the hotel. We would go back again tomorrow.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank abicker
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear abica,
Thanks for taking the time to review us. I am happy to see you and your Husband enjoyed your stay with us. Its good to see that the products we offer were appreciated and I am happy to see also that you enjoyed the service of our staff.
Come back soon. We would love to see you again.
Austin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,020)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was good in many ways. Staff I would say are excellent. However our stay was slightly spoiled by the disappointing taxi service which is found within the hotel.
We stayed here for 10 days in early August. We stayed in a Cabana which was very nice except for a couple of occasions when we returned to our room to find it occuplied by a lizard!!. Not sure how they got in but as you can imagine my wife nearly jumped out of her skin.
To get back to the poor taxi service..........we hired a taxi from the desk located in the hotel for a return trip to Patong. As you woud expect we paid at the time of the booking. Taxi dropped us off at our intended destination fine. However he never returned to pick us up at the agreed time!!. Waited around for 1/2 hour before deciding to make our own way back to the hotel by alternate means. When we went in to complain the hotel said we would have to take it up with the taxi desk next day. Despite the fact that the taxi desk is located within the hotel and the cars are all covered with signage to appear as though they are working for the hotel apparenlty this is not the case. Any problems/complaints must be taken up with the taxi service direct.
Next day I went to the taxi desk as advised expecting an explanation, full apology and refund. they apologised however they initially refused to pay a refund saying I had to wait for the taxi driver to come on shift later that day. I made it clear this was not acceptable and would not be moving until I at least got my money back. I was still very annoyed at being left stranded the previous evening.
Eventually they reluctantly refunded us for the trip but still did not get an explanation .
Shame as the hotel itself was otherwise good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kris907
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Kris907,
Thank you for taking the time to rate us. Sorry to see of your troubles with the taxi service. They are not my employees but I did speak to them about your comments and will meet further with the owner to ensure such issues don't happen again. I don't like to see outside operators negatively effect our guests.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed the facilities at our resort and I do hope you will stay again with us in the future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned from our 4th visit in 4 years. This year was better than ever. The rooms recently re-furbished were excellent. We stayed in the Terraces building and used the Terraces pool. The staff through out are so friendly and happy and gracious. I can't speak highly enough of Centara. You are so well looked after. It is very close to a whole raft of restaurants and bars and the markets. The housekeeping staff are so lovely and our room was spotless. The kitchen staff at breakfast do amazingly well feeding the multitudes with a happy smile. We loved that some of the staff recognised us as return visitors and that made us feel special. I can only add that at Centara Karon Resort, all our needs were taken care of as an "older" couple, we had so much fun. There is something for everyone there. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Francessmith307
Dear Francessmith307,
I really appreciate your comments and I will certainly pass them on to the team. As the resort ages its great to see we can continue to improve on our product year on year and this comment also pleases me greatly.
The team and I are looking forward to seeing you again here in the future.
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

This was the perfect location for us with our two kids (5 and 3). They had an amazing time in the pool every day. The resort staff love kids as well. Everything you need is just outside the main gates. Felt very safe and didn't get hassled too much on the walks around the place. We loved Centara and would definitely return if we end up in Phuket again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Aaron T
Dear Aaron T,
thank you for your comments, naturally I am very glad to see you enjoyed the resort. I am particularly pleased to see your children enjoyed their time here too and I agree the staff here love kids. I will pass on your comments to the team.
Looking forward to seeing you all here again soon.
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Firstly let me congratulate every staff member we encountered all helpful/friendly.we had a lagoon pool room on the third floor which was great.if we wanted a quiter pool we went to the tropic pool.every pool area had heaps of sun loungers to use.the resort is so close to all you could want resturants/mini mart/bars ( go to the oasis bar just outside to the left great service and Paul the owner is great) also make use of the happy hours at the Rendevous bar ( the mix)Breakfast buffet was superb everything you could want to eat and never had to wait for a table.we played a few games of pool in the gym area.had a massage in the spa which was delightfull.the grounds are well kept and the gardeners work hard,just like the very busy staff at breakfast time clearing tables etc great work from them.there are only two things I could say are an observation and not a complaint are the pools close at a certain time and security need to make sure children are not in the pools in the dark ( lights are turned off) and being a bit noisey and our room was getting a wee bit tired around the edges but was always kept clean by housekeeping. We really cannot fault this resort and would happily stay here again.congratulations to management and all staff for a great holiday keep up the good work

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank didee62
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear didee62,
Thank you so much for your comments. I am so happy to see your comments regarding our staff and very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will certainly let everyone here know of your positive feedback.
We hope to see you again here soon when you next travel.
Best Regards,
London
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed 13 nights at the Centara Karon Beach Resort in Phuket and had a wonderful time. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, as well as very patient. The rooms (ocean Terrace view) were very nice, tidy and visually welcoming. We had a leak on our sink, (minor) we reported it to staff, Duke (one of the mangers) immediately upgraded us to the Premium Deluxe Room, he was very helpful. We were so happy about the upgrade which made the holiday even better for us. The food is awesome, we ate out most days and was blown away with great quality and tasty Thai food locally everywhere. We did elephant trekking, we watched a snake, elephant and monkey show . We visited monkey island on a full day speed boat trip, plus so much more. A must holiday guys!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MJ12YJ
Dear MJ12YJ,
Thank you for your very positive comments on this site. I appreciate you taking the time to rate us. It seems you saw all Phuket in your time with us. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay
I hope we are able to see you again in the future.
Nelson, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 8 nights in august and we absolutely loved it. The staff were great, we stayed in one of the cabanas with private pool which we loved, (more so than the 5 star hotel we stayed in Jamaica last year).

My husband had an accident whilst here and the reception staff were brilliant, drove us to hospital and even sent fruit and a card on our return.

Really enjoyed our stay here, the location is great, close enough to head into patong which we did one evening but also lots of bars and restaurants close by.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank rachelkeighley
Dear rachelkeighley,
Hello and thank you for rating us. Its great to see you enjoyed the Cabana room. They are indeed very spacious and quiet. Its our pleasure to look after our guests, sickness and accidents can happen from time to time and we will always help to the best of our abilities.
We do hope to see you again here soon in the future.
Best Regards,