Not the 4 star hotel as shown on the label. But it's a nice relaxing hotel so certain things don't bother you and certain things do.
10/10 bell boy/concierge staff were extremely helpful, more than reception staff at times. Well they spoke better English than the front desk staff which was odd. Pan & chai you guys are great.
They do try very hard to get things done for you which I appreciated.
Great Indian restaurant and both the morning and evening chefs were great. Good food and as a veg it hit the spot and the food was cooked how I wanted it !
Free shuttle bus to the sister hotel in patong is a great help and will save you £8 each way !
Very close to the beach and relaxing it was !
Tuk Tuk service was helpful after shopping, pan or chai the drivers would take us direct to our room. Great guys ! Miss them.
Little annoyed as when I booked via expedia and checking online it shows the hotel as a 4 star rating that's far from the truth it's a great 3 star. It does not offer the facilities or services that a 4 star would. So please let this be clear !
Worst room service food ever and a total rip off to go with it.
Very very bad shower facility water comes through and makes the whole room wet. Not great !
House keeping is done to a very minimal nothing is replenished unless you ask for it.
Very bad wifi in the room especially annoying when you pay daily high rates to use it. Now if this was a 4 star hotel the wifi would have been free ! Point taken "right"?
We spend 3 weeks there not once was we asked if we are enjoying our stay etc.
Reception staff don't speak much English "great" ! Always ask to talk with a manager !
Not a wheel chair friendly hotel steps and stairs everywhere. And no lifts.
Repetitive breakfast daily "boring"
Food and drinks at the poolside at high prices.
Not many sun beds for guests !
I stayed 3 weeks and in our room I accidentally broke a glass which I was charged for. I mean come on I stayed 3 weeks spend hundreds on food & drinks used the spa plus tips to staff daily etc and a bill for a broken glass. Joke !
Nothing is free in this hotel everything comes at a charge. I would not pay the price that I paid for this hotel again in the future.
When booking my 3 week stay expedia put in a request to the hotel. Honeymoon couple possible up grade with a late check out. Neither were granted. And paid more for a few hour extension on the room. No give way. And that was dealing with Emmy the manageress.
My pros and con write up comes from our personal experience. We are world travellers so we believe in speaking from the heart.
My negative list out weights the positive, but do rest assured we did have a pleasant stay and we left relaxed, great location close to all you could need. We hope you guys find our experience helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Do you want to enjoy a luxurious, fabulous yet affordable vacation in Phuket by the beach? Indulge yourself in this beautiful, upscale resort with spa facilities at affordable prices. The resort is surrounded by nature and is spread over 16,000 sqm. of land and is like your own private paradise. Shops and restaurants are within easy walking distance, and its more relaxed and quiet setting is the preferred choice of families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horizon Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort And Spa
- Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa Phuket